TV Tuner in NON supported countries

Discus and support TV Tuner in NON supported countries in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I just bought a TV tunner from UK, and i cannot use it in Hungary.The channels will be recognised and all set up but when i Click on TV my screen gets... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by lszilamer, Nov 17, 2014.

1. lszilamer
    lszilamer Guest

I just bought a TV tunner from UK, and i cannot use it in Hungary.The channels will be recognised and all set up but when i Click on TV my screen gets black.

Normally it should work if i change region to UK.It should be the same like with OneGuide service,we dont have it here but we can still watch TV via Set top box.Can someone help me in that?

Thanks

:)

lszilamer, Nov 17, 2014
  2. x24hrs2livex
    x24hrs2livex Guest
    Xbox One Digital TV tuner

Microsoft is releasing a digital tv tuner(UK, France, Italy, Spain and Germany) in October for users in the previously mentioned countries to experiences TV through an over the air digital terrestrial tv tuner. The prices are £24.99 in the UK and €29.99
    in the other countries. More information can be found on
    Xbox Wire
    about the upcoming project

x24hrs2livex, Nov 17, 2014
  3. elkrien
    elkrien Guest
    Digital Tuner support in other European countries

Any chance that digital tuner will be supported in more countries than now? I have bough it and it works only when I switch region in console for UK. Why it is blocked in other countries?

elkrien, Nov 17, 2014
  4. Mister Beep
    Mister Beep Guest

Hey there lszilamer!

Unfortunately, as you have mentioned, Hungary is not a supported region at this time. This means products released in certain markets are not guaranteed to work optimally outside of those markets. I strongly recommend visiting our
    Xbox Feedback page to find posts relevant to what you are looking for and vote for them. If you don't see a post that fits with your idea or feedback, post a new thread so that others can vote for it.

Mister Beep, Nov 18, 2014
  5. gaburko
    gaburko Guest
    The way Microsoft imposes restrictions on a tuner is, diplomatically put, strange. The ability to do a free scan should be the default, why they decided to impose restrictions is beyond me, but its annoying, silly and unnecessary.

gaburko, Nov 20, 2014
  6. lszilamer
    lszilamer Guest
    Free scan can be done,channels wil be also found, the screen gets black when i start the TV app.Technicaly it should work without oneguide on the same way like it works with Set Top Box

lszilamer, Nov 23, 2014
  7. gaburko
    gaburko Guest
    I am having a buyer's remorse. Key features of the X1 simply dont work. Kinect is a joke, TV tuner is crippled for no sane reason, last nights install of GTAV took over 2 hours...i mean, get your act together guys, not only you are lagging behind Sony, but
    you cant afford to *** off your existing customers. For me the hassle of returning it back is the bigger issue, but i would not hesitate to do it these dont get fixed pronto.

gaburko, Nov 24, 2014
  8. TV Tuner in NON supported countries

Hey, gaburini! I'm very sorry to see any troubles you may be running into. Please see the verified post for the link to the Feedback site to leave a suggestion for us. If you would like assistance with any support issues, please post up a new thread detailing
    what you're running into and troubleshooting you've completed. This way the community can get you the individual support that works best on the forums. As this is not a support question, and is a feedback suggestion, we're going to lock down this thread. Thanks
    for understanding! TV Tuner in NON supported countries :)

Misses Quinzel, Nov 1, 2018
  9. gaburko Win User

I am having a buyer's remorse. Key features of the X1 simply dont work. Kinect is a joke, TV tuner is crippled for no sane reason, last nights install of GTAV took over 2 hours...i mean, get your act together guys, not only you are lagging behind Sony, but
    you cant afford to *** off your existing customers. For me the hassle of returning it back is the bigger issue, but i would not hesitate to do it these dont get fixed pronto.
  10. Mister Beep Win User

Hey there lszilamer!

