Unable to activate Dolby Atmos or DTS:X

Discus and support Unable to activate Dolby Atmos or DTS:X in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have a NAD T758 V3 receiver and the XBox-1X will not allow me to enable Dolby Atmos or DTS:X. I get an error message that "Your audio receiver must... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by UPgrydd, Feb 23, 2021 at 2:32 AM.

1. UPgrydd
    UPgrydd Guest

I have a NAD T758 V3 receiver and the XBox-1X will not allow me to enable Dolby Atmos or DTS:X.

I get an error message that "Your audio receiver must support Dolby Atmos for home theater to use this setting". Even when I use the Dolby Access app it gives me the same error. The receiver is definitely Dolby Atmos capable and is working fine with other devices. There are no pending S/W upgrades for the XBox or NAD receiver. Was hoping to use this as my physical media player downstairs but I can't seem to get it to work with my home theater receiver. Am I missing something?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Settings are:
    XBOX HDMI Audio - Bit Stream Out
    XBOX Optical Audio Off
    NAD receiver is set for HDMI audio input

:)

2. Morrriden Win User

Blu Ray Bitstream Passthrough faulty

I have bitstream out turned on on my setup and I all can get is plain DTS or plain Dolby digital. No True DD or master DTS or Dolby Atmos. Is the Dolby atmos supposed to be working for everyone now?
  3. LEE DIO Win User

To Microsoft on ideas for Xbox: Project Scorpio:)

i think you guys must add on xbox scorpio , 4k hdr bluray player, dolby atmos, dts x, sound
  4. bolshoishalopai Win User

Xbox One X Dolby Atmos not working

My Xbox One X is connected to my receiver. When I try to setup Atmos in the audio settings Xbox One X says that my receiver, Denon AVR-4300H, does not have Atmos capability. I am only allowed to choose DTS for the bitstream sound output. Atmos works fine
    with my Samsung 4K player so I know it is an Xbox One X issue.

The Dolby App does not give any error until I try to view the demo videos where it flashes, "you are not viewing this video on Dolby Atmos." It plays the demo video on DTS instead.
    ***UPDATE***

I finally got Dolby Atmos to work!!! Under "Settings, Display & Sound, Volume, Setup TV & AV Control, Audio" I had to change the default "Stereo" setting to "Surround Sound." The Xbox One X had to reboot to accept/change the setting. Once it rebooted Dolby
    Atmos was working. It is interesting that the main control will be under the volume settings instead of audio output. You would think the system will be smart enough to activate surround sound when you are choosing Dolby Atmos to bitstream.

Hopefully this "difficult to find" change of setting will work for others who are having Dolby Atmos issues.
  5. bolshoishalopai Win User

Xbox One X Dolby Atmos not working

My Xbox One X is connected to my receiver. When I try to setup Atmos in the audio settings Xbox One X says that my receiver, Denon AVR-4300H, does not have Atmos capability. I am only allowed to choose DTS for the bitstream sound output. Atmos works fine
    with my Samsung 4K player so I know it is an Xbox One X issue.

The Dolby App does not give any error until I try to view the demo videos where it flashes, "you are not viewing this video on Dolby Atmos." It plays the demo video on DTS instead.
  6. HuskySuperdad Win User

no dolby atmos sound,

nope, didn't work.

Dolby digital and DTS both work but not Atmos.
Thema:

1. Unable to activate Dolby Atmos or DTS:X - Similar Threads - Unable activate Dolby

2. Unable to activate the free 1-month Xbox Game Pass on my Legion 5Pi

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Unable to activate the free 1-month Xbox Game Pass on my Legion 5Pi: [img] I recently purchased a Lenovo Legion 5Pi that comes with 1 month of free Xbox Game Pass access. But I'm unable to activate it from Windows Store's "Included with device" section....
  3. Screenshots captured on Xbox One unable to be uploaded to Xbox Live or shared to activity feed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Screenshots captured on Xbox One unable to be uploaded to Xbox Live or shared to activity feed: This has been a problem for me for the past few days, and it is annoying me greatly. When I take a screenshot while playing a game, it uploads to Xbox Live perfectly fine, but once I check my...
  4. Xbox Game Clips are unable to be seen in my activity feed by my friends

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Clips are unable to be seen in my activity feed by my friends: So i’ve been taking clips for quite some time now and have just realized that none of them are able to be seen in my activity feed. When my friends go to my account they can see people i’ve added...
  5. Argos - unable to activate XBox Live Gold 12-month subscription cards

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Argos - unable to activate XBox Live Gold 12-month subscription cards: Argos is a major retailer in the UK In 2 stores I have been unable to purchase an Xbox Live 12 month subscription card because they "cannot activate them". The stores in question are in Central...
  6. Impossible d'activer Teredo [Translation - Unable to activate Teredo]

in XBoX on Windows
    Impossible d'activer Teredo [Translation - Unable to activate Teredo]: Bonjour, J'ai actuellement des problèmes pour me connecter aux serveurs de Forza Horizon 4 sur Windows 10. En cherchant d'ou venait le problème dans les paramètres Xbox, j'ai vu que le type de...
  7. Unable to activate xbox gift card

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to activate xbox gift card: Hello there, I bought a digital xbox gift card in an online store yesterday. But when I try to activate code, there is always same mistake: Contact Microsoft Support Could not process your...
  8. Unable to Access Xbox Ambassador Activities

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to Access Xbox Ambassador Activities: Hello, I have been an Xbox Ambassador since April 6, 2018 and I can't access the activity links in order to level up my account. I have contacted Xbox Support and they told me to make a post on...
  9. xbox home console doesn't activate. "Unable to save your changes, try again later"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox home console doesn't activate. "Unable to save your changes, try again later": When I try to make my xbox a home xbox for an account, a message pops up saying "unable to save your changes, try a bit later". i have 3 of 5 times left and i know it cant be an issue, i did all...
  10. Unable to activate Dolby Atmos for Home Theater when Turtle Beach Elite 800x headphones are ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to activate Dolby Atmos for Home Theater when Turtle Beach Elite 800x headphones are ...: Hi, I'm experiencing this issue: I've my Xbox One X connected via HDMI to my Denon X1400H receiver and my Turtle Beach Elite 800x headset connected via USB to the console and via optical cable to...