Unable To Complete Gamertag Change

Discus and support Unable To Complete Gamertag Change in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; Just wondering if there is currently an issue with changing gamertags- I'm talking about the first free gamertag change, after signing up for an Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by SR420, Jul 28, 2019.

1. SR420
    SR420 Guest

Just wondering if there is currently an issue with changing gamertags- I'm talking about the first free gamertag change, after signing up for an Xbox account. I just set up a Microsoft account to play on the Switch, and when I try to customize the gamertag
    for the first time, it simply does not allow the process to complete.

I just did this for another account about 2 weeks ago, and had no issues. But I have been trying to do it for this account for several days, and it will not go through. I click on the Xbox profile, click customize, and then go through the process of changing
    the gamertag. I enter the name, click the box to check the availability- when it says that the name I have selected is available, I click the green "claim it" box... and then nothing. The green box changes to light green... and then nothing happens. When
    I try to click again, I get a red circle w/ a line through it. No error messages come up, or any indications that anything has gone wrong- it simply will not progress past that step.

I have tried it on Microsoft Edge, Chrome, Firefox, and on my Android device. When I do it on Android, it says "an unexpected error has occurred please try again later."

Is there something going on right now that is preventing the process from completing? It worked fine 2 weeks ago, so I am stumped. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

:)

SR420, Jul 28, 2019
  2. PalmettoBling Win User

3. XBF Felixx P Win User

Hello SR420!

Thanks for reaching out to Xbox forums support.

I would suggest setting up a call back from an Xbox Live support agent by following the steps below. The agent would be able to look into your account and see what might be causing that issue with your Gamertag change.

As
    provided above the best way to reach Live Support would be here:
    https://support.xbox.com/contact-us#0

Step 1 ----Select Xbox One

Step 2 ----Select See other options

Step 3 ----Select topic (Ex. System Update)

Step 4 ----Select "Show contact options"

Step 5 ----Select request a call from support

I hope this helps a bit more.

Felix

Xbox forums support
  4. SR420 Win User

No, as I said- I am trying to the change the initial tag that was assigned to me by Xbox. We should get 1 free change. I did it with another account 2 weeks ago, no issues. I'm only getting an issue after I hit "claim it." It just won't progress after
    that step, no matter how long we wait.
  5. {Parity} Win User

If the tag you are using was selected by you initially then you have used your free change.
  6. XGN Corrupt Win User

Change gametag

Unfortunately no, the changing of the gamertag is universal for Xbox games to the profile. If you're unable to change the gamertag due to a time restriction then you'll be unable to have a different display in the games you play.
Thema:

1. Unable To Complete Gamertag Change - Similar Threads - Unable Complete Gamertag

2. Unable to complete Xbox Insider Hub registration

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to complete Xbox Insider Hub registration: Hi - I received the email to confirm my email address for the Xbox insider, but when I click on the link, I get the following error: Unable to connect Firefox can't establish a connection to the...
  3. Submitting request We're not ready for you yet, your account is unable to complete the request.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Submitting request We're not ready for you yet, your account is unable to complete the request.: Submitting request We're not ready for you yet, your account is unable to complete the request. What do this mean i have been getting this for a month? edcf6234-4c39-47d5-88b1-0ef24e0bca41
  4. Hitman the complete first season unable to sync data.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hitman the complete first season unable to sync data.: After downloading Hitman the complete first season through games with gold I am unable to play it. After launching and pressing the A button to start the game fails to sync data. I am given the...
  5. (Minecraft) “Sorry, we were unable to complete your realm purchase. Maybe check your...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    (Minecraft) “Sorry, we were unable to complete your realm purchase. Maybe check your...: i see this has been a issue in the past but cannot seem to find the solution. It does the same with texture packs. Im becoming very frustrated by this and could really use some help. Things i...
  6. Sorry, we are unable to complete your purchase. Maybe check your internet connection.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sorry, we are unable to complete your purchase. Maybe check your internet connection.: Hi, I often have trouble with Bedrock and especially this message when I am trying to make purchases: Sorry, we are unable to complete your purchase. Maybe check your internet connection. My...
  7. Sorry, we are unable to complete your realm purchase. Maybe check your internet connection?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sorry, we are unable to complete your realm purchase. Maybe check your internet connection?: I get this error message every time I try and use my 30 day free trial of realms that is advertised on the home screen of Minecraft. Ive checked my internet, switched internets, and it dtiks...
  8. " Your account is unable to make this type of purchase on xbox.com. Please complete this...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    " Your account is unable to make this type of purchase on xbox.com. Please complete this...: I have a gold subscription and went to purchase star wars battlefront 2 with the free gold deal but was prompted with this message......I was told by support to add a credit card as confirmation...
  9. Unable to complete billing address on Xbox

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Unable to complete billing address on Xbox: I'm trying to change my gamer tag and it costs 9.99 which is fine, but each time i go to pay the address screen is usa and i can't change it. My Xbox amount is set to Canada, my Microsoft account...
  10. Your account is unable to make this type of purchase on Xbox.com. Please complete this ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Your account is unable to make this type of purchase on Xbox.com. Please complete this ...: Split from this thread. I am currently using an adult account which was recently upgraded from a child account when i reached the appropriate age and i am still experiencing the same problems...