Unable to download games from game pass

Discus and support Unable to download games from game pass in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; When trying to download a game from game pass "unknown available" appears when trying to select a drive to install it on. There seems to be an update... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Max1QY, Aug 17, 2021.

1. Max1QY
    Max1QY Guest

When trying to download a game from game pass "unknown available" appears when trying to select a drive to install it on.

There seems to be an update my PC does not have which it does not want to download, whenever I press to check for updates it sometimes does not find it and say I am missing updates or does find it and does not install it. I think this has something to do with the game pass games not downloading. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

:)

Max1QY, Aug 17, 2021
  2. Max1QY Win User

Hello!

I just tried that and when I click install nothing happens
  3. XBF Houmaidi O Win User

Hello @Max1QY! I hope that you are doing well today!

Would you please try to launch the Store App and install the game from there. Also, I will list some solutions below. Gove it a try and let us know the results!

Solution 1: Reset the store cache:

1. Press the Windows key + R
    2. Type wsreset.exe and hit enter.

Wait for few seconds while it is resetting the store cache.

Solution 2: Re-register the Store App:

-Press Windows key + X
    -Click Windows Powershell Admin
    Copy and pastethe command below and hit enter.

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command "& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}

Wait for few seconds while it is re-registering the store app.

Solution 3: Restart your computer and try to download the app again:

If issue persist, check for updates and install any available updates.
    -Press Windows key + X
    -Go to Settings
    -Click Update and Security
    -Check for Updates and Download them to keep your device up to date.

Solution 4: A clean boot:

To perform a clean boot procedure on your windows 10 for this, follow the instructions given by Microsoft provided in the link below.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows (microsoft.com)

Solution 5: Update your PC version:

Check for any updates on your Windows firmware version as it can be outdated and should be updated to the latest patch to run the game properly. Sometimes, Windows security patch updates can also ruin the game files for some reason which can be fixed by uninstalling the recently installed updates manually from the ‘Windows Updates’ option. latest updates.

Once the update are installed try to check the games.

I hope the information above helps. Please let me know how it goes.
  4. OneyeInDarkness Win User

Unable to download games from Game Pass app

May I ask what game you are having trouble downloading onto your xbox?
  5. SilentStucho Win User

I just reinstalled Game Pass twice on my phone. Its current on updates. So is my Xbox.
  6. SilentStucho Win User

I've tried queuing not on wifi as well with no luck. And besides, in the Game Pass app settings I can go to manage my console, see my games that I have on there and uninstall my games too.
Thema:

1. Unable to download games from game pass - Similar Threads - Unable download games

2. Some games unable to download to secondary drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Some games unable to download to secondary drive: Hello there folks, I have question for you. I have noticed that I am unable to download and install certain games to my E drive, which is my bigger HDD where I install all my games and apps. I...
  3. Unable to Download A Game Without having to Purchase for it Again. - Also cannot find...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to Download A Game Without having to Purchase for it Again. - Also cannot find...: Hello my name is Nathan Fox, I've been trying to contact Xbox and Microsoft support to resolve this issue but cannot figure out what I am doing wrong. I've literally spent an hour on a call with...
  4. Unable to download a game on game pass PC, error code 0x87e00005

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to download a game on game pass PC, error code 0x87e00005: I'm trying to download Medieval Dynasty on my PC through game pass and after selecting a drive to install it to , the download fails and I get the error code 0x87e00005, any ideas on how to fix...
  5. Xbox Game Pass Ultimate not working on xbox app on PC and unable to download games + not...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Pass Ultimate not working on xbox app on PC and unable to download games + not...: So I just got my xbox game pass ultimate and I had previously the normal game pass and it was working ok-ish. I resubscribed into the ultimate pass with a discount and got it and was excited to...
  6. unable to download any games from game pass for pc

in XBoX on Windows
    unable to download any games from game pass for pc: hi there, i cant install anything from the game pass on my pc, it keeps throwing a handful of errors such as 0x800700e9 for most games but for sea of thieves it throws out 0x80080206, i've...
  7. Unable to download large games on xbox app

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to download large games on xbox app: Hi, I am unable to download large games through the xbox app PC, because my SSD C Drive does not have the space. I purchased another SSD with 500gb space (My D :drive SSD is also full) and have...
  8. Unable to download profile on Xbox 360 game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to download profile on Xbox 360 game: Can someone help me? I’ve been trying to download my profile onto an Xbox 360 game I have recently purchased however when I go to download the profile it says not connected to Xbox live. Yet when...
  9. I am unable to download a game i have purchased

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am unable to download a game i have purchased: So I bought Minecraft Windows 10 edition today and there is an error message when I try to download it. Please help asap aa003daf-c114-40c1-aeae-2f9c5ee53414
  10. Unable to download GP games on laptop despite three chat sessions. Callback option keeps...

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to download GP games on laptop despite three chat sessions. Callback option keeps...: Hi I have been unable to download any games from Gamespass on my laptop. My PC on the same account and router is fine. I have had three chat sessions which have been unable tor resolve the issue...