Unable to download movie and tv purchases made from Windows or Movies Anywhere on to my 360

Discus and support Unable to download movie and tv purchases made from Windows or Movies Anywhere on to my 360 in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; The title pretty much says it all. The error I get says that the license can not be retireved, yet I can stream them with no problem. BEcause my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by JohnPrice5, Nov 21, 2021.

1. JohnPrice5
    JohnPrice5 Guest

Unable to download movie and tv purchases made from Windows or Movies Anywhere on to my 360

The title pretty much says it all. The error I get says that the license can not be retireved, yet I can stream them with no problem. BEcause my internet is not always the most stable, I'd like to be able to download them, if at all possible. Help?

:)

JohnPrice5, Nov 21, 2021
  2. smw007 Win User

Movies Anywhere

One of the issues I have with online movie/tv purchases is that my broadband speed isn't that great and many times end up with video hangs and/or blurry picture.

I am thankful that you can still download your purchases on the Xbox 360 so as to avoid hangs and drops in picture quality.

My question is:

With Movies Anywhere, if you sync up all your purchases and launch Microsoft 'Movies & TV' app on your Xbox 360 can you download purchases made from other

providers other than Microsoft Movies & TV (e.g. download purchases from Amazon video) ?
  3. banky71 Win User

Movies Anywhere

One of the issues I have with online movie/tv purchases is that my broadband speed isn't that great and many times end up with video hangs and/or blurry picture.

I am thankful that you can still download your purchases on the Xbox 360 so as to avoid hangs and drops in picture quality.

My question is:

With Movies Anywhere, if you sync up all your purchases and launch Microsoft 'Movies & TV' app on your Xbox 360 can you download purchases made from other

providers other than Microsoft Movies & TV (e.g. download purchases from Amazon video) ?
    I'm able to watch all my xbox movie, most of my apple TV things and most of my Amazon movies on my xbox.
  4. smw007 Win User

Movies Anywhere

My question is:

>>>>> I'm able to watch all my xbox movie, most of my apple TV things and most of my Amazon movies on my xbox.
    But can you DOWNLOAD your purchases to Xbox 360 hard-drive and watch from there ?
  5. PalmettoBling Win User

Why can't I watch my movies offline?

Correct, and just to add a reference point,
    this is covered on this page, here
    . It specifically says:

• Purchases from Movies & TV are not downloaded to your console but are streamed over the Internet to your console or other Movies & TV-compatible devices. For more information, see Microsoft
      Store: Movies & TV
    Now, what you CAN do with that, is sign up for
    Movies Anywhere.
    Then all of your eligible Microsoft Movies & TV content will sync over with Movies Anywhere and then you could use a service that DOES allow you to download and watch the movie offline, though through a very cursory search does not look
    like there is an option on Xbox One? Vudu is a Movies Anywhere app, though I have never used it to see if you can download titles for offline play.
  6. IRB Win User

Why can't I watch my movies offline?

Correct, and just to add a reference point,
    this is covered on this page, here
    . It specifically says:

• Purchases from Movies & TV are not downloaded to your console but are streamed over the Internet to your console or other Movies & TV-compatible devices. For more information, see Microsoft
      Store: Movies & TV
    Now, what you CAN do with that, is sign up for
    Movies Anywhere.
    Then all of your eligible Microsoft Movies & TV content will sync over with Movies Anywhere and then you could use a service that DOES allow you to download and watch the movie offline, though through a very cursory search does not look
    like there is an option on Xbox One? Vudu is a Movies Anywhere app, though I have never used it to see if you can download titles for offline play.
    Thanks for adding the extra info.

I would point out though that Movies Anywhere is only available in the US.
Thema:

1. Unable to download movie and tv purchases made from Windows or Movies Anywhere on to my 360 - Similar Threads - Unable download movie

2. Unable to re-download old digital Xbox 360 game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to re-download old digital Xbox 360 game: Hi there, I recognize this is a long shot. Way back, I bought Marble Blast Ultra from the Xbox 360 store and loved it. Eventually, that old Xbox died, and the account was deleted due to GDPR as...
  3. Windows 11 fresh install is unable to download gamepass games that require admin permissions

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Windows 11 fresh install is unable to download gamepass games that require admin permissions: I reinstalled windows 11 from an iso downloaded with their official tool and am now unable to download gamepass games that require admin permissions (error 0x00000001), i have tried every possible...
  4. Unable to download Xbox app and Game Pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to download Xbox app and Game Pass: Currently I am unable to download the Xbox app and Game pass on my Galaxy S9. I had uninstalled them because they would not work properly, even though they had worked on my IPhone 11. Whenever I...
  5. Forza Motorsport 7 Purchased but unable to download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Motorsport 7 Purchased but unable to download: I purchased Forza Motorsport 7 before it became unavailable and use to be able to play it just fine. Now I can see it on my account on the Xbox app in windows but I cannot download it. I have a...
  6. Vanguard Purchase unable to download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Vanguard Purchase unable to download: I purchased Vanguard ultimate edition but cannot play it because the system is telling me to buy it again. Order number was Order 9300159096 Thank you Marcos Cortez...
  7. I am unable to rent movies and download games from my game pass for 2 days. Please help me.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am unable to rent movies and download games from my game pass for 2 days. Please help me.: I can't load games from my game pass and won't let me rent movies. please help. f2160cef-34bc-4068-a11f-ee0be9f6448a
  8. Xbox Video unable to download purchased movies on Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Video unable to download purchased movies on Xbox One: How do you download a movie purchased from the Microsoft Store? Hughes Net has data caps and I can't watch my purchased movies whenever I want due to data caps. Microsoft wants and advertised...
  9. Unable to view downloaded movie

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to view downloaded movie: I use xbox video on my Lenovo laptop (yoga 13) with Windows 8. I have a few movies that I have downloaded with the intention of watching later. For a few of them (not all) I keep getting an...
  10. Unable to download movies from Movies & TV

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to download movies from Movies & TV: So even though I have bought two movies and two TV series through the xbox market place I cant view them without internet connection. As someone who only has Internet on weekends this is extremely...