Unfortunately, as you have mentioned, Hungary is not a supported region at this time. This means products released in certain markets are not guaranteed to work optimally outside of those markets. I strongly recommend visiting our
    Xbox Feedback page to find posts relevant to what you are looking for and vote for them. If you don't see a post that fits with your idea or feedback, post a new thread so that others can vote for it.
  11. lszilamer Win User

Free scan can be done,channels wil be also found, the screen gets black when i start the TV app.Technicaly it should work without oneguide on the same way like it works with Set Top Box
  12. gaburko Win User

The way Microsoft imposes restrictions on a tuner is, diplomatically put, strange. The ability to do a free scan should be the default, why they decided to impose restrictions is beyond me, but its annoying, silly and unnecessary.
  13. Misses Quinzel Win User

Hey, gaburini! I'm very sorry to see any troubles you may be running into. Please see the verified post for the link to the Feedback site to leave a suggestion for us. If you would like assistance with any support issues, please post up a new thread detailing
    what you're running into and troubleshooting you've completed. This way the community can get you the individual support that works best on the forums. As this is not a support question, and is a feedback suggestion, we're going to lock down this thread. Thanks
    for understanding! :)
Thema:

1. TV Tuner in NON supported countries - Similar Threads - Tuner NON supported

2. Connected to XBL for TV Tuner to work??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connected to XBL for TV Tuner to work??: I have an Xbox One X on my boat and am using the Hauppauge TV tuner card to get HDTV over the air. However I cant seem to get any signal unless/until I connect to XBL. Is this expected behavior?...
  3. Samsung HG40EA790MS: USB TV Tuner

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Samsung HG40EA790MS: USB TV Tuner: Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: USB TV Tuner You will require a TV antenna fca1e491-dd1f-47dd-8819-f05ad1eeee17
  4. Philips 42PFL5405H: i can not connect to my tv tuner.

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Philips 42PFL5405H: i can not connect to my tv tuner.: Philips (Televisions) 42PFL5405H: i can not connect to my tv tuner. Hello WideGiant, Thank you for posting here on the Xbox forums. I'm sorry to hear your TV tuner is not working. This link...
  5. TV Tuner not recognised on Xbox One X

in XBoX on Consoles
    TV Tuner not recognised on Xbox One X: Hi there, I bought a Digital TV Tuner and when i plug it on the Xbox One X, nothing appear. Tried to configure OneGuide app but that keep saying me to plug the tuner. Also tried cold boot...
  6. Xbox One X Digital TV Tuner

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X Digital TV Tuner: hi, this tuner do job when internet connexion is down ? thanks 5a8f0d4e-0d61-4f29-a430-217bc5428bc3
  7. XB1 USB Tuner

in XBoX on Consoles
    XB1 USB Tuner: Hi, anyone here using USB tuner with HEVC/h.265 in UNSUPPORTED (no media guide) area? Is it worth trying? (I'm from the CZech Rep). Thanks MP 11b2d17f-f5f6-4ad9-84c8-ea872cb5e21c
  8. TV Tuner Question (Snap TV?)

in XBoX on Consoles
    TV Tuner Question (Snap TV?): If I purchased a TV Tuner for the Xbox One (X), can it put the TV picture in a snap TV image in the corner or the screen over the top of the game I am playing? I cannot find a definitive answer...
  9. Xbox tuner

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox tuner: hi, I’m in East Yorkshire UK and my Xbox tv tuner can’t find ITV? I have tried a few different things and it still won’t find it 1b481a5f-7ab3-47b7-a1ec-d876500eaae2
  10. XBOX One + Digital TV tuner (USB) + DVB-T2 rod antenna is not working ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX One + Digital TV tuner (USB) + DVB-T2 rod antenna is not working ...: Hello, I try to watch TV with a DVB-T2 rod antenna, the Digital TV tuner (USB) on the XBOX One. If I carry out the channel search, the XBOX One finds no channels. So here are my question: 1....