Unable to close tabs or select anything in the tabs / URL bars in the new Microsoft Edge...

Discus and support Unable to close tabs or select anything in the tabs / URL bars in the new Microsoft Edge... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; The new Microsoft Edge browser just became available to Xbox Insiders in the Alpha Skip Ahead ring. I'm experiencing an issue where I'm unable to... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/ChiefLEGOMAN1, Mar 6, 2021.

1. Unable to close tabs or select anything in the tabs / URL bars in the new Microsoft Edge...

The new Microsoft Edge browser just became available to Xbox Insiders in the Alpha Skip Ahead ring. I'm experiencing an issue where I'm unable to properly navigate the entirety of the tabs or URL bars. Some items can be highlighted while other can't, but none of them can be actually be selected by pressing 'A'. Because of this I'm unable to use the URL to type in a web address, visit browser settings or even close tabs or create new ones. So now I've got all these tabs open after it synced all my data and plugins across and I've got no way of closing them.

submitted by /u/ChiefLEGOMAN1
    [link] [comments]

/u/ChiefLEGOMAN1, Mar 6, 2021
  2. ErinBytes Win User

Help...idk where else to post...

3. XBF Ezra G Win User

Bug/glitch in Microsoft Edge. Maybe a security issue?

Hi Mugboy,

Thanks for the update. You may want to check out this page:
    How to close malicious tabs in Microsoft Edge on Xbox One
    . There, you will find steps to close malicious tabs in Microsoft Edge that may be affecting your ability to use the application.

Please let us know how this goes.
  4. Mugboy Win User

Bug/glitch in Microsoft Edge. Maybe a security issue?

Hi ,

Thanks for the update. You may want to check out this page:
    . There, you will find steps to close malicious tabs in Microsoft Edge that may be affecting your ability to use the application.

Please let us know how this goes.
    My problem has nothing related to tabs that don't close.

Please, watch the video on my post.
  5. Mister Mascot Win User

Microsoft Edge needs fixed

Hey there KaoticBritnyKo1,

Give this guide a shot to see if it helps out with that problem.
    If not, please feel free to create a new thread with your specific problem as this is an older topic and your situation is a little more unique.

Cheers!
  6. Jaymo1978 Win User

895-system 32.exe

Hey Michael! What is happening is, it sounds like your Edge is starting on the most recently-opened tab. Often, on a site which probably would give a virus on the computer itself (one of those that pop open a specific window and refuse to close, or tell
    you to click something to get rid of a virus but it turns out to be a virus itself) these will open the tab, and then when closing Edge, the next time you open it, that same tab is already there.

There are a couple of things you can do. Try opening your browser on your Xbox, then on your controller, press the "view" button (this looks like two interlocking squares to the left of the Xbox Logo.) This will open the "new tab" and "address bar" window.
    From here you should be able to close existing tabs by highlighting the tab you wish to close, pressing menu, and choosing "Close Tab. Then you will start fresh with a new tab.

If that doesn't work, you can also search for any item in the game store, then scroll all the way to the right and choose "Web Results." This will force Edge to re-open on a new tab showing Bing Search results, and the "bad" tab will be in the background.
    Now you SHOULD be able to use the "view button method" listed above to close the offending tabs.

Oh, and don't worry about Viruses - that won't happen with Xbox One, so no virus-scan program is required.

Let me know!
Thema:

Unable to close tabs or select anything in the tabs / URL bars in the new Microsoft Edge...

1. Unable to close tabs or select anything in the tabs / URL bars in the new Microsoft Edge... - Similar Threads - Unable close tabs

2. Unable to upload a custom gamerpic

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to upload a custom gamerpic: I'm wanting to have a custom gamerpic like my friends but annoyingly I'm unable to have one currently. I've checked videos on how to do it and the "Choose a custom picture" button doesn't exist...
  3. Unable to download GP games on laptop despite three chat sessions. Callback option keeps...

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to download GP games on laptop despite three chat sessions. Callback option keeps...: Hi I have been unable to download any games from Gamespass on my laptop. My PC on the same account and router is fine. I have had three chat sessions which have been unable tor resolve the issue...
  4. unable to save changes

in XBoX on Consoles
    unable to save changes: I'm trying to set my xbox as my home as I used to game share but now I don't and I want to use my games and stuff offline but when I try to set it just says unable to save changes just for the...
  5. Forza Horizon 4 (Steam Version) Unable to connect to online servers

in XBoX on Windows
    Forza Horizon 4 (Steam Version) Unable to connect to online servers: Can somebody tell me how should i fix this problem? I've been ignoring this error message for some time now but once i decide to fix the problem it was complicated and by that, i couldn't fix the...
  6. [Forza Horizon 4] Unable to connect to session.

in XBoX on Windows
    [Forza Horizon 4] Unable to connect to session.: Unable to connect to session. The game says that I have an IPsec error 0x00000000. I read some forums where he writes that this error is related to the shadow ban of the account. Is it really so?...
  7. Unable to open the Xbox App on Window

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to open the Xbox App on Window: Hi Folks, I'm currently unable to open the Xbox App on Windows. It was working fine a few weeks ago, but when I tried to open it today, it will not launch. The application appears to be running...
  8. unable to close the application in question is there a solution or is it a real problem?

in XboX Insiders
    unable to close the application in question is there a solution or is it a real problem?: [IMG] submitted by /u/J_U_R_4_S_S_l_C [link] [comments]
  9. Forza Horizon 4 Opens and Closes Instantly, Unable to Start a DCOM Server Error

in XBoX on Windows
    Forza Horizon 4 Opens and Closes Instantly, Unable to Start a DCOM Server Error: I bought Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate Edition last Wednesday and I have since spent a week trying to get the game to work. I left my PC on overnight to download the game, but Firefox crashed the...
  10. ERROR: unable to get response. The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    ERROR: unable to get response. The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error ...: Where do you report problems like this for forums.xbox.com ? "ERROR: unable to get response. The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive." it says on the...