Unable to chat, whisper, join, or send invites in Phantasy Star Online 2 (PC)

Discus and support Unable to chat, whisper, join, or send invites in Phantasy Star Online 2 (PC) in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello, I am confident I know what the problem is from digging through various forums, but...my account isn't showing the necessary settings under... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Ndolger, Jun 1, 2020.

1. Ndolger
    Ndolger Guest

Hello, I am confident I know what the problem is from digging through various forums, but...my account isn't showing the necessary settings under xbox.com/privacy . I made a reddit post sharing the same problem with images here: https://www.reddit.com/r/PSO2/comments/gu8bqg/unable_to_chat_whisper_join_or_send_invites/ .

The gist:

- The game's internal communication systems seem to be tied into Microsoft's Xbox account settings. called "Others can communicate with voice, text, or invites". But I do not have this setting. I only see two options under Privacy. Am I looking in the wrong
    place?

- Here's what I see: https://i.redd.it/dec070fge6251.jpg

- Here's what I'm supposed to see: https://preview.redd.it/ka9chef8fj1...bp&s=1947ac9892142d9a761f3ccc7ffff388f601080a

Impact:

- I cannot type, voice chat, or send invites to the game PSO2. This is an MMORPG, you kind of need to do these things to have a good time. I'm not having a good time.

My environment:

- I've tested this on two Windows 10 PCs. I do not own an Xbox. I just made the account based off an old hotmail email I had.

My guess:

- Maybe Xbox account things I'm a "child"?? I found some forums / questions saying that if you're marked as a child account you won't see these settings? How can I tell this?

Thank you in advance for any help, if I can't get a resolution to this, I..I don't think I can play the game at all....

:)

Ndolger, Jun 1, 2020
  2. Ndolger Win User

For what it's worth, here seems to be the most up to date thread on this issue, it's been a problem for awhile it looks like and it's hitting more people: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...g/dd50a099-35c8-4a5a-84ff-995a04fb8919?page=1

I don't see any resolution yet other than to directly get someone from microsoft support to manually enable the settings...I will try that. For anyone having this issue, I assume this is the best place to contact: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus/
    or xbox.com/help
  3. BiOHAZARD 901 Win User

Golden Days?

I'd say..

Ps2 FFXI

-

Dreamcast, Unreal Tournament, Phantasy Star Online ver 1 and 2

-

Xbox - Unreal Championship, Soldier of fortune, and again Phantasy Star Online.
  4. Photonimus Win User
  5. ImSoBeautEVIL Win User

XBOX ONE new game wishlist

Phantasy Star Online 2 ...or Alan Wake 2. :)
  6. Emo Goggles Win User

What games will you be playing into 2020 ?

ready for Phantasy star universe online 2 and the new halo.
Thema:

1. Unable to chat, whisper, join, or send invites in Phantasy Star Online 2 (PC) - Similar Threads - Unable chat whisper

2. Unable to download GP games on laptop despite three chat sessions. Callback option keeps...

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to download GP games on laptop despite three chat sessions. Callback option keeps...: Hi I have been unable to download any games from Gamespass on my laptop. My PC on the same account and router is fine. I have had three chat sessions which have been unable tor resolve the issue...
  3. Skip Ahead Alpha - Unable to reply to chats

in XboX Insiders
    Skip Ahead Alpha - Unable to reply to chats: I'm unable to respond to chats from the Xbox guide When I navigate to a chat window rather than the focus going to "reply" it reverts to the bottom most guide pane and any attempt to shift the...
  4. unable to chat after ban

in XBoX on Windows
    unable to chat after ban: I was banned for a day from chatting and after multiple days I still cannot chat in games, however I can to friends in the xbox app. When Im on minecraft it says I cannot chat because of how my...
  5. Unable to see game chat and type in chat

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to see game chat and type in chat: Hello! I really don't understand what happened I have been able to see game chat and type in chat but now it's an issue and I really don't understand what to do. I saw the Microsoft message that...
  6. Unable to adjust chat mixer to hear audio/game sound on mic

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to adjust chat mixer to hear audio/game sound on mic: Recently, out of nowhere my microphone decided it was done picking up game sound. I can still chat and hear friends. Naturally i figured it was because my mic was broken..nope. Then, I figured it...
  7. Xbox series X - party/game chat. Game volume is deafening and unable to hear friends. Can't...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X - party/game chat. Game volume is deafening and unable to hear friends. Can't...: Hi everyone, My game chat is so loud in my headset, that I can't hear the people in my party chat. I have an xbox headset adaptor where you can turn game volume down and chat volume up but it...
  8. Party Chat - Muted when I join (sometimes friends unable to unmute.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Party Chat - Muted when I join (sometimes friends unable to unmute.: For the past three days whenever I joined a party my friends said I was muted and they had issues unmuting me. Other times I am talking, then someone else joins and my audio cuts out and its says...
  9. Xbox App - Social Chat Unable to See or Accept New Message Requests

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox App - Social Chat Unable to See or Accept New Message Requests: The new app (Version 2009.1014.1912) was pushed to my phone recently, and one of the main features I use, is the keyboard on my phone to chat with folks who message me in online multiplayer games....
  10. Unable to use party chat error code 0x8923103d

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to use party chat error code 0x8923103d: I am unable to accept chat invites, or start a party chat. When I attempt to create a party chat I am met with a notification saying something went wrong then the error code 0x8923103d. I have...