Unable to install Blu-ray app in alpha skip ahead on Series X

Discus and support Unable to install Blu-ray app in alpha skip ahead on Series X in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I’m on alpha skip ahead and when I first got my Series X, I was able to to watch 4K blu-rays. It started acting weird and would just show a black... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Jimbabwe77, Jan 10, 2022.

1. Unable to install Blu-ray app in alpha skip ahead on Series X

I’m on alpha skip ahead and when I first got my Series X, I was able to to watch 4K blu-rays. It started acting weird and would just show a black screen. I uninstalled the app and now when I try to install it, it just keeps saying installation stopped. I have tried the blu-ray player preview in the Xbox insider app and it does the same exact thing. Anyone else having this issue?

submitted by /u/Jimbabwe77
    [link] [comments]

/u/Jimbabwe77, Jan 10, 2022
  2. Mr Sleepyhead Win User

Unable to play Black Panther 4K?

Hi Jeremy,

I have uninstalled the app - inserted the disc and it recommend that I install the Blu-ray Player. So it does know its a Blu-ray disc it is just unable to load it.
  3. WUIJIBOBO Win User

What do you think about new, experimental dashboard?

In the alpha skip ahead, still no update. "Alpha Skip Ahead" clearly means something else... :')
  4. Stuart Fenton Win User

Unable to join Alpha-Skip Ahead

Unfortunately registration ended a couple of days ago - https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/06/29/alpha-skip-ahead-registrations-closed/
    If that is case then..... they shouldn't be sending out messages inviting you to join. Christ, I am starting to feel a bit pee'vd about the whole Microsoft experience just now. Over the Xbox console years.... from day 1, its been:

• 1st your an Ambassador
    • Then you get kicked
    • then its a stupid 1 day ban
    • Then your Insider
    • Promoted to Alpha Skip ahead program
    • Buy the new Xbox1X
    • download content to new Xbox1X
    • that includes the Insider Program
    • But hey.... NO Insider Alpha Skip Ahead
    And now the registrations are closed???? WHF?

Ok, I went over the top with the bullets.... Please bare in mind people, that I've just turned 46 and now fall into the category of grumpy bugg** .
  5. gds1972 Win User

Hi

Unfortunately once the Alpha Skip ahead tier reached capacity and they had to stop accepting additional new members. When the invites were sent out there would have been places available in the Alpha Skip ahead group however once these
    places filled up no additional members (even with invites) could join at this group.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/06/29/alpha-skip-ahead-registrations-closed/
  6. Smwutches Win User

Thema:

Unable to install Blu-ray app in alpha skip ahead on Series X

1. Unable to install Blu-ray app in alpha skip ahead on Series X - Similar Threads - Unable install Blu

2. Unable to install xbox game bar

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to install xbox game bar: [img] HEY GUYS my game bar was not opening so i uninstalled it and i tried to reinstall it this error come i can install all app remaining this app Method i tried to fix this - 1. ws reset 2....
  3. Unable to re-install Flight Simulator 2020

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to re-install Flight Simulator 2020: My motherboard or possibly CPU failed and I had to renew. As I had to do this I upgraded the components . The "new" PC was able to boot into Windows 11 (which I had upgraded to some weeks before...
  4. Unable to install Age of Empires 2 definitive edition on my D drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to install Age of Empires 2 definitive edition on my D drive: I've been trying to move AOE 2 DE from the C drive to the D, because I have 70 gb in C but 130 in D. Since I'm looking forward to buying AOE 4, I wanted to check if I could install a game in the...
  5. [PC] Sea of Thieves - Unable to move install folder or use 'Advanced installation and...

in XboX Insiders
    [PC] Sea of Thieves - Unable to move install folder or use 'Advanced installation and...: I'm getting the message: This game does not support installation to a specific folder. Everything else on (PC) Game Pass seems to be installing to my new custom folder now that I've enabled...
  6. Unable to install Minecraft

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to install Minecraft: hello, I just recently purchased the Mine craft for windows starter collection. I am able to open the Minecraft launcher however, I am prompted to buy the game. I can see the collection as being...
  7. Unable to install games, gets error 0x00000001 or no option to choose external device.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to install games, gets error 0x00000001 or no option to choose external device.: I bought xbox game pass for playing games, but my internal ssd didn't have space. There was no option to install games in my external hdd, the external hard drive is not showing in xbox app while...
  8. Unable to install the Xbox App from the Microsoft Store, or any app for that matter

in XboX Insiders
    Unable to install the Xbox App from the Microsoft Store, or any app for that matter: My friends recently all got new Series X's, so I have been trying to install the Xbox app so I can play games and chat with them but I keep getting error code 0x80070005. I've tried ever fix I...
  9. Unable to Join Game or Accept Invites on Sea of Thieves after installing Steam version

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to Join Game or Accept Invites on Sea of Thieves after installing Steam version: I posed the following questions to Rare (Sea of Thieves) and to Steam. At this point, I am not sure what I can do. I am hoping that someone here might have some suggestions. I play on PC and I...
  10. Overwatch Unable to Install - Disc possibly Unusable

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Overwatch Unable to Install - Disc possibly Unusable: When trying to insert my (honestly very old) disc copy of Overwatch Origins Edition (XB1), I keep getting the error that it is damaged and or unreadable. I tried to insert the disc, then tried...