Unable to download a gifted digital game?

Discus and support Unable to download a gifted digital game? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello there, I bought and gifted Yooka-Laylee for my cousin's XBox One recently and over the Christmas holidays we tried to download the game to their... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Dysector ZA, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Dysector ZA
    Dysector ZA Guest

Hello there,

I bought and gifted Yooka-Laylee for my cousin's XBox One recently and over the Christmas holidays we tried to download the game to their console, but after redeeming the code on the console, we could not download the game from XBox for some reason.

The code was redeemed, but the game would not download to their XBox One?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated?

Thank you.

:)

Dysector ZA, Jan 2, 2020
  2. Dysector ZA Win User

What happens if you go to the Microsoft Store with your cousin's account and browse Yooka-Laylee? Does it give the option to "install", or to "buy" again?

Also, can you have your cousin sign into their
    Microsoft account on the web
    and confirm that they did indeed redeem the code there? It should be in their purchase history, I believe.
    A Microsoft representative assisted me via live chat and checked the account and purchase. They found that I had gifted my cousin Yooka-Laylee for PC and not XBox. They have assisted me with a refund so that I can purchase
    the correct version for them. Thank you for the replies.
  3. RandyAU93 Win User

Did you redeem the code on your cousin's account? If so, when they are signed in, they should be able to find it in the "Ready to Install" section of My Games & Apps. If it's not there, then it may not have been redeemed to their account. If it is and
    it won't launch, what error message is it giving you? Let us know so someone here can help out!
  4. Dysector ZA Win User

Okay, thank you for the timely reply. Everything does sound legitimately okay, that is an odd situation.

Is there any chance that the Xbox memory is full and it cannot queue up?

You have explained your situation quite clearly. And unless I'm missing something, it sounds like a memory/storage space problem. Although at anytime I'm hoping one of my fellow ambassadors can add to this.
    A Microsoft representative assisted me via live chat and checked the account and purchase. They found that I had gifted my cousin Yooka-Laylee for PC and not XBox. They have assisted me with a refund so that I can purchase
    the correct version for them. Thank you for the replies.
  5. OakGill Win User

Okay, thank you for the timely reply. Everything does sound legitimately okay, that is an odd situation.

Is there any chance that the Xbox memory is full and it cannot queue up?

You have explained your situation quite clearly. And unless I'm missing something, it sounds like a memory/storage space problem. Although at anytime I'm hoping one of my fellow ambassadors can add to this.
  6. RandyAU93 Win User

What happens if you go to the Microsoft Store with your cousin's account and browse Yooka-Laylee? Does it give the option to "install", or to "buy" again?

Also, can you have your cousin sign into their
    Microsoft account on the web
    and confirm that they did indeed redeem the code there? It should be in their purchase history, I believe.
Thema:

1. Unable to download a gifted digital game? - Similar Threads - Unable download gifted

2. Unable to download Minecraft Bedrock onto PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to download Minecraft Bedrock onto PC: I am trying to download Minecraft Bedrock onto my PC which I purchased from a legitimate website, my microsoft account recognises the purchase but when I try to download it says I don't have any...
  3. I am unable to download a game i have purchased

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am unable to download a game i have purchased: So I bought Minecraft Windows 10 edition today and there is an error message when I try to download it. Please help asap aa003daf-c114-40c1-aeae-2f9c5ee53414
  4. Unable to download GP games on laptop despite three chat sessions. Callback option keeps...

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to download GP games on laptop despite three chat sessions. Callback option keeps...: Hi I have been unable to download any games from Gamespass on my laptop. My PC on the same account and router is fine. I have had three chat sessions which have been unable tor resolve the issue...
  5. Xbox One Modern Warfare Data Pack 2 Missing & Unable to Download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One Modern Warfare Data Pack 2 Missing & Unable to Download: I have everything downloaded properly and try to play onlline (I bought a 3 month xbox live membership) but cannot play due to missing the Data Pack 2. When i go to the files and click on data...
  6. xbox app on windows 10 unable to download pc games

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox app on windows 10 unable to download pc games: i have tried several times to download a game to my Gaming laptop with the new xbox app without success i just keep going round in a loop i get the same message see photo i have signed in...
  7. Unable to download Windows 10 games on gamepass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to download Windows 10 games on gamepass: If the games say administrator access needed they will not download. This is weird because there is only one account on the computer and it is the admin account d16298aa-5219-497c-935b-fc92a29ca123
  8. Unable to Download items from Store: "does not work on this device"

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to Download items from Store: "does not work on this device": Back when it launched, I bought The Outer Worlds digitally through Amazon for Microsoft Store. I uninstalled it after playing, and pre-purchased the Expansion Pass through Microsoft Store. Now...
  9. Unable to download VIP Gift Cars

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to download VIP Gift Cars: Hi! I can´t download 4 of the VIP cars, from the GIFT Tab! I press the button "A", but nothing happens. Could you help me please? Thank you. Best regards, PSS (Forza 7 - Ultimate ed - play...
  10. Child account unable to download gifted cars

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Child account unable to download gifted cars: Lately i received a 2017 Ford Raptor from Turn10. I tried to download the car but wasn't allowed to download due to "parental restrictions" I have searched everywhere on xbox.com where i could...