Two Xbox Ones in same household. How to manage Xbox Live?

Discus and support Two Xbox Ones in same household. How to manage Xbox Live? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi. Me and my brother have shared an Xbox One since release day, we are purchasing a second one for me this weekend. We already have Xbox Live on his... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ashww, Nov 5, 2015.

1. ashww
    ashww Guest

Hi.

Me and my brother have shared an Xbox One since release day, we are purchasing a second one for me this weekend. We already have Xbox Live on his GamerTag, from now on Ill be playing on the new console, do i need to purchase Xbox Live? or can I still share
    his gold membership?

If we can share, can we both play in the same house at the same time?

Thanks In Advance Two Xbox Ones in same household. How to manage Xbox Live? :)

:)

ashww, Nov 5, 2015
  2. Xbox live on two xbox

Can i use one gold account for two xbox ones in the same household?

EliteSheep25263, Nov 5, 2015
  3. Two household Xbox ones and tips to manage games

you are correct about home console:

when you purchase with your account you can Play with your account anywhere and any Profile can Play on your homeconsole, though this is meant to enable your friends to Play on your specific xbox it would work the way you wish it to. BUT because you only
    purchase it once and use it on 2 profiles at the same time MS could consider this to be marketplace theft.

StefanNeubauer, Nov 5, 2015
  4. DOA B34ST
    DOA B34ST Guest

In order for you to each play online - you will need your own seperate xbox live accounts. In addition, you'll each need a copy of the game you wish to play or a digital license for each game on each xbox live account.

DOA B34ST, Nov 5, 2015
  5. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest
    The sharing feature (in use with the Home gamertag) is localized only. This means that if your brother had the Gold membership and was set as Home on the console and had you in his family you were able to share out the membership with no issues.

In order for you to play online on the new console you would either have to have your brother set the new console as his Home console or purchase a Gold membership of your own.

If the games were purchased on your brothers gamertag then setting his tag as Home on the new console will also allow you to access and play those games at the same time as he is playing.

onyxishere, Oct 31, 2018
  6. DOA B34ST Win User

In order for you to each play online - you will need your own seperate xbox live accounts. In addition, you'll each need a copy of the game you wish to play or a digital license for each game on each xbox live account.
  7. onyxishere Win User

The sharing feature (in use with the Home gamertag) is localized only. This means that if your brother had the Gold membership and was set as Home on the console and had you in his family you were able to share out the membership with no issues.

In order for you to play online on the new console you would either have to have your brother set the new console as his Home console or purchase a Gold membership of your own.

If the games were purchased on your brothers gamertag then setting his tag as Home on the new console will also allow you to access and play those games at the same time as he is playing.
  8. Smwutches Win User

Two Xbox's in the same household

You can't sign into 2 different Xbox Ones with the same console. You would each need your own account (if you don't have one already) and then you would each be able to sign into each console and play separate games.
  9. Bandido1508 Win User

Two Xbox's in the same household

You can share between two profiles, you have account A the primary account and account B the new account.

On the first console you have account A, and on the second console add account A make this the home xbox

https://beta.support.xbox.com/search?phrase=home%20xbox

Now add the second profile to that console and now the second account will have access to everything on the primary account to include the xbox gold membership. This way you can play on two separate accounts, even together in the same game.

There is one additional issue and that is having two xbox's on the same network but there is a solution for that.

https://portforward.com/portforward-two-xboxes/default.htm
  10. Darkhawk Ninja Win User

Two Xboxes within same household

Home Xbox is a fantastic feature to help make this happen, as Leslie mentioned. All content in your account (games, subscriptions, etc.) will be shared to both consoles. Just know that if there is any content (games, DLC, etc.) purchased on your son's account
    and not yours, only he will be able to access that content on the Xbox where he is signed in.

Does your son already have his own account? If not, check out this link to set up an account for him under your account: Add a new member
    to your family on Xbox One

Let us know if you have any questions!

Let me know if this solves your problem!
Thema:

1. Two Xbox Ones in same household. How to manage Xbox Live? - Similar Threads - Ones same household

2. Xbox Series X - Will there be a same thing like the Xbox One S and Xbox One X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X - Will there be a same thing like the Xbox One S and Xbox One X?: Will Microsoft release the Series X this 2020 holidays and then shortly after(1year) release a more powerful console? 711372b2-c5a6-4b35-99ae-c569e033157b
  3. Can playing on your Xbox 360 account affect the same account on Xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can playing on your Xbox 360 account affect the same account on Xbox one: I have both xbox 360 and xbox one, and was wondering if i started playing on my 360 account will it affect or change anything on the same account on my xbox one. d8f188bf-eba7-4ca5-a18d-f162f887e30a
  4. 1440p and 120hz won’t work at the same time for my Xbox one X when I purchased a monitor...

in XboX Insiders
    1440p and 120hz won’t work at the same time for my Xbox one X when I purchased a monitor...: So I recently found a post on this sub from someone claiming that the Samsung C27HG 70 will support 1440 P at 120 Hz on Xbox one x. I then ordered the monitor expecting it to work after reading...
  5. xbox one smartglass app and xbox one companion won't work on same Verizon WiFi

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox one smartglass app and xbox one companion won't work on same Verizon WiFi: I was trying to stream my xbox to my computer. I have windows 10 home. I then tried the xbox phone app and that wasn't working either. I have done all the diagnostic stuff. My xbox nat is open and...
  6. Why can I not see family members online status in the same household on a different xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can I not see family members online status in the same household on a different xbox one: I and unable to see a family members online status in the same household on a different xbox one but they can see my status 0c2cf75e-5bea-4b41-a7e9-ad7d3712c050
  7. Issues playing bc 360 games multiplayer on 2 XBox Ones in the same household

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Issues playing bc 360 games multiplayer on 2 XBox Ones in the same household: Okay, here's the skinny. We have two XBoxes in the same household. The Home XBox is my son's, so he can share all of the games that are on my XBox Live Gold account. We've been able to play all...
  8. Internet lag on PubG with multiple xbox one consoles in same household

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Internet lag on PubG with multiple xbox one consoles in same household: I have a situation with two xbox one's in the same household that play similar games, one of which is pubg. I understand it's not a finished game, fps drops like crazy, etc.. however, when...
  9. Digital Downloads over multiple XBOX Ones in the same household.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Digital Downloads over multiple XBOX Ones in the same household.: I am about to purchase 2 Xbox Ones, and purchased some very large Digital Downloads in excess of 50GB, these games will be access via 2 different EA Access accounts. Instead of doing a full 50GB...
  10. Can you play together in same household with one gold membership?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can you play together in same household with one gold membership?: I have one xboxone and one xbox360, on xboxone i pay for one gold membership, however, my friends account is also gold because of this. Would their account still be gold one the xbox360 and allow...