Two Xbox ones in the same house

Discus and support Two Xbox ones in the same house in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; i have searched and found different answers to this question and i am unsure what is correct i have 2 xbox ones in the same house Console 1 (mine) -... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Simon Rogers, Apr 8, 2018.

1. Simon Rogers
    Simon Rogers Guest

i have searched and found different answers to this question and i am unsure what is correct

i have 2 xbox ones in the same house

Console 1 (mine) - in the living room and is set as my home xbox

Console 2 (wife) - in the bedroom

problem we have is that the wife has her account on console 1 and can access multiplayer games fine, on Console 2 she signs in with her gamertag and she cant access multiplayer or any gold features.

do we have to purchase 2 xbox live services one for me and one for the wife or is there a way to share gold on both Xbox consoles so we can log into any of the consoles at any time?

thanks

si

:)

Simon Rogers, Apr 8, 2018
  2. Two Xbox Ones in same house with same gamertag?

Setup: 2 360s, 2 Ones

If I am hungry for achievements, I'll be logged into 1 360 and 1 One. They'll be sitting there simultaneously logged in at paused screens while I switch back and forth. However, you cannot sign into another 360 or One if you are already signed in - it'll
    kick you out.

brilliant joey, Apr 8, 2018
  3. Two Xbox Ones in same house with same gamertag?

At the moment I have two 360's in my home and just have my gamertag stored on a memory card and switch it between the two.

Can I put a second Xbox One in the bedroom and just set it up with the same gamertag info and have it download my digital games? And of course be using my same xbox live account? Thanks

SteveHargreaves, Apr 8, 2018
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

Gold can only be shared on 1 console at a time. If both of you would be going back and forth between the consoles, you may want to buy a second subscription. Otherwise, if you were to set console 2 as your Home console, your wife could share the gold there
    and you can still sign in and play on console 1.

Smwutches, Apr 8, 2018
  5. Aroze Argus
    Aroze Argus Guest
    Hello

If your account is set as home on her console then her account should receive the benefits of gold.

How ever while using your console only the account that has purchase the gold subscription will have access to gold features. (Online Play, Voice Communication, and Gold Deals)

Essentially the way Gold sharing works is any addition accounts on the home Xbox of the gold account will also receive benifits.

Aroze Argus, Apr 29, 2018
  6. That means that if I setup the home console in the bedroom, she won't be able to play anything that needs live if I'm playing in the living room?

Luiz F. Lucena, Nov 2, 2018
  7. Smwutches Win User

Gold can only be shared on 1 console at a time. If both of you would be going back and forth between the consoles, you may want to buy a second subscription. Otherwise, if you were to set console 2 as your Home console, your wife could share the gold there
    and you can still sign in and play on console 1.
  8. Luiz F. Lucena Win User

Hello

If your account is set as home on her console then her account should receive the benefits of gold.

How ever while using your console only the account that has purchase the gold subscription will have access to gold features. (Online Play, Voice Communication, and Gold Deals)

Essentially the way Gold sharing works is any addition accounts on the home Xbox of the gold account will also receive benifits.
    That means that if I setup the home console in the bedroom, she won't be able to play anything that needs live if I'm playing in the living room?
  9. Aroze Argus Win User

Hello

10. FearedNightmare Win User

Two Xbox One in same house and with same account?

This is possible but remember that you'll have to download everything twice then, an external harddrive might be a good investment in that case so you can just carry that from one Xbox to another or copy it over, unless you don't mind downloading a lot.

Also NAT type might be an issue but if you encounter any feel free to make a post in the connection forums and someone will gladly help you out
  11. VADHETTEHAN Win User

Two Xbox One in same house and with same account?

It's not any problem to download the content on both consoles.

I thought if i played a game on one console i will not be able to play it on the other console, or that i had to reinstall the game on the other console.

But i will buy another one :) thx for your help FearedNightmare!
Thema:

1. Two Xbox ones in the same house - Similar Threads - ones same house

2. Two Xbox ones in the same house 2020

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Two Xbox ones in the same house 2020: Two Xbox ones in the same house (chat problem) 2020 Never had any issues in our house (two xbox family) - sorry to hear of your issues. Other than the open NAT suggested above I have no idea...
  3. Xbox one S and Xbox one X in same house

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one S and Xbox one X in same house: can anyone tell me how I can have my account signed in to both our original Xbox One S AND the newer Xbox one X at the same time so my twins can play at the same time (different games) on...
  4. Sharing LIVE and Game on LAN inside same house on one account.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sharing LIVE and Game on LAN inside same house on one account.: I have checked a bunch of forum threads here, but can't find an answer to this. I bought a Xbox One X today, and my wife got my old Xbox One. LIVE and Game sharing doesen't work at all. Both...
  5. Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: 2 Xbox one consoles in same house

Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: 2 Xbox one consoles in same house: Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: 2 Xbox one consoles in same house Sounds like whatever it is the NAT is probably set to strict for each machine. Might want to look at the NAT...
  6. Arris: How can I setup a switch to get muli XBOX ONE's in the same house to play together

Arris: How can I setup a switch to get muli XBOX ONE's in the same house to play together: Arris (Modems/Gateways): How can I setup a switch to get muli XBOX ONE's in the same house to play together (Says Strict NAT) I have an **** 1682 with a Cisco 2702 (enterprise access point)...
  7. More than 1 XBox One in same house`

in XBoX on Consoles
    More than 1 XBox One in same house`: I have an Xbox One and an Xbox One S, both in the same house. I am disappointed that I can only share games I have purchased on my "Home" console with the rest of my family. Why can't this work...
  8. How can I play with someone else in the same house with 2 Xbox One's

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I play with someone else in the same house with 2 Xbox One's: Hey all, I have two different xbox one systems and me and my son want to play in the same game. We have no issues playing separate but when we invite or try to join the others game, the game...
  9. 2 Xbox One's in the same house

in XBoX on Consoles
    2 Xbox One's in the same house: Hi I have just received an XBox One X and I have moved my Xbox One (Original) into another room in the house for my children to use I've since discovered that I cannot login to both at the same...
  10. Download on one Xbox on the house same name while playing on another?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Download on one Xbox on the house same name while playing on another?: I want to download games I ownnonto my one s in my room not the game room but it takes so long can I do it while I play on the other one the main one is wired the one in my room is wireless....