Unable to change settings for my account

Discus and support Unable to change settings for my account in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Every time I go to "My Account" on the site it just goes to the "Uh oh that shouldn't have happened" screen. I wouldn't be bothered normally, but it's... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ghost10151, May 9, 2014.

1. Ghost10151
    Ghost10151 Guest

Every time I go to "My Account" on the site it just goes to the "Uh oh that shouldn't have happened" screen. I wouldn't be bothered normally, but it's been a year and my security requirements for going on another xbox or logging
    in are way too harsh. I have to get an email and a text before I can continue and it's just a hassle.

:)

Ghost10151, May 9, 2014
  2. -|Silver|-
    -|Silver|- Guest
    unable to change account settings

Today I tried to change my privacy settings, but I get this account isn’t connected to parents account or something like that... really wtf... I’m 21 and in 23days I’m 22... And I need parents approval wtf is this.. last year when I changed my settings everything
    was fine but now I get this .....

So how can I get this problem fix?? Can anyone help me in this problem??

also I have another problem which isn't related to this problem, but I have problem with language at live.xbox.com I have language settings changed to english UK, but I get finnish. Is this somekind bug or what?

-|Silver|-, May 9, 2014
  3. unable to change account settings

Hey there Silver! If you created your account before you were 18, then you are on a Child Account. Even though you are over 18 now, you'd need to promote your account to an adult. First you'd need to have the Parent Account approve the Terms though, and
    then you will be able to update your account. Let us know if you have any trouble with this, thanks!

Mister Gwyther, May 9, 2014
  4. Unable to change settings for my account

Hello Ghost10151,

I apologies for the frustration this may be causing. If you are getting that error when trying to login and mange your account, please try a different browser. Sometimes clearing your Temp. Folder for internet Explore can help and or any other browser you
    may be using. unfortunately, for security reason Microsoft has Security Proofs added to all accounts to make it more secure. If you continue to get asked for a Code please enter the code and check the box that gives you the option to save this computer on
    the list to prevent it from asking you. Also, you can manage your proofs at:
    account.live.com/.../Manage
    If you still continue to have problems after trying a different browser and or clearing the Temp. Folder. Please let us know.

Thank you!

XBLVIP TOPDOG

Alliance United, May 10, 2014
  5. Alliance United Win User

Hello Ghost10151,

I apologies for the frustration this may be causing. If you are getting that error when trying to login and mange your account, please try a different browser. Sometimes clearing your Temp. Folder for internet Explore can help and or any other browser you
    may be using. unfortunately, for security reason Microsoft has Security Proofs added to all accounts to make it more secure. If you continue to get asked for a Code please enter the code and check the box that gives you the option to save this computer on
    the list to prevent it from asking you. Also, you can manage your proofs at:
    account.live.com/.../Manage
    If you still continue to have problems after trying a different browser and or clearing the Temp. Folder. Please let us know.

Thank you!

XBLVIP TOPDOG
  6. Mister Ohnaka Win User

Hey Silver. I would go to account.live.com and verify that your age is correct.

As for the language, check the
    Region change support page
    , and make sure your region settings are correct.

Let us know if you need any more help!
  7. Mister Gwyther Win User

Hey again! I understand that you may have had access to other features or settings, but this Terms of Use prompt must be accepted by the Parent Account if you are on a Child Account; there is no way to get around this. I'm sorry for the extra work, but the
    Parent Account needs to sign in to accept the new Terms. Please let us know if you have any trouble with that, thanks!
  8. -|Silver|- Win User

~half year ago I was able to change my privacy settings..
  9. -|Silver|- Win User

I confirmed my age at account.live.com Birth date: March 22, 1991

I got some kind "Updated Terms of Use" and I accepted and after that I entered my e-mail and password and got:

Parental Approval Required

That's not the parent associated with your account. The parent listed on your account will need to sign in with their Microsoft account email.

Is here some kind bug in this or what?
Thema:

1. Unable to change settings for my account - Similar Threads - Unable change settings

2. Unable to change Privacy & online safety settings

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to change Privacy & online safety settings: I'm having troubles changing my Privacy & online safety settings, every time I hit the submit button, a pop-up would appear that says "An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later." It's...
  3. Unable to save change while set my home xbox ....still issue unknown

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to save change while set my home xbox ....still issue unknown: I tried all way inserted in community but still unable save my account as my home xbox ...any solution cc10dc8e-2e60-4b3e-b4c6-3962882634b1
  4. Xbox one party connect and club posts- unable to change privacy settings

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one party connect and club posts- unable to change privacy settings: so today i have been unable to create or join parties without it just showing connecting and then get this error code 0x8009001cc. Thats with friends, i go to blackops club to check posts and...
  5. unable to change privacy setting

in XBoX on Mobile
    unable to change privacy setting: hello i am having a problem involving privacy settings. i am unable to change them despite the fact that my account is standalone(no parent account hooked up) when i message my friend, it tells...
  6. Unable the change privacy settings on Xbox.com

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable the change privacy settings on Xbox.com: I would like to make a realm so my friends and I can play together. When I found the setting to change on Xbox.com it said "an unexpected error occurred" it seems to me that I'm not the first to...
  7. I am physically unable to change my privacy settings.

in XBoX on Windows
    I am physically unable to change my privacy settings.: A while back ago I was unable to do anything related to xbox - (add friends, join multiplayer games, etc) and I checked my settings to find that 1) almost every setting was turned to block and 2)...
  8. Anyone unable to change their privacy settings for broadcasting games on Mixer/Twitch?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Anyone unable to change their privacy settings for broadcasting games on Mixer/Twitch?: I'm having an issue where I can't change my broadcast gameplay setting to allow. When I refresh the page, it changes back to block. Strangely, on my console itself, it is set to allow and I can...
  9. Unable to save changes, setting account to home xbox issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to save changes, setting account to home xbox issue: I have 4 switches left on my home xbox and when I was switching to a mates xbox it said it was "unable to save changes". we thought it was an issue with the console till I tested it on another...
  10. Unable to change Privacy settings

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to change Privacy settings: [img] Every time i try to access my privacy settings I get this, I've talked to Live chat and I got in contact with Xbox Support on Twitter and they believe it's my router... can't be. Has...