Unable to get a refund for Anthem due to pre-ordering

Discus and support Unable to get a refund for Anthem due to pre-ordering in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; I pre-ordered Anthem Legion of Dawn Edition on January 26th. Found out on Feb 22nd the release date, that none of my friends were getting it, so i... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by LinkinPrime, Mar 22, 2019.

1. LinkinPrime
    LinkinPrime Guest

I pre-ordered Anthem Legion of Dawn Edition on January 26th. Found out on Feb 22nd the release date, that none of my friends were getting it, so i submitted a refund request.

Problem is my requests are automatically being closed because they're looking at the pre-order date and not the release date. I've had numerous calls to support and they claim they can't help and tell me to keep submitting requests online for a refund.
    Numerous requests have been submitted and ignored. I don't know what to do anymore. Funny thing is, i purchased Far Cry 5 on Feb 23rd and i get the option to request a refund for it but Anthem that released a day before is impossible to refund!?

Anyone have any suggestions? Support won't help, they claim they have no way of escalating cases to the refund department or any way to contact them.

Had i pre-ordered a day before or purchased day one, i would have been refunded without issues. What's the message here? Never pre-order?

:)

LinkinPrime, Mar 22, 2019
  2. XBF Javier R Win User

Hello Linkin,

Considering that this was a pre-order when you attempted to get the game refunded, there should been coverage in regards to our Pre-order
    Policy
    It is also mentioned:

You can cancel any pre-order online.

1. Sign in to your
      Order history
      with your Microsoft account and look for the pre-order.
    2. Select Cancel and follow the instructions on the screen.
    If you cancel a pre-order after it's billed but before it's released, we'll process it as a refund.

Only support agent will be able to help with this. We on the forums don't have the tools to help with this.
    When you go to Contact Usto request a callback, follow these steps:

• Step 1 ----Select Xbox One
    • Step 2 ----Select See other options
    • Step 3 ----Select topic
    • Step 4 ----Select "Show contact options"
    • Step 5 ----Select request a call from support

Once they call, explain the issue and they will be able to help you.

I hope this information helps.
  3. XBF Nestor S Win User

Hey there Prime thanks for taking the time to bring this issue to us.

Unfortunately, support was right on this one, neither we or them have a way to escalate these type of issues to the refund team. The best course of action would be to reply to the denial email to speak to them through there (its the only way to reach them).
    We hope this helps but let us know if we can further assist in this or any other matter!
  4. LinkinPrime Win User

I have responded attempting to keep the case open but they close it so fast. Then i get an auto response telling me that my case it closed if i try responding again. This is beyond frustrating, I've been in an endless loop for about a month now.

$80 is quite a bit to write off for me. Specially with Sekiro, CTR, and Rage 2 just around the corner. How can i get this resolved???
  5. XBF Lance J Win User

Impossible de lancer ANTHEM [Cannot launch ANTHEM]

Hey Woody Graff,

Thank you for reaching out. We understand you are unable to launch Anthem as it is showing up as refunded/pre-order was cancelled. Make sure to check the purchase under your

Order History
    in order to verify the status of the purchase. Just as our great ambassador SuprX BR suggested, go ahead and contact
    Xbox support if the purchase was refunded.
  6. Kindr3ds Win User

Anthem issues and refund?

ah yes another day and another Anthem hate post demanding a refund. you are most likely not going to get a refund especially if you have several hours invested. Also the devs are still working on the game. take it as a lesson learned and dont pre-order games.

Also check to make sure your xbox is not overheating and contact EA support.
Thema:

1. Unable to get a refund for Anthem due to pre-ordering - Similar Threads - Unable refund Anthem

2. Unable to login

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to login: Hi we downloaded need for speed earlier on today. We’re getting a message Unable to login this account cant get online? Would anyone know how to fix this please? I’m useless and dont understand...
  3. 使用xbox for pc下载游戏后无法启动,显示错误代码: 0x803F8001[Unable to launch after downloading game using...

in XBoX on Windows
    使用xbox for pc下载游戏后无法启动,显示错误代码: 0x803F8001[Unable to launch after downloading game using...: 购买xbox game pass后用xbox for pc下载完会免游戏始终 法启动,卸载重装也 法解决,一直显示当前在 的账户中不可用,错误代 : 0x803F8001,请问应该如何解决,感谢! [Translation - After purchasing xbox game pass, downloading with xbox for pc will prevent the...
  4. Unable to launch games through Xbox Beta App

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to launch games through Xbox Beta App: I signed up for Gamepass but unfortunately i am unable to launch any game that i download through the xbox app. Most times, the little launcher window will pop up but then it will just sit there...
  5. Unable to access insiders

in XboX Insiders
    Unable to access insiders: Hey team, I am currently unable to access the xbox insider hub, and when I try to report the problem it gives me an error code. The error code is "0x80070003" and when searching for the error code...
  6. unable to use code I puchased for 3 month subscription to xbox game pass

in XBoX on Consoles
    unable to use code I puchased for 3 month subscription to xbox game pass: I am unable to use the code for a 3 month subscription to xbox game pass I purchased Error something went wrong on our end. waiting a bit might help.I get the same error on xbox when I try to sign...
  7. Halo 5 unable to match

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo 5 unable to match: Hello I having some issues to find any game in any playlist on halo 5 my internet is good my NAT TYPE IS OPEN ALL THE SERVICES FROM NETWORK is avaiable i tried to play battlefield i have no...
  8. Unable to install Outer Worlds due to no applicable devices. Also unable to request refund.

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to install Outer Worlds due to no applicable devices. Also unable to request refund.: I just purchased the Outer Worlds on the microsoft store, but have been unable to install it. This is what comes up: [img] However, when I click "get more info" I can clearly see my PC there....
  9. Unable to get a Refund

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to get a Refund: I am unable to get a refund for a game, I just bought. I meet all the requirements but I still cannot get my refund. 66a5df11-dc2f-4c2d-a7fd-f63c6783b2ba
  10. Unable to request refund preorder

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to request refund preorder: I am unable to request refund(Forza Horizon 3 Standard edition). I am unable to contact support at all because the hours of operation are when I'm asleep and the xbox chat or requesting a call...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. get refund on anthem xbox