Unable to install most games via Xbox App on PC - 0x8007065e

Discus and support Unable to install most games via Xbox App on PC - 0x8007065e in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hey, I'm unable to install all games which have "Administrator approval required for installation". When it's supposed to start downloading it... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Kim Dude, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Kim Dude
    Kim Dude Guest

Hey,

I'm unable to install all games which have "Administrator approval required for installation".

When it's supposed to start downloading it stops and gives the error message "Something unexpected happened" with the error code 0x8007065e.

What I've tried to fix this:

- ran everything as administrator

- made a new local profile to make sure I have administrator privileges

- reset Store Apps

- checked system files with SFC

- reinstalled the 1903 Update

- tried installing games on both drives, which both have enough space

- restarted my PC.

I would very much appreciate help. I'm looking forward to playing Outer Worlds and the other great games through the Game Pass subscription.

***Moved from Gaming on Windows 10***

:)

Kim Dude, Oct 29, 2019
  2. Kim Dude Win User

For some reason, using the command in PowerShell is not deinstalling the Xbox App. Also, I have multiple PowerShell apps on my PC: PowerShell, PowerShell (x86), PowerShell ISE, Power Shell ISE (x86). I've tried the command in all of them but it won't deinstall
    the app. I could deinstall it through Settings -> Apps but I don't know if that will suffice!?
  3. Rivgil Win User

Yes you can try to do it from Settings. You should open the Windows Powershell app not the ISE. Let me know how it goes.
  4. Rivgil Win User

Sorry to know that. In this case , we'll try to reinstall the Xbox app instead. Please type in Powershell on the search field. Right click on it and choose Run as admin. Copy and paste this command

Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.XboxApp | Remove-AppxPackage

Wait till the process is done and then type "exit" to close PowerShell. Then reboot your computer.

You can reinstall the Xbox app from the Microsoft store or do it thru the powershell again. Just cipy and paste the command below to reinstall

Get-AppxPackage -allusers | foreach {Add-AppxPackage -register "$($_.InstallLocation)\appxmanifest.xml" -DisableDevelopmentMode}

Exit powershell again then reboot the pc. See if that works. Let me know how that goes.
  5. Rivgil Win User

Hi, this is . An independent advisor. Sorry if this may caused any trouble. I'll be more than willing to help. I understand you've already did some steps. Was there any failed updates when you run the updates?

Could you please try to disable your anti-virus temporarily and try to install the games again and see if it's the same?

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

6. Rivgil Win User

I see. Have you tried to repair the Xbox app? If not, from Settings > Apps and then click on the Xbox App.

Click on Advanced and then click on Repair.
Thema:

1. Unable to install most games via Xbox App on PC - 0x8007065e - Similar Threads - Unable install games

2. Unable to install a game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to install a game: Dear sir/madam I am trying to download the new modern warfare but when i click download it says “modern warfare is 10GB you will need to free up space” so i clicked free space and uninstalled a...
  3. Unable to play "Installed" games from GamePass PC ( I'm Lost)

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to play "Installed" games from GamePass PC ( I'm Lost): Hello, I don't know what to do anymore. Wall of text incoming. I was playing The Outer Worlds on PC with GamePass. After a few days I wanted to change some ini files in the game to disable...
  4. Unable to install/play Gears 5 after download (Xbox PC Game Pass)

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to install/play Gears 5 after download (Xbox PC Game Pass): Hi folks, Gears 5 was previously working on my PC. I did a reformat for unrelated reasons and reinstalled Gears 5. The Xbox app indicated the download was done, but presented me with the Install...
  5. Game Installed but Not Registering as Installed, Unable to Be Reinstalled

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Installed but Not Registering as Installed, Unable to Be Reinstalled: I installed a game (Okami HD) from a disc a few days ago and as far as I know the installation went fine but when I went to play the game today, it gave me the error message saying it needed to...
  6. Win10 Xbox App unable to install or uninstall certain games

in XBoX on Windows
    Win10 Xbox App unable to install or uninstall certain games: So an issue I encountered today. I try to launch Gears 5 on my system to find that a certain descriptor file does not exist and it wont launch. I go through the motions of rebooting and checking...
  7. Impossible d'installé l'application Xbox game pass sur pc[Translation-Unable to install...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Impossible d'installé l'application Xbox game pass sur pc[Translation-Unable to install...: Bloqué sur l'installation… [Translation-Blocked on installation...] [img] 719e55a1-bc09-414e-83a1-f85475b93fe7
  8. Unable to install/Download games and updates

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to install/Download games and updates: Hey everyone. So I've been having this problem which I know some people had in the past with installing and downloading games and updates on my Xbox. It started 2 days ago with an update to...
  9. Unable to install Xbox Play Anywhere Game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to install Xbox Play Anywhere Game: Hi! I got a code for Forza Horizon 4, and I have verified that is an Xbox Play Anywhere game, however, I'm getting issues and got a message saying "There are no available devices". By the way, my...
  10. Unable to install purchase game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to install purchase game: After purchasing Minecraft Mater Collection, I am unable to install in my PC. It says "It looks like you don't have any applicable device(s)linked to yo Microsoft account. To install sign in on a...