Two adults (parent control) and one child - possible?

Discus and support Two adults (parent control) and one child - possible? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My son's child xbox account was set up with my partner's email as the approver for games, purchases etc. Can we add my account so that I too can... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by DarrellFrost, Feb 11, 2020.

1. DarrellFrost
    DarrellFrost Guest

My son's child xbox account was set up with my partner's email as the approver for games, purchases etc. Can we add my account so that I too can approve his games, purchases etc?

I guess the answer is 'yes', as imagine a scenario with separated parents and a child that uses two xbox's in two homes.

Thanks to suggest how to add a second adult can receive the requests from the child account and make approvals.

:)

DarrellFrost, Feb 11, 2020
  2. PositiveTomato Win User

access to on-line status

Have you got a family account setup at all, or parental controls?

That may be the issue.

Try asking your parent/guardian to turn off their parental controls, and reply if it does not help.

If your parent/guardian does not know how to turn parental controls off, tell them to promote the Xbox Live account to an adult one, instead of a child one. You may have a child account, instead of a full adult account.
  3. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Content Restrictions

Hi, is your account under parental controls ?

If that's the case then the parental account will need to sign in and change any restrictions on your account.

If that's not the case and your account is an adult account and you also have a child account signed in that has content restrictions set then those restrictions will also affect the adult account until the child account signs out.

support.xbox.com/.../child-and-adult-signed-in
  4. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Has anyone gotten banned on Xbox for a pirated game on pc?

The adult parental account can control the use of the child account and that is explained in the rules of the service.
  5. mareledanut Win User

I believe every account that is not set to "Child" can control the account.
  6. Njal the Blue Win User

Adding to this, simply put any adult account added to the family account, can control a child account. You will just need the Adult already on the account, to add you. This is explained in the link above.
Thema:

1. Two adults (parent control) and one child - possible? - Similar Threads - adults parent control

2. Parental Consent for an Adult

in XBoX on Consoles
    Parental Consent for an Adult: For many months, I've had issues with modifying the settings on my Xbox account. Even though I'm 19 years old and my account's birthdate is correct, my account is still considered to be a child...
  3. To change my Xbox from on parental control to normal adult set up so I can purchase...

in XBoX on Consoles
    To change my Xbox from on parental control to normal adult set up so I can purchase...: Hi there, can any one help me as my parents set up parental controls years ago when i was younger and we are trying to take it off parental controls and restrictions but my mum doesnt know how to...
  4. Can the parental controls be enabled for an adult account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can the parental controls be enabled for an adult account?: I see value in the parental controls, but I wouldn't mind being able to apply these rules to myself. This would certainly make self-discipline easier. It would be awesome if I could put in my own...
  5. Setting screen time for adults/parent accounts

in XBoX on Consoles
    Setting screen time for adults/parent accounts: The introduction of screen time for child accounts is welcome, but the lack of them for adult and parent accounts is puzzling, as I think it would help everyone. Apple's screen time works for any...
  6. Moving GamerTag account to another Microsoft account (Parent/Adult Child)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Moving GamerTag account to another Microsoft account (Parent/Adult Child): I created an Xbox GamerTag using my hotmail account 10-15 years ago which in time became my Microsoft account that I use primarily for personal email. Since that time, my son who is now 18+,...
  7. Cannot remove parental lock even though I'm an adult

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot remove parental lock even though I'm an adult: Hi, So a few weeks ago I bought Forza Horizon 4 on my PC. When I was playing, I noticed that some features were locked per my "Parental control settings" I am over 18 and have been trying to...
  8. Parental Controls for an adult?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Parental Controls for an adult?: My son uses my account to play Fortnite, where he's already purchased battle packs and skins. I've created an account for him but because Fortnite doesn't allow you to change email addresses on...
  9. Adult account, but prompted to get parent's permission for purchase

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Adult account, but prompted to get parent's permission for purchase: When attempting to purchase the "Letter Quest: Grimm's Journey / Three-Fourths Home: Extended Edition / Paranautical Activity Bundle" (on sale this week), I am prompted with a message indicating...
  10. My account says I'm a child but the parent account says I'm a adult and I can't change it.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My account says I'm a child but the parent account says I'm a adult and I can't change it.: My xbox live account says that I'm a child in the family however on the parent account it says I'm a child. I have changed it a few times and nothing has happened and I have even signed into my...