Two-step verification Mobile Code not working

Discus and support Two-step verification Mobile Code not working in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello, I lost my password after not using my xbox for quite a while so I wanted to use the 'forgot my password' option. I enabled two-step... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Annekoeken, Sep 2, 2018.

1. Annekoeken
    Annekoeken Guest

Hello,

I lost my password after not using my xbox for quite a while so I wanted to use the 'forgot my password' option. I enabled two-step verification but haven't used the verificator yet. So that leaves my mobile number and e-mail.

My e-mail works evertyime, but as soon as I try to do the second step of the verification by choosing mobile code, it gives me this error message: "There's a temporary problem with the service. Please try again. If you continue to get this message, try again
    later." This keeps happening. So I can't recover my account and the only thing that's left is waiting 30 days for a recovery, which is crazy considering I have access to my mobile phone, the option just doesn't work.

What is going on and how do I get it to work?

EDIT: So I noticed it only gives me an error when I enter the RIGHT last 4 numbers of my phone number.

Example:

If the last 4 numbers of my phone number were 1234, and I'd type that in, it would tell me there is a problem with the service.

If I enter 4321 it would say the last two numbers don't match.

If I enter 5534 it says: If these number are correct we will send you a code.

Isn't that werid? That it only gives an error when I enter the correct numbers?

:)

Annekoeken, Sep 2, 2018
  2. Gamer Profile won't download!!!!!!!!!!!

Have tried multiple times for hours, nothng is working. I have set up the two step verification, disabled the two step verification, changed my password and nothing is working!! Error codes 8151103 and 8151109 pop up every time it starts to download. please
    help!!!!!!!

StickyFlyer56, Sep 2, 2018
  3. Prometheus B
    Prometheus B Guest
    How can I stop others from taking my points from my games I play?

Hey there.

The best option is to change the password of your profile and make sure they do not get it again. Also, it is good to activate the two step verification. This will ask for the password and also for a code that will be sent where you want to log in: a mobile
    phone or an email, for example. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12408/microsoft-account-about-two-step-verification

Hope this helps.

Greetings.

Prometheus B, Sep 2, 2018
  4. Annekoeken
    Annekoeken Guest

So I contacted support the next day and was told this is a server problem. I was told to wait 24 hours and try again. It's still not working, which is very frustrating.

Annekoeken, Sep 4, 2018
  5. Annekoeken Win User

So I contacted support the next day and was told this is a server problem. I was told to wait 24 hours and try again. It's still not working, which is very frustrating.

Hello,

I lost my password after not using my xbox for quite a while so I wanted to use the 'forgot my password' option. I enabled two-step verification but haven't used the verificator yet. So that leaves my mobile number and e-mail.

My e-mail works evertyime, but as soon as I try to do the second step of the verification by choosing mobile code, it gives me this error message: "There's a temporary problem with the service. Please try again. If you continue to get this message, try again
    later." This keeps happening. So I can't recover my account and the only thing that's left is waiting 30 days for a recovery, which is crazy considering I have access to my mobile phone, the option just doesn't work.

What is going on and how do I get it to work?

EDIT: So I noticed it only gives me an error when I enter the RIGHT last 4 numbers of my phone number.

Example:

If the last 4 numbers of my phone number were 1234, and I'd type that in, it would tell me there is a problem with the service.

If I enter 4321 it would say the last two numbers don't match.

If I enter 5534 it says: If these number are correct we will send you a code.

Isn't that werid? That it only gives an error when I enter the correct numbers?
  6. bob111111111(2) Win User

My XBOX360 says my email or password is invalid.

You can try disabling the two step verification on account.live.com and your password will work. If you have the two step verification set up, you need to use the generated code it gave you to sign in on the console
  7. Prometheus B Win User

How can I stop others from taking my points from my games I play?

8. Misses Quinzel Win User

Xbox refuses to accept my passwords for downloading an existing profile

Hey there, ApplaudedOdin74! If you have two-step verification on your account, then you need to use the App Password from the
    account site to download a profile to the 360, not the two-step verification codes. Another option is to remove two-step verification temporarily so that you can download your profile. Let us know if that works for
    you! :)
  9. Patrat46 Win User

My XBOX360 says my email or password is invalid.

When Two-Step Verification is enabled u have to verify your account every time you log in using a code sent to your phone or email.

The xbox is unable to prompt you for this code at this time.

To connect using Two-Step Verification you need to generate an application password on account.live.com and use that to sign on to the xbox. your normal password will just give you an incorrect password error message and possibly a status code 8015d002

disabling Two-Step Verification works as well.
Thema:

1. Two-step verification Mobile Code not working - Similar Threads - step verification Mobile

2. 2 step verification not set up by me

in XBoX Accessibility
    2 step verification not set up by me: Hi I can't log into my xbox account as it says the password is wrong, when I try to reset this it says I have 2 step verification on. The e-mail addresses in the 2 step reset aren't mine, please...
  3. 2段階認証について (Mod Translation: About two-step verification)

in XBoX on Windows
    2段階認証について (Mod Translation: About two-step verification): 私はアカウントを1つもっているのですが、パスワードを忘れてしまいました・・・ そこで回復しようと下のですが2段階認証にしていて 一つはメールアドレス 2つは携帯のSMS にしているのですが、1つ目のメールアドレスがフェイスブックのハッキング事件でメールアドレスが流失してしまいましたので、変更しました...
  4. Can't sign into iOS app using two-step verification

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't sign into iOS app using two-step verification: Recently, I noticed that I no longer received notifications from the Xbox app on my iPhone 6s. In an attempt to correct this, I logged out. When I attempt to sign back in, I can enter my email...
  5. 2 step verification for deleting captures

in XBoX on Consoles
    2 step verification for deleting captures: Make a extra option for deleting clips. I just accidentally deleted an amazing clip because i wanted to add a caption to it instead i clicked "delete" and bam it was gone forever no "are you sure"...
  6. When will you guys be fixing two-step verification?

in XBoX on Consoles
    When will you guys be fixing two-step verification?: I had it set up recently and it works fine on the Xbox One but every time I tried to sign in on my 360, it won't let me sign in. It told me to use the app password found in the Microsoft Account...
  7. Signing in and 2-Step Verification problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Signing in and 2-Step Verification problem: I am trying to sign in on my 360 and I'm getting an error saying the email or password didn’t work, try again or use your app password. I've tried setting up app password on my PC but when...
  8. two step verification problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    two step verification problem: i cant sign in to my Xbox 360 because I thought it would be a great idea to increases my security for my Xbox 360 but the so called app would not let me because they failed to send me the code...
  9. 2-step verification

in XBoX on Consoles
    2-step verification: How can i sign in for xbox 360 profile download,when i have 2-step verification? Also how can i get an application pasword? 1514c78e-af1d-4f37-a786-975d2aa0ffd6
  10. Make Xbox a Trusted Device for Two Step Verification

in XBoX on Consoles
    Make Xbox a Trusted Device for Two Step Verification: Every single time that I want to sign in to Xbox Live, or one of my brothers wants to (we all use the same account), I have to do two-step verification. I like the idea of two step verification...