Unable to change gamertag

Discus and support Unable to change gamertag in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello, I wanted to change my gamertag, but it won't let me with the one I like. I want it to be what my display name is, . Thing is, I get an error... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by SLCE_grizzly65, Apr 21, 2019.

1. Unable to change gamertag

Hello, I wanted to change my gamertag, but it won't let me with the one I like. I want it to be what my display name is, . Thing is, I get an error everytime. Any issues with the services? Can there not be underlines in gamertags?

:)

SLCE_grizzly65, Apr 21, 2019
  2. XGN Corrupt Win User

Change gametag

Unfortunately no, the changing of the gamertag is universal for Xbox games to the profile. If you're unable to change the gamertag due to a time restriction then you'll be unable to have a different display in the games you play.
  3. angeezy Win User

Free Gamer Tag Change

You are entitled to a free change if the gamertag you are using is one of the generated/suggested gamertags that they make for you.

If you made your own gamertag, then unfortunately you are unable to change it for free.
  4. Mister Cazador Win User

An alternate browser with another computer worked.

Thank you very much. Appreciate it.
    We're glad to hear that helped. Please let us know if you have any other Xbox questions :)
  5. CrAzYbullet966 Win User

An alternate browser with another computer worked.

Thank you very much. Appreciate it.
  6. Mister Cazador Win User

Hi there.

In addition to what gds1972 suggested, please try
    removing your profile
    (please ensure you remember your account email and password before doing this step),

power cycling
    your Xbox One console and router/modem and then signing back in. Did that solve the issue?
Thema:

1. Unable to change gamertag - Similar Threads - Unable change gamertag

2. Unable To Complete Gamertag Change

in XBoX on Mobile
    Unable To Complete Gamertag Change: Just wondering if there is currently an issue with changing gamertags- I'm talking about the first free gamertag change, after signing up for an Xbox account. I just set up a Microsoft account to...
  3. Unable to change gamertag

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to change gamertag: Hi, I'm just trying to use my credit card to pay 10 dollars for a gamertag change but I keep getting this errors 'Contact us at Microsoft. We’re having trouble processing your payment.' 'We’re...
  4. Unable to change gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to change gamertag: Hi all, I would like to change my gamertag, but I am not able to pay, because I don't have a creditcard. Unfortunately, this is the only available payment method, but not one that is common where...
  5. Unable to change gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to change gamertag: When I try to change gamertag i get redirected to: Sign in to your Microsoft account, and when i get to the part about adding paymentoption, i can only choose province/state from the US, problem...
  6. Post gamertag change account troubles. Unable to redownload profile back onto 360 console.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Post gamertag change account troubles. Unable to redownload profile back onto 360 console.: Okay, here's the shortest way possible that I can explain. Soon after changing my gamertag I attempted to login into my 360 to play some of those great games that aren't currently backwards...
  7. Unable to purchase GamerTag change

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to purchase GamerTag change: Hi, I'm attempting to purchase a change to my GamerTag. Although I have Credit Cards attached to my account they don't show up in the credit card list. I'm located in Canada. When I attempt...
  8. Unable to change gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to change gamertag: I created my account 7 years ago online, but didn't have an Xbox 360 at the time, and wasn't aware that you could change your gamertag for free for the first time. I just now learned that there is...
  9. Unable to Change Gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to Change Gamertag: Hi all, Seem to be unable to change my Gamertag. Tried on both PC and my Xbox. Got the below error code but it is not in the help area: 1df89734-e340-42bf-bb98-26a560edec0c Please let me know...
  10. Unable to change Gamertag!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to change Gamertag!: Greetings all, I have an issue when trying to change my gamertag to a specific name. I've been experiencing this same problem for quite awhile now, meeting no resolution. I was hoping someone may...