Tv won't power on after update

Discus and support Tv won't power on after update in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Optoma hd27 project won't power on when Xbox is turned off. It does power down when Xbox is turned off. Was working fine before the update. Tried... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RobertWang, Apr 2, 2017.

1. RobertWang
    RobertWang Guest

Optoma hd27 project won't power on when Xbox is turned off. It does power down when Xbox is turned off. Was working fine before the update. Tried rebooting, tried re-setting device control, no change in behavior.

:)

RobertWang, Apr 2, 2017
  2. Controller won't power on after failing update

Hi irish vigilante,

To get the best info on what could be going on, you'll want to reach out to the Xbox Insiders team

here
    . They might be able to shed light on if there are issues within the preview that could cause this to happen.

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox Insider Program Forums for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement
    issues? Check our sticky HERE for the best info.

Miss Share Bear, Apr 2, 2017
  3. Controller won't power on after failing update

I went to turn on my xbox and my controller desynced (don't know how that happened). I plugged it in with a microusb-usb and the controller powered on and was connected. When I unplugged the cable, the controller still wouldn't connect, so I plugged it back
    in and went to update the controller. The update failed immediately and now the controller won't power on at all, whether plugged in or with new batteries.

I'm in the preview program so I've been getting lots of new updates, I don't know if that could have something to do with it.

Does anyone have any idea what happened or how to fix it?

irish vigilante, Apr 2, 2017
  4. Segomo
    Segomo Guest

Same problem with Samsung TVs. It will turn on the TV during the next power up if I turn off the Xbox by holding down the power button for about 5 seconds. Happened after Spring 2017 update.

As a matter of fact I was in the fast ring update preview and it happened then, so I got out of it after giving feedback. Seems they don't really listen to feedback Tv won't power on after update :( I was hoping it would have been fixed when they unleashed the Spring update on the public.

Segomo, Apr 3, 2017
  5. Hey there, OHYEAH!

Sorry to see any issues with the A/V device control on your console! Doing a hard reset (holding the power button for 8 seconds) will resolve this, however it appears that it will only fix it once when you are set to Instant On. If you set your console to
    Energy Saving, it should not happen again after doing it one more time.

Segomo, since you're in the Insider program still, I got you pointed towards those forums in your thread

here
    . However, the below is also good information for you to have!

We are aware of the situation. Keep an eye out for any console updates in the near future, and follow up with us after you receive one. Tv won't power on after update :)

--------------------------------------

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox Insider
    Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting.

Misses Quinzel, Oct 31, 2018
  6. Segomo Win User

Same problem with Samsung TVs. It will turn on the TV during the next power up if I turn off the Xbox by holding down the power button for about 5 seconds. Happened after Spring 2017 update.

As a matter of fact I was in the fast ring update preview and it happened then, so I got out of it after giving feedback. Seems they don't really listen to feedback :( I was hoping it would have been fixed when they unleashed the Spring update on the public.
  7. Misses Quinzel Win User

Hey there, OHYEAH!

Sorry to see any issues with the A/V device control on your console! Doing a hard reset (holding the power button for 8 seconds) will resolve this, however it appears that it will only fix it once when you are set to Instant On. If you set your console to
    Energy Saving, it should not happen again after doing it one more time.

Segomo, since you're in the Insider program still, I got you pointed towards those forums in your thread

here
    . However, the below is also good information for you to have!

We are aware of the situation. Keep an eye out for any console updates in the near future, and follow up with us after you receive one. :)

--------------------------------------

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox Insider
    Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting.
  8. SifuNTD Win User

Can't enter some configurations in Setings.

Also my xbox won't turn off my TV aswell after this update.
  9. redwingnut1 Win User

Xbox One will turn on TV/Receiver but won't shut off TV/Receiver

I had it set so that it powered on and off my Samsung UN65F8000 TV and after the last update it won't do either anymore. I've gone into settings and reset it, I've unplugged the Xbone and nothing seems to work. I wish I could get this working again.
  10. Miss Share Bear Win User

Controller won't power on after failing update

Hi irish vigilante,

To get the best info on what could be going on, you'll want to reach out to the Xbox Insiders team

here
    . They might be able to shed light on if there are issues within the preview that could cause this to happen.

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox Insider Program Forums for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement
    issues? Check our sticky HERE for the best info.
Thema:

1. Tv won't power on after update - Similar Threads - won't power update

2. Xbox won't power on because of update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox won't power on because of update: I was updating my Xbox and it got through the first 2 stages but when it got to the third it powered off and never turned back on. Is there any fix for this? 905287dc-c7b6-47bb-8a51-dcf746ccc8ac
  3. Xbox One Original won't turn on power brick light goes off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Original won't turn on power brick light goes off: I tried the Xbox One power supply solution multiple times and it hasn't helped. The power brick's light dies as soon as it is plugged in. I waited 10 seconds and it still doesn't work at all. Does...
  4. My Xbox One won't boot then shots down. It is the power source or...?

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox One won't boot then shots down. It is the power source or...?: Really could use some advice here, I will try to explain in details as I read about similar stuff but not with these specs: Having a Xbox One console, the old one (fat+brick power source)....
  5. Xbox One S Won't Turn On, New Power Cord

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S Won't Turn On, New Power Cord: I just bought a used Xbox One S and it won't turn on, and I know it's not the power cord or the power supply because I got the wrong cord from the person I bought it from and had to buy a new one...
  6. Xbox One won't turn back on after hard power down

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One won't turn back on after hard power down: I was using my Xbox One last night and this morning, and it was working perfectly fine. I did a hard power down and left the console off for a few hours, and now when I try to power it on it is...
  7. Xbox One (original) won't power up properly?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One (original) won't power up properly?: Hi all I have an original black Xbox one and it won't power on - the light comes on the front of the console, the fan starts whirring then i get a quiet but repetitive '3 clicks' for about a...
  8. 500Mb system update in Energy saving mode console won't power up

in XBoX on Consoles
    500Mb system update in Energy saving mode console won't power up: Hi guy's, so I get my system updates early om the Xbox One and completely forgot that I switched my console to Energy saving mode a few days prior. I have never had a problem with my console...
  9. Console Powered off during update - won't turn back on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console Powered off during update - won't turn back on: Hi, I have been on the preview program since I got my console day one and I haven't had any big issues (besides my disk tray not reading some disks) but about a week ago my console shut off...
  10. Controller won't power on after failing update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller won't power on after failing update: I went to turn on my xbox and my controller desynced (don't know how that happened). I plugged it in with a microusb-usb and the controller powered on and was connected. When I unplugged the...