Unable to install games that require admin privileges on xbox application

Discus and support Unable to install games that require admin privileges on xbox application in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have admin privileges on my account. However, whenever I try to install a game from the xbox application that requires admin permissions, it fails... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Bloodman900, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Bloodman900
    Bloodman900 Guest

I have admin privileges on my account. However, whenever I try to install a game from the xbox application that requires admin permissions, it fails and shows the error 0x80070057

:)

Bloodman900, Apr 6, 2020
  2. Ricardo Cintra Win User

Xbox Game App Admin Rechte (Prey, Metro Exodus)[Translation-Xbox Game App Admin Rights (Prey, Metro Exodus)]

Hi, the game is ask to you make some update?

Try make this:

Restart the Xbox Game App with Admin Privileges so then try install the updated
  3. chromeragnarok Win User

Game Pass PC can't start games, shows Gaming Services instead.

Yep tried it and it didn't work. And we should not be requiring an admin privilege though.
  4. MrIndivisible Win User

Cant install Outer worlds

Done all that, install button is greyed out, same with the Xbox beta app. I have admin privileges.
  5. monsterfurby Win User

Error 0x80070005 On xbox game pass

This seems to be tied to UAC - if UAC is turned off, Store and the Xbox App seem to not be able to install games that require admin privileges.

Why they would build it that way and force us to use UAC is beyond me, to be honest - but activating it and rebooting (UAC changes don't apply until reboot) fixed it for me.
  6. darkist1 Win User

How do i update games from game pass pc

Hi AuzoW,

You can try these steps :

If you can’t install Game Pass Games on your PC, follow these suggestions:

1. Check if you have the right Game Pass
    2. Clear Cache of Xbox Game Pass App
    3. Update to the latest Windows 10 version
    4. Admin privileges for Games
    5. Give Admin privileges for Games
    6. Check Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter
    7. Repair Game if it keeps crashing or doesn’t work
    8. Cannot Sign in to Xbox Live
Thema:

1. Unable to install games that require admin privileges on xbox application - Similar Threads - Unable install games

2. Unable to complete installation of Age of Empires Def Edition on PC from Game Pass

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to complete installation of Age of Empires Def Edition on PC from Game Pass: As the subject says, i'm trying to install AOE Def Edition on my pc but it gets to 82% every time and then stops. It never progresses past this point. I've cancelled it and tried re-installing it...
  3. Unable to install any games, and the games I had installed aren't playing

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to install any games, and the games I had installed aren't playing: Error Code 0x80242020 when trying to download game on Xbox(Beta), this has now been happening for almost a week. At first it wouldn't let me play the games I had downloaded, now it starts...
  4. Games Appearing In Sidebar While Not Installed, Unable To Install Them

in XBoX on Windows
    Games Appearing In Sidebar While Not Installed, Unable To Install Them: I bought a new PC a couple of months ago and moved one of my HDDs from my old system to my new one when I was setting it up. I had used the drive to install some of the games from gamepass on it,...
  5. Unable to install the games from Xbox gaming pass PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to install the games from Xbox gaming pass PC: Unable to install the games from Xbox gaming pass PC. Whenever I try to install games from either Microsoft store or Xbox Gaming Pass for PC I get this error message "Something Unexpected...
  6. Unable to install a digital game I own

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to install a digital game I own: Hi, I own the standard digital copy of Shadow of the Tomb Raider. I haven't played the game for a few months but tried to install the game yesterday and today but can't. The game isn't showing in...
  7. i bought a game but am unable to install it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i bought a game but am unable to install it: [img] [img] I bought subnautica from the Microsoft store but when I press install it says the thing you are looking for is not here. c797707a-3e0a-4ff3-946d-62545d8569d0
  8. Unable to Effectively Install Games

in XboX Insiders
    Unable to Effectively Install Games: I began having this issue this morning when I tried to update Call of Duty Modern Warfare. When I began the update, it was moving uncharacteristically slow. So, I tried the normal solutions like...
  9. Impossibile installare gioco [Edit - Translation] - Unable to install game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Impossibile installare gioco [Edit - Translation] - Unable to install game: Salve, ho comprato un gioco sullo store, ma al momento dell'installazione mi si apre una finestra con scritto "non disponi di un dispositivo valido collegato al tuo account" ma andando a...
  10. Xbox One unable to download system update or install any type of game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One unable to download system update or install any type of game: Hi All, want to check if anyone has a solution for the problem here. Have been trying to install the console system updates, but it always get stuck for hours and I have to hard restart the...