Unable to install/play Gears 5 after download (Xbox PC Game Pass)

Discus and support Unable to install/play Gears 5 after download (Xbox PC Game Pass) in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi folks, Gears 5 was previously working on my PC. I did a reformat for unrelated reasons and reinstalled Gears 5. The Xbox app indicated the download... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Zenninom, Oct 13, 2019.

1. Zenninom
    Zenninom Guest

Hi folks,

Gears 5 was previously working on my PC. I did a reformat for unrelated reasons and reinstalled Gears 5. The Xbox app indicated the download was done, but presented me with the Install button. Clicking the install button initiates the download gain, then
    it stops, notifies me the game is ready, but only shows me the Install button. This is an endless cycle..

Windows 10 is up to date. All drivers are up to date. This worked on my PC prior to reformatting. Nothing else unusual is running in the background aside from the Xbox game app itself. No additional virus scanners are running, nada. There is plenty of space
    on the installation drive for the game (800+gb free).

Restarting the app, rebooting, nothing has helped. Googling hasn't brought me to anything like this issue.

Any one have any ideas?

If it helps, the PC is an AMD 1950x threadripper with 64gb ram, 2080ti, 2 nvme drives and 2 ssd drives.

:)

Zenninom, Oct 13, 2019
  2. XA JJKILLERs Win User

Gears of War 5 Ultimate edition not playable on Xbox with xbox game pass ultimate

I am having trouble with your Gears of War 5 release. I upgraded my xbox game pass account to xbox game pass ultimate and pre installed Gears of War 5. When I tried playing at midnight, the game was not allowed to be played. Not only that I was
    not able to play it, it did not download the ultimate edition with all the character packs that go along with it. I tried then installing it on my PC and it was downloading all the dlc that came with the ultimate edition. What is going on with the release
    of gears of war 5 on xbox?
    Going to have to wait till its been relested
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

It looks like you don't have any applicable devices linked to your Microsoft account. To install, sign in on a device with your Microsoft account.

Hi,

You need the Game Pass application installed on your PC to download Gears 5 with the subscription, it can't be installed from the Windows Store.
  4. Zenninom Win User

Check this link for a possible solution: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/game-setup/troubleshoot-games-windows-10
    Yep, all tried. I can't uninstall Gears 5 because it keeps claiming it needs to be installed, then immediately says its ready to play but won't show me the play button.

I'm trying the powershell part now of uninstalling/reinstalling the gaming services. Right now its hanging on trying to start the donwload of the gaming services. I will post again if it goes through. Not sure why its hanging.

As a side note, I tried installing a different game (Surviving Mars) and it worked just fine. Downloaded, and let me play as expected.

As an update, my PC is refusing to re-install the gaming services now. It just hangs at the download and never actually proceeds.

Does anyone have any insight as to what is going on here?
  5. Zenninom Win User

6. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Thema:

1. Unable to install/play Gears 5 after download (Xbox PC Game Pass) - Similar Threads - Unable install play

2. Unable to install Outer Worlds due to no applicable devices. Also unable to request refund.

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to install Outer Worlds due to no applicable devices. Also unable to request refund.: I just purchased the Outer Worlds on the microsoft store, but have been unable to install it. This is what comes up: [img] However, when I click "get more info" I can clearly see my PC there....
  3. Unable to install a game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to install a game: Dear sir/madam I am trying to download the new modern warfare but when i click download it says “modern warfare is 10GB you will need to free up space” so i clicked free space and uninstalled a...
  4. Unable to install Minecraft (Bedrock Edition) after uninstall

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to install Minecraft (Bedrock Edition) after uninstall: Hi, Minecraft on my Xbox One was not connecting to my Realm due to the game being out of date (1.12 vs 1.13). After checking for an update for a few days I eventually decided to attempt an...
  5. Unable to play "Installed" games from GamePass PC ( I'm Lost)

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to play "Installed" games from GamePass PC ( I'm Lost): Hello, I don't know what to do anymore. Wall of text incoming. I was playing The Outer Worlds on PC with GamePass. After a few days I wanted to change some ini files in the game to disable...
  6. Unable to install most games via Xbox App on PC - 0x8007065e

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to install most games via Xbox App on PC - 0x8007065e: Hey, I'm unable to install all games which have "Administrator approval required for installation". When it's supposed to start downloading it stops and gives the error message "Something...
  7. Unable to install Xbox Beta App (PC)

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to install Xbox Beta App (PC): As the title says, I have been unable to install the Xbox PC Beta app, and as a result, am unable to download or play Games Pass Ultimate games. No matter what I do I have been unable to get the...
  8. Unable to install Xbox Play Anywhere Game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to install Xbox Play Anywhere Game: Hi! I got a code for Forza Horizon 4, and I have verified that is an Xbox Play Anywhere game, however, I'm getting issues and got a message saying "There are no available devices". By the way, my...
  9. Friend Unable to Play Installed DLC for Black Ops 2 on Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Friend Unable to Play Installed DLC for Black Ops 2 on Xbox One: Hello. As the title says, my friend has installed the DLC for Black Ops 2, seems to have everything where it should be. However, whenever he loads up Black Ops and tries to play zombies, it won’t...
  10. Dead or Alive 5 Last Round - Xbox One - unable to install/play correctly. not recognizing full ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dead or Alive 5 Last Round - Xbox One - unable to install/play correctly. not recognizing full ...: I am unable to play Dead or Alive 5 Last Round on Xbox One. I have tried reinstall the CD... restarting... etc. Basically my xbox does not realize I own the disc.. It keeps defaulting to the...