Twitch app crashes when camera is turned on

Discus and support Twitch app crashes when camera is turned on in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I got a webcam for my Series X and have been successfully using it to stream with the Twitch app since January. Then, quite suddenly (as it so happens,... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/CyberKnight1, Oct 8, 2021.

1. Twitch app crashes when camera is turned on

I got a webcam for my Series X and have been successfully using it to stream with the Twitch app since January. Then, quite suddenly (as it so happens, immediately after streaming Halo Infinite preview gameplay on September 24th), it started crashing -- I would start broadcasting and switch to my game, but within a minute the broadcast bar would disappear, and Twitch did not appear to receive any data. It would take two or three tries to open the Twitch app again (it would crash to the dashboard once or twice), and then trying to broadcast would just repeat the problem.

I fully uninstalled and reinstalled the Twitch app, and that seemed to do the trick -- except what I didn't notice was that the camera in Twitch's settings was turned off. When I realized this and tried to turn the camera back on (in Twitch, on the broadcast tab, it's when you set the "Camera Position" to something other than "None"), I got the same crashing behavior. (I can see the camera light turn on for about five seconds, then turn off, and the broadcast bar disappears a moment later.)

The camera itself appears to be fine; I'm able to use it with the console's Skype app without any issues.

Xbox Series X, Alpha Insider. Camera is a NexiGo USB 1080p, purchased off of Amazon. I filed a bug (a couple actually, first when I had crashing and then second when I realized it was the camera).

submitted by /u/CyberKnight1
    [link] [comments]

/u/CyberKnight1, Oct 8, 2021
  2. THANOS OPRESSOR Win User

Mixer vs. Twitch: Let's Talk About That!

Mixer only loses to Twitch in the mobile app, is crashing a lot
  3. StephouInsidiou Win User

kinect on twitch app

Same for me, the twitch app update and that beta thing I think are responsible for not being able to connect a camera. I searched for hours for a solution and couldn’t find anything. Very frustrating. I’ll go write a review for the twitch app explaining
    the issue
  4. demonizer andy Win User

Camera not Broadcasting on the twitch App

ok this is an issue my son had himself and i corrected it this way. ..

download the xbox insider app and opt in for the insider program and beta dashboards etc, update your console this way and hopefully your camera woes should disappear, its a small issue with current dashboards but hopefully this should solve it for you

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-profile/manage-account/xbox-insider-program#:~:text=%20Xbox%20Insider%20Program%20FAQ%20%201%20Launch,Preview%20ring%20from%20the%20available%20selections.%20More%20
  5. HenningRørseth Win User

Kinect and twitch

Hello, no new webcam or refund would be given!!! When you try to use the camera what happens? Does any error codes show up?
    The twitch app cant find the kinect anymore it happend after some update i did and they [mod removed] should refund or fix this cause its [mod removed] the setting on twitch says no camera and i cant select it at all (greyed out)
  6. quickgater Win User

"Xbox Broadcast" - How To Use?

I unsnap the twitch app and close it. After that I find that you cannot use any apps in snap mode, the twitch app no longer will open and when you try to turn the xbox off the screen goes off but the Xbox doesn't turn off you just see the lights stay on.
Thema:

Twitch app crashes when camera is turned on

1. Twitch app crashes when camera is turned on - Similar Threads - Twitch app crashes

2. Insider App & Twitch Won't Run Despite Hard Reset

in XboX Insiders
    Insider App & Twitch Won't Run Despite Hard Reset: I've done both soft and hard resets and submitted error tickets with no response. Both Twitch and the Insider Hub apps when run read Getting Your App ready then read error code 0x80070490. The...
  3. Random issues when using Twitch app to stream games.

in XboX Insiders
    Random issues when using Twitch app to stream games.: System: Xbox Series S with 1TB expansion card. TV: Phillips 4K 50" 50PUS7805 Had this console for about 2 weeks now and are having alot of issues when using twitch app for streaming games. 1:...
  4. Xbox Apps Won't Download (Bing, Twitch)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Apps Won't Download (Bing, Twitch): So I've had this problem with my Xbox One and my Xbox One X on my phone's hotspot and on my internet. I try to download an app from the microsoft store like Bing or Twitch and all I get is it says...
  5. Twitch app crashes when broadcasting and audio is out of sync

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Twitch app crashes when broadcasting and audio is out of sync: I steam directly from my xbox one x to lightstream and then to Twitch via the Twitch app. In the last month, the app has kept crashing disrupting my streams, sometimes within seconds of starting...
  6. Twitch app crashes and external ssd drive no longer works

in XBoX on Consoles
    Twitch app crashes and external ssd drive no longer works: I got this problem only with the twitch app Today the app crashed again and shut down my Xbox Series s immediately like always if twitch is freezing. The power lamp blinks 2 times then shut...
  7. Twitch App crashing on latest build.

in XboX Insiders
    Twitch App crashing on latest build.: Apparently the Twitch app was updated on my Series X on 4/8. Just tried it today and as soon as it loads it crashes. Don't know if it's because if the latest insider build or because of the twitch...
  8. Anybody else having issues with the Twitch app crashing after starting stream??

in XboX Insiders
    Anybody else having issues with the Twitch app crashing after starting stream??: Everytime I start a broadcast it crashes within 30 seconds wtf submitted by /u/RashaanTHarvey [link] [comments]
  9. Twitch app crashes when loading channel

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Twitch app crashes when loading channel: Where the fix its unbeliveble 37683d29-658a-4438-8cc7-704a96b569c3
  10. Twitch app keeps crashing on the console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Twitch app keeps crashing on the console: Hello, my twitch apps keeps crashing on the xbox one console,,, these troubles started after the last xbox update. Today it crashed like 13 times already. :( Please fix this problem. :(...