UHD Blu-Ray with Dolby Vision on Xbox One X

Discus and support UHD Blu-Ray with Dolby Vision on Xbox One X in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I want a second 4K Blu-Ray player who can do the job. The PQ doesn't have to be like my Oppo, but I need at least Dolby Vision for my collection.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Vincetd, Oct 23, 2020.

1. Vincetd
    Vincetd Guest

Hi,

I want a second 4K Blu-Ray player who can do the job. The PQ doesn't have to be like my Oppo, but I need at least Dolby Vision for my collection. I'm curious about the Xbox One X (the Series X will be hard to find for the next months).

As of today, can it play UHD Blu-Ray with DV (not just Netflix), and if not, will it be added via firmware before the end of the year?

:)

Vincetd, Oct 23, 2020
  2. Deus ex Mox Win User

Dolby Vision - Blu-ray player app

Of course the Blu-Ray disks I'm using are UHD and have Dolby Vision.

Dolby Vision is enabled on Xbox One X settings, TV HDMI ports are in Enhanced mode (4:4:4 4K/UHD HDR 60Hz), and the TV test (that can be found inside Xbox menu) returns all green ticks for my Xbox-to-TV connection.

As said, Dolby Vision works with all streaming apps... but not when playing Blu-Ray UHD Dolby Vision disks.
  3. BUSA1963 Win User

Dolby vision in the Netflix app

I have an LG oled c7 and watch netflix trough webOs .

By doing it this way you should get Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos.

Microsoft will roll out an sofware update for netflix Dolby Vision shortly.

For the moment Dolby Vision is not supported on the Netflix app via Xbox.

I hope they also update the blu ray player shortly because there is much more content available on 4k uhd blu ray.
  4. Viper7Gamer Win User

XBOX ONE X used as a Blu Ray player band Dolby Vision

Yes, 4K HDR Dolby Vision works with the Blu-Ray player and NetFlix on the Xbox One X.
  5. Slder9150 Win User

XBOX ONE X used as a Blu Ray player band Dolby Vision

Thanks for the quick reply. Can you tell me if support for 4K HDR Dolby Vision for the Blu Ray player is a recent firmware update? The reason I ask is that all the info and reviews I have read say that the Blu Ray player only supports 4K UHD and not 4K
    HDR Dolby Vision. Thanks again.
  6. Deus ex Mox Win User

Dolby Vision - Blu-ray player app

I got a response from Customer Service: no support for Dolby Vision on Blu-ray app on Xbox One X at the moment (not even on Xbox Series X).

They said they are working on that, since a lot of people made complaints about this issue. I hope it's true, it's ridiculous to not support Dolby Vision nowadays on a device that has been promoted as a valid Blu-ray player.
Thema:

1. UHD Blu-Ray with Dolby Vision on Xbox One X - Similar Threads - UHD Blu Ray

2. Xbox Blu-ray Player app no longer plays 4K/UHD discs

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Blu-ray Player app no longer plays 4K/UHD discs: My Xbox One X played 4K/UHD discs without issue until recently. Now it will not play those discs at all (error code 0x91d70001). Regular blu ray discs still play. I have already tried all the...
  3. UHD Blu Rays cannot read on Xbox Series X actually

in XBoX Games and Apps
    UHD Blu Rays cannot read on Xbox Series X actually: Hi there, Today I wanted to play a UHD again and unfortunately the Blu Ray app tells me that none of my UHDs can be read anymore. About 2 weeks ago I inserted a UHD for the last time and there...
  4. 4K UHD Blu Ray Pixelated artifacting with xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    4K UHD Blu Ray Pixelated artifacting with xbox series x: Hey, i have never watched a 4k bluray in my life, but thought i would test out my 4k dolby atmos set up with The Lord of the rings 4k uhd blu ray. Its impossible to watch with artefacting and...
  5. Black screen playing UHD 4K blu ray

in XBoX on Consoles
    Black screen playing UHD 4K blu ray: I constantly get a black screen while playing UHD blu ray discs. I have uninstalled the blu ray app and reinstalled and have tried restarting the console but still no luck. I may get to watch the...
  6. Audio Issue with LotR 4K UHD Blu-Rays (Dolby Atmos)

in XboX Insiders
    Audio Issue with LotR 4K UHD Blu-Rays (Dolby Atmos): Is anyone else currently experiencing Dolby Atmos issues with the Lord of the Rings 4K Blu-Ray disc set? Specifically, with this trilogy, the Dolby Atmos on my AV receiver appears to have issues...
  7. Xbox Series X Dolby Vision support for UHD Blu Ray Disks

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Dolby Vision support for UHD Blu Ray Disks: It is known now that Xbox Series X does not support Dolby Vision for UHD Blu Ray. My question is: Will a software/firmware update be able to fix this at a later date or does the built in drive not...
  8. Xbox Series X, mechanical noise when playing UHD Blu-Ray

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X, mechanical noise when playing UHD Blu-Ray: Just got my new Xbox Series X today, but there is an issue: when I place the console vertically, I inserted a UHD Blu-Ray Disc for playback. The video playback is OK but the optical drive on Xbox...
  9. Still no Dolby Vision for UHD Blu-Rays?

in XboX Insiders
    Still no Dolby Vision for UHD Blu-Rays?: Hi, Still no Dolby Vision for UHD Blu-Rays? for ONE X/S ? submitted by /u/darekpro [link] [comments]
  10. Can the base xbox one still play a 4k uhd blu-ray disc(it doesn't have to give a 4k output,...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can the base xbox one still play a 4k uhd blu-ray disc(it doesn't have to give a 4k output,...: So can it still just run the disc and show the movie, albeit not at 4k resolution? 8da69feb-6c41-414e-ad5d-1a321ff1e675