Unable to find microphone

Discus and support Unable to find microphone in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My son is now on his 4th headset, this one a genuine xbox one but a he gets is the message in the title, I see hundreds of people have this problem, I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LeeGarrity, Aug 21, 2019.

1. LeeGarrity
    LeeGarrity Guest

My son is now on his 4th headset, this one a genuine xbox one but a he gets is the message in the title, I see hundreds of people have this problem, I have been through all the solutions I see online but none work, surely Microsoft know of this issue?
    Any ideas anyone, thanks.

:)

LeeGarrity, Aug 21, 2019
  2. Gormius Win User

It's going to be dependent on what type of headset you are using.

If it's a wireless headset then it would need to be synced with the system itself. Or if it's a wired one, then it would need to be plugged into the controller.

Could you tell me what kind of headset it is and maybe I can help you get it connected?

Really would need to know the manufacturer and model of the headset to be accurate.
  3. XBF Leo G Win User

Hello LeeGarrity,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that your Xbox One Stereo headset's microphone is not being detected by the console. Is your console enrolled in the

Xbox Insider program
    ? We have a support article on our website for
    troubleshooting the Xbox One Stereo headset.
    We recommend utilizing some of the troubleshooting steps in the article, and be sure to let us know the results!
  4. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

5. DATxGUY Win User

Have you tried cleaning out the ports in the contoller. Sometimes dust and dirt can build up inside and mess with the connection. The compressed air cans they sell for computers should get any or most out, or carefully take a toothpick wrapped in toilet
    paper and run it along the inside.
  6. LeeGarrity Win User

It is a Microsoft stereo headset model no 1610,1626
Thema:

1. Unable to find microphone - Similar Threads - Unable find microphone

2. Unable to find microphone - mic striked through

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to find microphone - mic striked through: Hi everyone, I've noticed this to be quite a widespread issue. I am not able to chat but I can hear others through the tv. The mic is striked-through and I have no idea what to do next. This is...
  3. Unable to find microphone for these users!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to find microphone for these users!: So like everyone one here on this forum, i’ve run into this problem on my console. I’ve done every step. From hard reseting, to a system reboot, to etc and they all don’t work. I also bought a new...
  4. XBox One S - unable to find microphone / mute / can't chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox One S - unable to find microphone / mute / can't chat: My son is no longer able to use headset(s) with our xbox one s controller - it constantly shows as mic being muted, unable to find a microphone etc. I've tried the following suggestions online:...
  5. "we are unable to find a microphone for these people" I get this message with one but not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    "we are unable to find a microphone for these people" I get this message with one but not...: Hi X-Box One S (1TB). @ x genuine controllers and a wired mic (approved) item. I get the message "we are unable to find a microphone for these people" with the wired mic plugged into one, but...
  6. Xbox message we’re unable to find a microphone for these people

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox message we’re unable to find a microphone for these people: evening, a message keep appearing when i am try to join a party saying ‘we are unable to find a microphone for these people’. I have tried unplugging and resetting both console and controller. The...
  7. Unable to Find a Microphone for These People

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to Find a Microphone for These People: I keep on getting the Unable to Find a Microphone for These People message on my screen. I have tried 2 different headsets, 2 different controllers, restarting my xbox, updating my firmware, going...
  8. "We were unable to find a microphone for these people" error on xbox one S

in XBoX on Consoles
    "We were unable to find a microphone for these people" error on xbox one S: Hello, Getting the issue with muted mic on Xbox one S. Only a couple of months old was working fine until about 3 weeks ago. Tried all the troubleshooting steps so assuming this is some kind of...
  9. We are unable to find microphone for these players!

in XBoX on Consoles
    We are unable to find microphone for these players!: If anyone can help, xbox one, have tried 2 controllers and 3 head sets. Message comes up and can hear or chat in at party. Have done all updates on controllers and factory reset on console. Have...
  10. "We were unable to find a microphone for these people" error on xbox one S

in XBoX on Consoles
    "We were unable to find a microphone for these people" error on xbox one S: Hi, I've had this problem for several days now. It's not the controller or the headset as they work on our other xbox one. Is it an issue with the console that can be fixed? Thanks...