Unable to disable sound via HDMI Output in Volume and audio output

Discus and support Unable to disable sound via HDMI Output in Volume and audio output in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; So after sending my Xbox Series X off for a warrenty repair, per the first person I talked too, my Xbox One S started having the same issue, so I... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/baseballjustin5, Oct 5, 2021.

1. Unable to disable sound via HDMI Output in Volume and audio output

So after sending my Xbox Series X off for a warrenty repair, per the first person I talked too, my Xbox One S started having the same issue, so I messaged support again, and after a few troubleshooting steps he suggesting leaving the Insider Branch on the One S, and that seems to have fixed the problem. Now I just got my Series X back, and the same error is happening.

I'm an Xbox Insider Alpha Branch, and when I go to turn HDMI Audio to off, it gives me an error saying;

"Check your audio receiver. There was a problem using this setting. Make sure your audio receiver supports it. Also, make sure to choose at least one audio setting. Both can't be off. (0x80bd0009)"

This is the same error code I got on both. The second person gave me a work around, which didn't work on my Series X, but I just wanted to let yall know that it's happening to me even after receiving my Series X, after sending it for a "warranty repair"

I left the Insider Program on my One S and it seems to have fixed itself, but still having the issue after leaving the Insider Program on my Series X

submitted by /u/baseballjustin5
    [link] [comments]

/u/baseballjustin5, Oct 5, 2021
  2. Danno McK. Win User

Using SPDIF and HDMI Simultaneously

[quote user="Atropos0"]I'm trying to set up my Xbox to use HDMI and SPDIF at the same time. I don't want the audio to output through the HDMI, because then it just uses the monitor speakers. Is there any way to output audio through SPDIF while using HDMI?[/quote]

Turn the volume on the monitor to 0, as I do with my TV if I'm using the optical audio being output to my receiver. You can't disable the HDMI audio.
  3. shadow walkerOZ Win User

Xbox one - 5.1 via ARC/HDMI?

Have you gone into the audio settings on the xbox one and set it to output 5.1 via HDMI?

Unless this is set, it will only output stereo sound.
  4. Paraffin Alien Win User

I have video but no sound

Have you checked the audio output settings on the console?

Go to settings,

select Display & Sound

select Audio Output

and there you will see a choice of either HDMI audio or optical audio.

Check to make sure HDMI audio is selected

As if it`s set to optical you will not get an audio output through the HDMI cable.
  5. Silas Poliah Win User

No audio via HDMI, tried multiple cables, ports and Tv's.

Hi Crozier,

This current tv (Sharp Aquos), seems to selectively disables the sound output to the optical link, when the audio mode is set to 'variable'.

The Variable setting turns off the TV's speakers and enables the optical audio output. I use this setting for cable, Blu-ray & media pc all via HDMI.

The 'Fixed' setting disables optical output and just plays though the TV speakers. Xbox sounds are audible in this setting, but just not though my home theatre.

Perhaps the TV is managing the audio pass-though on some condition that's being met or the Xbox is disabling audio over HDMI for the same reason.

I'm trying to figure out how to manipulate these conditions using cables or a HDMI switch device between the sources and the TV, that has an optical out on it.

Let me know your thoughts - Ill post a solution as soon as apparent.

S
  6. ObsessedPirate1 Win User

hdmi output greyed out

I went to settings then volume and audio output and the using hdmi or optical audio headset is unchecked and still greyed out
Thema:

Unable to disable sound via HDMI Output in Volume and audio output

1. Unable to disable sound via HDMI Output in Volume and audio output - Similar Threads - Unable disable sound

2. Unable to install Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition after Uninstalling it.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to install Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition after Uninstalling it.: I uninstalled Minecraft earlier today because of a problem with it crashing on start-up. I was expecting to be able to redownload from the Xbox Console Companion later on but was unable to since...
  3. Unable to install game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to install game: I was playing my game and when it needed an update it said the file was corrupt or something even though it was just fine up until the update, it told me to delete it and reinstall it so I did...
  4. Minecraft unable to connect to world

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft unable to connect to world: I wanted to play with my sister, im playing on an ipad and she has an android. We played together before and has no problem, but now with the new version of minecraft we suddenly have problems...
  5. Why are Xbox players unable to disable cross play when playing Warzone?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why are Xbox players unable to disable cross play when playing Warzone?: We all know there is a large amount of hacks and cheats that PC players can use when playing Warzone. Just google it or search on Youtube. As an xbox player im tired of being forced to play...
  6. Unable to ‘Allow 4K’ without disabling hdr

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to ‘Allow 4K’ without disabling hdr: Hi, For the past three weeks, i am unable to allow 4k on my xbox one x without having to disable hdr on my monitor or television. It seems to only happen now and i haven’t changed anything....
  7. I have 3 months of Xbox Game pass PC and they disabled it after 1 month. Unable to reach a...

in XBoX on Windows
    I have 3 months of Xbox Game pass PC and they disabled it after 1 month. Unable to reach a...: My Game Pass PC was no longer active after 1 month of the 3 month membership. Help 9f4f3513-e9b4-4e17-a702-4beb28eff919
  8. Unable to disable ads on microsoft games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to disable ads on microsoft games: I want to pay to disable ads from my Microsoft games. Every time I try the form requests I give a US address, but I live in Canada and cannot complete the form. My account settings clearly show my...
  9. Need some help! Someone disabled vehicles. Vehicles were visible on map but unable to use.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Need some help! Someone disabled vehicles. Vehicles were visible on map but unable to use.: Need some help! My son was playing Halo 4 online with a group of friends. Someone disabled the vehicles. The vehicles were visible on the map but unable to be used. This game ended and another...
  10. Unable to disable auto renew

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to disable auto renew: I've just bought 1 month trial on xbox, but it doesn't appear. I've tried at again and the massage was something like" Sorry, you can only have one of this" even after I tried paying 10$ for 1...