Unable to change install location

Discus and support Unable to change install location in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; So I’ve tried to change the new game installation destination through settings > general > destination, however it will not allow me to select my... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Kid_Is_Dirty, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Unable to change install location

So I’ve tried to change the new game installation destination through settings > general > destination, however it will not allow me to select my Secondary (D) drive. It gives me an option to change where my games are installed (through the windows 10 settings), but if I change that from C to D, it gives me a warning that all other data on the drive will be erased. I have over 200GB of games and saved data on my D drive and absolutely do not want to wipe it. But I don’t have enough room for any games on my C drive as it’s mostly for my OS. Anyone else have this problem, or a solution?! I got so angry trying to fix it I already uninstalled Xbox Beta....

submitted by /u/Kid_Is_Dirty
    [link] [comments]

/u/Kid_Is_Dirty, Jan 12, 2020
  2. Mister Ohnaka Win User

Unable to change location of account.

Hi MC,

Glad to hear it's moving in the right direction.

There's no harm is leaving the thread open. Let us know how things work out, or if you have anymore questions.
  3. crazdsniper Win User

it could be this>•You changed regions within the last three months.
  4. MCZ Shin Gouki Win User

I'm back, so I received an email on the 31st stating that I cannot migrate because I successfully migrated on 10/22/2013 to Canada... Which I said happened during the phone call and the person on the other end said they would take a note of this strange
    occurrence because I did not try to change to Canada. Another funny thing is it isn't even migrated to Canada, it still say's United Kingdom.
  5. MCZ Shin Gouki Win User

I have contacted Xbox phone support and have been given a 2 week deadline from when I will receive an email. Funny thing is, while on the telephone to phone support I received an email stating that my migration from the United States to Canada was successful,
    I and the other person on the telephone found this rather amusing as I have not tried to change my region to Canada, I was trying to change it to the United States. This question, sadly is still not answered... But there is no need keeping this open for 2
    weeks to find out the final verdict of my issue, thank you Hassassinade for the insight and Mister Ohnaka for the conformation of acquired action needed. If I still require assistance after the 2 week waiting period, I will create another ticket within the
    forums.

Thank you.

- Gouki.
  6. MisterFizzle Win User

Hey Shin Gouki,

I'm sorry to hear you're still having an issue with your migration.

If you haven't already, I would definitely get back in touch with the team that sent you the e-mail and explain the situation. That team will be best equipped moving forward to work with you on getting things sorted out.
Thema:

Unable to change install location

1. Unable to change install location - Similar Threads - Unable change install

2. Unable to change gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to change gamertag: I have run into an issue when trying to change my gamertag on social.xbox.com/changegamertag . Pressing the "Check availability" button worked correctly the first many times I checked the...
  3. Xbox GamerTag Change - unable to proceed

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox GamerTag Change - unable to proceed: This morning, my gamertag was "" tried to change it to "gerbil" but was given "Gerbil#5470" To make the long story short, I can't even change it without paying the $9.99 fee. I have decided to...
  4. Unable to Change Billing Region/Country when Subscribing for Xbox Pass on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to Change Billing Region/Country when Subscribing for Xbox Pass on PC: As title said, so I've downloaded the Xbox (Beta) App for Windows 10, I wanted to subscribe to the Xbox Pass, when I reach Billing Info Address, I'm unable to choose my Billing Region/Country....
  5. For some reason I am unable to change my parental controls?

in XBoX on Windows
    For some reason I am unable to change my parental controls?: I have been trying to play minecraft crossplay on windows 10 edition for a while and I have finally set up the game. But I can't join his world as my privacy settings prevent me from doing this....
  6. Unable to change Privacy & online safety settings

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to change Privacy & online safety settings: I'm having troubles changing my Privacy & online safety settings, every time I hit the submit button, a pop-up would appear that says "An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later." It's...
  7. Unable To Complete Gamertag Change

in XBoX on Mobile
    Unable To Complete Gamertag Change: Just wondering if there is currently an issue with changing gamertags- I'm talking about the first free gamertag change, after signing up for an Xbox account. I just set up a Microsoft account to...
  8. 'Unable to save changes' home xbox issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    'Unable to save changes' home xbox issue: I wanted to gameshare my account on my friend's xbox and so he could play with me, but when he hit 'my home xbox' and 'set this console as home xbox' it says that it is Unable to save changes....
  9. Xbox home unable to save changes

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox home unable to save changes: Hello. I have tried setting my friends account as my home xbox on my console, so we can both share his gold membership. But every time click the button "make this my home xbox" it shows me the...
  10. Unable to login to Xbox app or Xbox game bar on Windows 10 after changing my Microsoft...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to login to Xbox app or Xbox game bar on Windows 10 after changing my Microsoft...: I click "Sign In" and the Xbox windows flashes for a second and goes away. I have tried signing in with the Xbox app and it looks like it signs me in but I cannot see my friends list of games I...