Two Headset on xbox show up as only 1 person on screen

Discus and support Two Headset on xbox show up as only 1 person on screen in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; We recently fixed our xbox so that both my son’s have their own accounts (vs. using Guest for one of them). All seemed fine. Then, they noticed that... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LaineyJ, Aug 19, 2019.

1. LaineyJ
    LaineyJ Guest

We recently fixed our xbox so that both my son’s have their own accounts (vs. using Guest for one of them). All seemed fine. Then, they noticed that when either of them talked into their headset (separate ones plugged into separate controllers) it showed
    up as the same account/person talking. How do we separate them? 1 son is set up under my husband and one son is set up under me, as parents. They are using one xbox console playing ARK Survival. We hade no issues with them using their profiles as set
    up under my husband when playing Star Wars: Battlefront. Thank you.

:)

LaineyJ, Aug 19, 2019
  2. LaineyJ Win User

Ugh.. That is stupid. Who is going to buy a console for every kid in the house??
  3. choppyseize Win User

To completely separate them you would need another console or PC. You can't use the same Xbox for that.
  4. XBF Crystal P Win User

Hi there LaieyJ,

Thanks the reply and update. To help clarify,

• Are they signed into a Microsoft Account?
    • Are you using one console?
    • Are you using party chat or in-game chat?

Let us know so we may further assist.
  5. LaineyJ Win User

So, if they are both playing with two different controllers and headphones, they will always show up as only one person on the screen when talking?
  6. M3tal Daz3 Win User

You can't separate the guest account (the temporary account) from the main account being used at the same time.
Thema:

1. Two Headset on xbox show up as only 1 person on screen - Similar Threads - Headset show person

2. Headset not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset not working: my new headset has stopped working, and the crossed mic symbol has appeared on my screen. How do I fix this please. My headset works with my sisters controller on her xbox so there is nothing...
  3. Headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset: Why does my headset say not assigned 7bc0273f-00ac-4bcb-bfb5-64dfe69d8efa
  4. No audio coming through new Turtle Beach Recon 70 headset, also not detected in party

in XBoX on Consoles
    No audio coming through new Turtle Beach Recon 70 headset, also not detected in party: My girlfriend just bought a replacement Turtle Beach Recon 70 headset after her cat chewed through the cable of the old one, but this one isn't receiving any audio from the Xbox/controller and...
  5. Xbox headset controller issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox headset controller issue: Hi all I have an Xbox One console and have just bought a headset and mic. I have followed the set up instructions but under Settings - Devices & Accessories, the Volume option is greyed out so...
  6. Headset

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Headset: Ciai. Il problema è che all'improvviso ngiocando on line ne sento gli altri ne loro sentono me. Ho provato anche a cambiare cuffie. Su impostazioni ho messo audio di?? Cosa fare? Problema di...
  7. Headset mic not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset mic not working: When i plug in my headset to my controller,its not recognised,and no audio settings are visable on my dashboard.i cannot talk to my friends in a party. 23bc1ef5-96e3-4459-8dda-a877462dea52
  8. Headsets

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headsets: Can I use the Logitech g533 wireless headset on xbox one bc466ca2-21ef-4a14-83ef-cfe6ebb284df
  9. Solution To: Headset Icon top right of TV showing Muted on Home Page.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Solution To: Headset Icon top right of TV showing Muted on Home Page.: The headset icon next to battery at the top right of TV screen sometimes shows muted and the headset adapter mute button light will not illuminate and seems dead or not working. In my experience...
  10. Plugged Xbox One headset in the Universal Audio Jack on the front of my PC and it doesn't show ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Plugged Xbox One headset in the Universal Audio Jack on the front of my PC and it doesn't show ...: I got a Universal Audio Jack on the front of my PC, I plugged the 3.5mm Xbox one headset into it and the audio doesn't cut out and switch to the headset, no sound is coming from the headset. It...