unable to even launch installed game

Discus and support unable to even launch installed game in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I purchased a game and installed it on Xbox one. It is not showing in my games under the games and apps section. However it is showing as recently... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by GoldChipmunk418, Feb 14, 2020.

1. unable to even launch installed game

I purchased a game and installed it on Xbox one. It is not showing in my games under the games and apps section. However it is showing as recently installed under the queue section of games and apps. I paid money for this and can't play it. Can someone
    help please?

:)

GoldChipmunk418, Feb 14, 2020
  2. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi Gold,

Thanks for coming to the forums. We understand you are having issue launching a game. Do you get a message that you need to purchase the game when trying to download from the store? If you own it make sure to check the order
    history
    and see if the purchase still says completed. If it doesn't say completed you will need to purchase it. There was a system update that caused some pre-order games to not process correctly. You should have also received
    an Xbox live message stating that you don't own the game and need to repurchase. Here is the message that would of come about a week ago in Xbox live messages:

"Hi We found a problem. When you bought (name of game), the payment didn’t go through and you were never charged. Due to an error on our side, you still had access to play it. After Feb. 12 2020 you will be prompted to buy it before you can play
    it again. Don’t worry you will keep your saves, achievements, and add-ons. Sorry for the mix up". If the purchase is complete and still having issues we recommend requesting a call from support.

When you go to Contact Us, follow these steps to request a call from support:

• Step 1 ----click on Contact us
    • Step 2 ----under what you having trouble with select Subscriptions & billing
    • Step 3-----under what is the issue I can't redeem a code then hit next

Step 4 ----scroll down to select request a call

Once they call explain the issue and they will be able to help you. Note that these options regularly change so just keep selecting something that gives request a call from support as a contact option.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Brad
  3. InCaudaVenenum Win User

Games saying "Ready To Start" when they really arent.

I could be misinterpreting but you're referring to being unable to launch a game you already have installed, but are currently updating, yes?

I believe the "Ready to Launch" phrase only applies to game installations as updates will not allow games to play (especially online) until they are completed.
  4. LegoNinja187 Win User

Installing

I'm confused,

have you successfully installed Fortnite, but are unable to launch it?
  5. DinoFossil00003 Win User

Halo Reach won't launch or be recognized as installed

Where it says press enter to start, it pops up with “unable to continue, the content is currently installing.” Even though I have already downloaded halo reach. When i try and launch it from the microsoft store nothing happens, there is no response from
    clicking the launch button.
  6. NeilSmith1984 Win User

Alan Wake won't install from PAL disc

I'm still unable to install it, plus I downloaded Pac-Man but that won't launch either "This game might not be playable yet" it says. This is after another hard reboot
Thema:

1. unable to even launch installed game - Similar Threads - unable launch installed

2. Unable to load, or launch any games or apps when offline, as well as a heavy delay when...

in XboX Insiders
    Unable to load, or launch any games or apps when offline, as well as a heavy delay when...: [IMG] submitted by /u/Chrxw [link] [comments]
  3. Unable to launch games or games crashing on Xbox for PC Ap

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to launch games or games crashing on Xbox for PC Ap: I've just built a new gaming PC and I am no longer able to keep a game running from the Xbox app on Windows 10 for more than 30 seconds. I've been testing with Forza 4 and Slay the Spire. For...
  4. Major issue causing periods of time where I'm unable to launch anything, sometimes even the...

in XboX Insiders
    Major issue causing periods of time where I'm unable to launch anything, sometimes even the...: Major issues launching anything I can't launch the hub to report this. I think my external hard drive is dying and causing issues on my X1X (Skip ahead alpha). When installing games, it gets...
  5. Xbox Game Pass (PC) Unable to Launch any Games

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Pass (PC) Unable to Launch any Games: When I attempt to launch games from the Xbox Beta App, Windows Store or directly from the start menu nothing happens. No process shows up in the task manager and nothing displays on the screen. I...
  6. Xbox Game Pass - Unable to launch Mortal Kombat X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Pass - Unable to launch Mortal Kombat X: Hey guys, I've downloaded MK X from the catalog of games available for Game Pass subscribers, but the game doesn't launch. Are there any ongoing issues with MK currently? Some details: - In...
  7. Unable to launch games I've launched before, Xcloud streaming not console streaming.

in XboX Insiders
    Unable to launch games I've launched before, Xcloud streaming not console streaming.: I can launch things I haven't launched before but when trying to launch Subnautica or Ark, which I was playing a few hours ago, it says Ark is currently not available? I launched borderlands 2 and...
  8. Frontier: Elite Dangerous unable to install or launch since 09/27/2017

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Frontier: Elite Dangerous unable to install or launch since 09/27/2017: Frontier (ISPs): Elite Dangerous unable to install or launch since 09/27/2017 I don't know if it's a problem on your end or Microsoft end, but ever since 2.4 went live, my game has been unable to...
  9. Thank you for installing you're curently unable to launch due to : Unsuported graphics card ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Thank you for installing you're curently unable to launch due to : Unsuported graphics card ...: Help please i have been feeling my age, I paid for game on Friday via Microsoft store, I had waited for download over 20 hours....can I be assisted as to how I get go at Forza Horizon 3 on my...
  10. Unable to launch witcher 3, unable to install the requested update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to launch witcher 3, unable to install the requested update: Hi I am on NXOE and this morning I am not able to launch the Witcher 3 game The game is requesting for an update but I get an error message telling me that something went wrong with the update...