Two factor authentication for buying content

Discus and support Two factor authentication for buying content in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; is possible to set up two factor authentication(so i have to enter my password AND a code sent to my mobile) each time I want to buy content eg games,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ARSENALTASTIC, Feb 20, 2020.

1. Two factor authentication for buying content

is possible to set up two factor authentication(so i have to enter my password AND a code sent to my mobile) each time I want to buy content eg games, dlc , movies etc

:)

ARSENALTASTIC, Feb 20, 2020
  2. ItzAprilLol Win User

There is for buying, you can only set a passcode but that is a actually a good idea. Hint hint, wink wink.
  3. zeroice007 Win User

4. aMexicanErb Win User

i am not 100% sure, but i don't think Two Factor Verification works on the store, i now it doesn't directly on the console.
  5. T3chnlgydude Win User

Hi Gamer

Two step verifications is not enabled/used when buying stuff directly from your console as far as I understand but it can be used to make sure no one hacks your account. Or at least you will know if someone is trying to access your account
  6. XBF Ezra G Win User

Thema:

1. Two factor authentication for buying content - Similar Threads - factor authentication buying

2. Xbox - two factor authentication

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox - two factor authentication: Hi, I am part of skip ahead ring. I have a password protected account in my xbox and in the last 2 months it started to ask me for a two factor authentication code which make sense. The issue is...
  3. 2 factor verification

in XBoX Accessibility
    2 factor verification: Hi I have set up 2 factor verification for microsoft and epic. When I log in to my accounts from any other device I get prompted for a code to gain access which is e-mailed to me. However, on the...
  4. My son can't connect to the XBox 360 since he enabled 2-factor authentication

in XBoX on Consoles
    My son can't connect to the XBox 360 since he enabled 2-factor authentication: After my suggestion, my son enabled two-factor authentication on his Live account. Now, he undusted the Xbox 360 and wanted to connect. Because it does not support two-factor authentication, he...
  5. 2-Factor Authentication on MS Account

in XBoX on Consoles
    2-Factor Authentication on MS Account: I have two-factor authentication setup on my Microsoft Account, (and all others that offer so I might be mixing and matching). When I first set it up, I had to create an app password for signing...
  6. How to set up two factor authentication at startup?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to set up two factor authentication at startup?: Is there a way to setup two factor authentication at startup? 6177034d-8ba2-452a-8de6-f3f9131d6915
  7. Resetting the Xbox One to factor defaults

in XBoX on Consoles
    Resetting the Xbox One to factor defaults: Hello, I'm wondering if its possible to require a passkey, or password to reset the Xbox One to factory settings. Any help would be great, thanks! 9e3463e9-91ed-4e9a-8622-09d07c2fe1eb
  8. error msg E203 00000803 80073CF6 - factor reset?

in XBoX on Consoles
    error msg E203 00000803 80073CF6 - factor reset?: During update I got error msg E203 00000803 80073CF6 . Used diagnostic tool with no avail. What can I do? Maybe factory reset, but what would happen to all the games I've purchased (e.g. fifa )...
  9. 2 factor authentication question

in XBoX on Consoles
    2 factor authentication question: I turned on 2 factor authentication last night. On my desktop PC, because it's a trusted device, when I log into Xbox.com via Internet Explorer, I don't need to enter in a security code. That's...
  10. Software update to support two factor authentication?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Software update to support two factor authentication?: It's available for the Xbox One, and there's a lot of us who won't be moving there soon. Needing a new app password each time the terms of use changes is a little ridiculous, and maintaining 4...