Two Headset on xbox show up as only 1 person on screen

Discus and support Two Headset on xbox show up as only 1 person on screen in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; We recently fixed our xbox so that both my son’s have their own accounts (vs. using Guest for one of them). All seemed fine. Then, they noticed that... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LaineyJ, Aug 19, 2019.

1. LaineyJ
    LaineyJ Guest

We recently fixed our xbox so that both my son’s have their own accounts (vs. using Guest for one of them). All seemed fine. Then, they noticed that when either of them talked into their headset (separate ones plugged into separate controllers) it showed
    up as the same account/person talking. How do we separate them? 1 son is set up under my husband and one son is set up under me, as parents. They are using one xbox console playing ARK Survival. We hade no issues with them using their profiles as set
    up under my husband when playing Star Wars: Battlefront. Thank you.

:)

LaineyJ, Aug 19, 2019
  2. LaineyJ Win User

Ugh.. That is stupid. Who is going to buy a console for every kid in the house??
  3. choppyseize Win User

To completely separate them you would need another console or PC. You can't use the same Xbox for that.
  4. XBF Crystal P Win User

Hi there LaieyJ,

Thanks the reply and update. To help clarify,

• Are they signed into a Microsoft Account?
    • Are you using one console?
    • Are you using party chat or in-game chat?

Let us know so we may further assist.
  5. LaineyJ Win User

OHMYGAWD! The boys fixed their problem. Apparently, the one had turned his headset to mute without knowing it! Sheesh. Everything is back to normal with each of them using their own profile and their own headset and controller on a single console.
    Thanks for all your help!
  6. LaineyJ Win User

So, if they are both playing with two different controllers and headphones, they will always show up as only one person on the screen when talking?
Thema:

1. Two Headset on xbox show up as only 1 person on screen - Similar Threads - Headset show person

2. Kinect mic with headset audio

in XBoX Accessibility
    Kinect mic with headset audio: Hi guys, Ive been trying to use my kinect's mic for party chat whilst using my headset (which is plugged in) for game audio. The bluetooth headset I have has a 3.5 mm mic but it doesn't work when...
  3. Xbox One thinks my MPOW HC5 headset is a speaker?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One thinks my MPOW HC5 headset is a speaker?: I got a new MPOW HC5 bluetooth headset today. It's mainly bluetooth, but it also has a 3.5 mm jack, with microphone support. I plugged it into my controller, joined a party, but the microphone is...
  4. Wireless headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless headset: I cant use my logitech g533 Headset on xbox what can i do 693c7093-f38f-4b7b-86a1-21db79bbda26
  5. When headset chat mixer is full right comms comes Through tv, so stops working on headphones

in XboX Insiders
    When headset chat mixer is full right comms comes Through tv, so stops working on headphones: [IMG] submitted by /u/bradstandard92 [link] [comments]
  6. Xbox stereo headset. I can hear but my mic doesn’t work.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox stereo headset. I can hear but my mic doesn’t work.: I had the standard Xbox chat headset. One day this stopped working. I purchased the xbox one stereo headset and adapter. This prompted to update my controller, which I have done. I can now hear my...
  7. In voice chat, I can hear them but they can't hear me. My headset shows up as connected.

in XBoX on Consoles
    In voice chat, I can hear them but they can't hear me. My headset shows up as connected.: When I'm in xbox live parties I can hear people but they can't hear me. I have double-checked that i'm not muted, not in game chat, and all my audio settings. Also, when I joined a party through...
  8. Why is black ops 4 showing mic headset indicator on in (lobby and ingame) when I don't have...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is black ops 4 showing mic headset indicator on in (lobby and ingame) when I don't have...: I have ocd and it just bothers me when I'm in a game, do I need to re install black ops 4? I'm using a turtle beach on xbox. c7f8761a-8c3d-4f44-b81a-31af255a4978
  9. Solution To: Headset Icon top right of TV showing Muted on Home Page.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Solution To: Headset Icon top right of TV showing Muted on Home Page.: The headset icon next to battery at the top right of TV screen sometimes shows muted and the headset adapter mute button light will not illuminate and seems dead or not working. In my experience...
  10. Plugged Xbox One headset in the Universal Audio Jack on the front of my PC and it doesn't show ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Plugged Xbox One headset in the Universal Audio Jack on the front of my PC and it doesn't show ...: I got a Universal Audio Jack on the front of my PC, I plugged the 3.5mm Xbox one headset into it and the audio doesn't cut out and switch to the headset, no sound is coming from the headset. It...