Two Xboxes within same household

Discus and support Two Xboxes within same household in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey all :-) I have a question i would like to get clarified ... I curently have an Xbox One S that I share with my son I am speculating in... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Kimo LP, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Kimo LP
    Kimo LP Guest

Hey all Two Xboxes within same household :)

I have a question i would like to get clarified ...

I curently have an Xbox One S that I share with my son

I am speculating in purchasing an Xbox one X, so that my son and I can play together, or seperatly

Question is therefore, is it possible to have both Xboxes using the same Xbox live gold membership, so that my son can login on his own account, and enjoy the benefits of the Xbox live gold account we currently have ?!?! ...

Thx in advance Two Xboxes within same household :)

:)

Kimo LP, Mar 6, 2019
  2. Darkhawk Ninja Win User

Home Xbox is a fantastic feature to help make this happen, as Leslie mentioned. All content in your account (games, subscriptions, etc.) will be shared to both consoles. Just know that if there is any content (games, DLC, etc.) purchased on your son's account
    and not yours, only he will be able to access that content on the Xbox where he is signed in.

Does your son already have his own account? If not, check out this link to set up an account for him under your account: Add a new member
    to your family on Xbox One

Let us know if you have any questions!

Let me know if this solves your problem!
  3. Nixelplex Win User

This is the setup I have for my household and it works just fine.

1. My kids have their own accounts that are tied to my Family

2. The Xbox in the Living room is setup with all of our profiles and is setup as my Home Xbox.

3. The Xbox in the Den just has my profile on it.

When I purchase digital games I use my Account, This will allow the kids to have access to the digital library on the Home Xbox in the living room. They can play these games and use the Online features from my Xbox Live Gold account on the Home Xbox without
    me needing to sign in.

I can then log into my Xbox in the Den. I can also Play my games and get online at the same time. We are also able to play the same games at the same time. We do this a lot with Star wars Battlefront and Plants Vs. Zombies Garden warfare 2. This only
    works with Digital Purchases, if you buy a physical Copy then you will need to buy multiple copies of the game.

This setup only works with 2 Xboxs and is designed to be used only in the same household. We have a 3rd Xbox in the house, but there isn't a way for all 3 to be used at the same time with a Single Gold account.

I hope that helped.
  4. MikeFromXbox Win User

My Mistake. I saw an error in my answer. Recent post was deleted.
  5. XBF Leslie D Win User

Hi Kimo,

Thanks for reaching out to us today. In regards to your question, the answer is Yes it is possible for you and your son to use the same Xbox Live membership with different accounts.

This feature available is called the
    'Home Xbox'
    . The console designated as your home Xbox is where you can share games and some content with others who sign in (with their own account) to that console with you.

If your account is the main account holder of the Xbox live Gold subscription and majority of the games you could set up your account as the home Xbox on the console your son will be using.
  6. VLG KIZA Win User

Xbox live is linked to your accounts. You can both link your accounts on your new console. You can only be logged on one console at a time. So remeber to turn your console off before you switch over.
Thema:

1. Two Xboxes within same household - Similar Threads - Xboxes within same

2. XBOX Pass for PC - Multiple Games Crash to Desktop within Minutes of Launching

in XBoX on Windows
    XBOX Pass for PC - Multiple Games Crash to Desktop within Minutes of Launching: So last month I got a new computer (Specs at bottom of post) and while trying to run certain games I find that they crash to desktop without any error prompts within fifteen minutes of launching...
  3. Xbox Achievements for Evil Within 2 are broken

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Achievements for Evil Within 2 are broken: What am I supposed to do? I've put tickets in with Bethesda, I've deleted the save and started over, I've deleted my account and recovered it, I deleted and reinstalled the game, I've deleted all...
  4. Xbox One S performs terribly in games within its supposed range

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S performs terribly in games within its supposed range: Well guys, this one's a doozy. After firing up my new console for the first time, (it was used, but there was no visible hardware damage) I decided to download one of my favorite games, FH4....
  5. Xbox One Dev Mode is broken after it was last updated. Apps installed within it will fail...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One Dev Mode is broken after it was last updated. Apps installed within it will fail...: First of all, I'm using Retail Stable firmware everything untouched (save for using Dev Mode). The problem that I have specifically is that after installing ANY app in Dev Mode, then rebooting...
  6. Game crash the evil within 2 (digital download ) xbox one S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game crash the evil within 2 (digital download ) xbox one S: Hello all. So I have the above game I purchased about 2 months ago and had a small game save. Fancied a game this afternoon and it goes through the loading screens. Then it just pops back to xbox...
  7. Cannot redeem xbox 360 games with gold from online store within a browser, Xbox One or Xbox...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot redeem xbox 360 games with gold from online store within a browser, Xbox One or Xbox...: Soooo I'm having this problem from quite some time.... I'm not able to redeem the Xbox 360 games with gold from the browser or the xbox one console or the xbox app. I've tried both Chrome browser...
  8. Xbox console streaming was supposed to be for everyone within the us and uk, and i am in...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox console streaming was supposed to be for everyone within the us and uk, and i am in...: [IMG] submitted by /u/TotalyNotMari [link] [comments]
  9. rage 2 on xbox one x freezing within 20 seconds only in game play if attached to internet

in XBoX Games and Apps
    rage 2 on xbox one x freezing within 20 seconds only in game play if attached to internet: Hi Have problems with Rage 2 freezing ever time within 10 to 20 seconds of the start of game play. This only happens if connected to internet Works fine if i unplug internet. I have just added a...
  10. Xbox one turns off within seconds of turning it on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one turns off within seconds of turning it on.: Our Xbox one recently started faulting. When you turn it on you hear the hard drive spin up but within seconds it turns straight back off again. Power supply light is working normal. I read...