Two Xbox consoles, one tv or two?

Discus and support Two Xbox consoles, one tv or two? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My husband and I fairly new to gaming. We got a Xbox one S for xmas. We got it to play games with each other and to be able to play onlines games with... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BusyBee771, Feb 25, 2021.

1. BusyBee771
    BusyBee771 Guest

My husband and I fairly new to gaming. We got a Xbox one S for xmas. We got it to play games with each other and to be able to play onlines games with friends and neices.

several questions:

1. do we need two consoles and two tv’s to be able to play onlines games with each other?

2. if we want to play two player games do we each have to have our own console? Or can we play on one console?

3. can we put two consoles on one TV? And play online with each other?

* we each have our own profile.

:)

BusyBee771, Feb 25, 2021
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

You will need two TVs for two consoles.

Some games support split screen play, but not all.
  3. IR0NW0LF130 Win User

1. Yes if it is an online game unfortunately you would need 2 consoles. Each would also need an Xbox Live Gold membership unless the game is free. However some online games like Fortnite support split screen so you could both play on one console.

2. If it is a 2 player game, you just need 2 controllers connected to the same console.

3. You can put 2 consoles into a TV if you have 2 HDMI ports. However, to play together, one of you would need to use the remote play feature on the Xbox app. I believe this only works for the mobile version and needs iOS 13 or above.
  4. Tesla 746 Win User

Xbox One S will turn on but blank tv screen and console turn itself off after about 10 seconds. Help!

Did you make sure that the TV is connected to the correct HDMI port on the back of the console, there is two ports on the back of the Xbox One console one for HDMI in from cable / satellite TV box, and one that outputs the signal to the TV.
  5. FIONAO'SULLIVAN Win User

Xbox One S will turn on but blank tv screen and console turn itself off after about 10 seconds. Help!

Did you make sure that the TV is connected to the correct HDMI port on the back of the console, there is two ports on the back of the Xbox One console one for HDMI in from cable / satellite TV box, and one that outputs the signal to the TV.
    Yes thanks, console hdmi is in the output to tv port
  6. Shaggy2000 Win User

ideas of some Accessories or fix that xbox one needs

So basically, your asking if the Xbox One can output one game to two different TV's so that you and your grandson can play co-op games from one console, but on two different TVs.

-

The answer unfortunately is a big fat no, no console to date has had that feature and I really cant see them adding the feature as its a hardware issue, it would require the console to have two HDMI outputs, and it would require the console to work twice
    as hard.
Thema:

1. Two Xbox consoles, one tv or two? - Similar Threads - consoles

2. Console Companion doesnt exist anymore..?

in XBoX on Windows
    Console Companion doesnt exist anymore..?: Hey, This is a huge issue that's been bugging me for months. For some reason or another, the Xbox Console Companion app appears whenever I try to look at the app in my browser, but the moment I...
  3. New login on a new console - xbox insiders

in XboX Insiders
    New login on a new console - xbox insiders: Hey guys As I've said before, an update of the xbox insiders ruined my console. Anyways, I bought a new one and I was wondering if you know if I login with my xbox account on the new console, will...
  4. Console won't play bluray discs nor purchased videos

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Console won't play bluray discs nor purchased videos: My consoles keeps giving me errors whenever I try playing bluray discs or any of my purchased videos. It says that my monitor (LG 32ud99) is not hdcp 2.2 compliant when it is. It also says right...
  5. I having a problem where my console is not updating when it on standby.

in XboX Insiders
    I having a problem where my console is not updating when it on standby.: I having a problem where my console is not updating when it on standby. Everything I turn it on next morning it prompted me to update my xbox series x where I have it on automatic updates and it...
  6. Xbox new wireless headset - confirmed bug (switches console off when headset is turned on)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox new wireless headset - confirmed bug (switches console off when headset is turned on): [IMG] submitted by /u/Cerveza87 [link] [comments]
  7. my xbox console hanged all of sudden and now won't turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox console hanged all of sudden and now won't turn on: Hi Guys, I was playing game and all of sudden console hanged. I restarted the console and now it won't turn on. Light is dim and goes to sleep after minutes. Controller lights are also blinking...
  8. Xbox |Console Companion streaming on Windows 10 is now very dark

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox |Console Companion streaming on Windows 10 is now very dark: I was using the Console Companion to stream to my laptop on the weekend of the 1st of April and everything was fine and looked they way it always has. I tried again this week and it is now very...
  9. Strange sound from the console xbox series x, this is normal?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Strange sound from the console xbox series x, this is normal?: Hello everyone! Xbox series x makes some kind of strange sound, this sound is heard if you put your ear near the fan, the attached sound was recorded tightly on the top of the console. This is...
  10. No network connection while console off.

in XboX Insiders
    No network connection while console off.: So I have my Xbox one setup for instant on. But when it’s not turned on, I can’t access it from other networked devices anymore, doesn’t let me remote play anymore. Also, every time I turn it on,...