Unable to install Xbox Beta App (PC)

Discus and support Unable to install Xbox Beta App (PC) in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; As the title says, I have been unable to install the Xbox PC Beta app, and as a result, am unable to download or play Games Pass Ultimate games. No... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by bmohan77, Oct 29, 2019.

1. bmohan77
    bmohan77 Guest

As the title says, I have been unable to install the Xbox PC Beta app, and as a result, am unable to download or play Games Pass Ultimate games. No matter what I do I have been unable to get the app to install, instead I always get this message.

Unable to install Xbox Beta App (PC) [​IMG]

I have done the following to try and remedy this:

1. Run as administrator
    2. Verify that my system is up to date to 1903
    3. Restart the computer
    4. Install through the store (I get the same error code there too)
    5. Clear the Microsoft Store cache
    6. Reset all Microsoft store data
    7. Run wsreset.exe
    8. Uninstall all other Xbox apps (console companion, game services, etc.) and reinstall
    9. Run store troubleshooter
    10. Do a repair install of Windows
    I have still not had any luck. I would appreciate any help figuring out why it won't install.

:)

bmohan77, Oct 29, 2019
  2. Yombi GS Win User

Cant install games on PC Gamepass beta

Did you installed the Xbox(beta) app to your PC?
  3. Christyna64 Win User

Xbox Game Pass Games Asking To Install On Devices?

Are you using the Xbox (beta) app on PC to install Gamepass games?
  4. bmohan77 Win User

I ran SCF and it did nothing. What ended up working for me somehow as far as I can tell was uninstalling/resetting every Xbox app installed and the Microsoft Store itself. I uninstalled some using the following powershell commands:

Get-AppxPackage -name "Microsoft.XboxGameCallableUI" | Remove-AppxPackage

Get-AppxPackage -name "Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider" | Remove-AppxPackage

Get-AppxPackage -name "Microsoft.XboxApp" | Remove-AppxPackage

I then installed the Xbox Identity provider, Gaming Services, and then the Xbox Beta App was able to install. Finally I am able to play which was the whole point of this.
  5. G v zauBerBerg Win User

Hi bmohan77,

sorry to hear. The error code 0x80070005 is not a small matter, it indicates major errors in your OS. (It is also important that the correct order is observed during the repair work.) In your case, it would probably be most time-saving

to reset the OS

But if you want to rescue your system try this:

System File Checker (SFC): You have to run it from the command prompt with administrator privileges.

The application checks all system files and then immediately starts an attempt to repair found bad files. In any case, SFC records all the results so that you can alternatively replace the damaged data yourself.To use the scan program,:

Open the command prompt as an administrator:

1. Go to Windows Search from the Start menu (Windows icon).
    2. Type "cmd" and then right-click on the entry "Prompt".
    3. Select the "Run as Administrator" menu item.
    4. Now insert the following command line into the command line: sfc /scannow
    5. Confirm your entry by pressing Enter to start the verification process. Leave the command prompt window open until the check is complete and SFC has notified you of the results.

• Then please check your hard disk (Type in the following command which will run a check disk.
      chkdsk F: /r/f and hit Enter)
    • Then make sure again Windows has the
      latest update: Select
      check for updates now, and then select Check for updates. Or, select the Start button, then select Settings/Update & Security/Windows Update/Check
      for Updates. If there is an available update, select Install now.
    • Check also if there are Updates pending in the Store APP: Select the Start
      button, and then from the apps list, select Microsoft Store. In Microsoft Store, select See more/Downloads and updates/Get updates.
      If an update for Microsoft Store is available, it will start installing automatically.
    Now you should reboot your system and try again if you can install XBOX (Beta).

Hope this helps and please keep us informed
  6. Buachaill Dona Win User

Games doesn't launch with xbox game pass for PC

Hi there,

The only thing I could suggest is to see if installing the games from the MS store website or MS store app instead of the Xbox Beta app. As the Gamepass PC app is still in beta and that might be the issue.
Thema:

1. Unable to install Xbox Beta App (PC) - Similar Threads - Unable install Beta

2. Unable to install Outer Worlds due to no applicable devices. Also unable to request refund.

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to install Outer Worlds due to no applicable devices. Also unable to request refund.: I just purchased the Outer Worlds on the microsoft store, but have been unable to install it. This is what comes up: [img] However, when I click "get more info" I can clearly see my PC there....
  3. Unable to install a game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to install a game: Dear sir/madam I am trying to download the new modern warfare but when i click download it says “modern warfare is 10GB you will need to free up space” so i clicked free space and uninstalled a...
  4. Unable to install Minecraft (Bedrock Edition) after uninstall

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to install Minecraft (Bedrock Edition) after uninstall: Hi, Minecraft on my Xbox One was not connecting to my Realm due to the game being out of date (1.12 vs 1.13). After checking for an update for a few days I eventually decided to attempt an...
  5. Unable to play "Installed" games from GamePass PC ( I'm Lost)

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to play "Installed" games from GamePass PC ( I'm Lost): Hello, I don't know what to do anymore. Wall of text incoming. I was playing The Outer Worlds on PC with GamePass. After a few days I wanted to change some ini files in the game to disable...
  6. Unable to install most games via Xbox App on PC - 0x8007065e

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to install most games via Xbox App on PC - 0x8007065e: Hey, I'm unable to install all games which have "Administrator approval required for installation". When it's supposed to start downloading it stops and gives the error message "Something...
  7. Unable to cancel an installation on Xbox Beta Pc

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to cancel an installation on Xbox Beta Pc: I have an Xbox pc pass 3 months. Problem is whenever I restart my pc the installation begins and I have to cancel it again. The current game im trying to cancel is Gears 5...
  8. Unable to install the overwatch beta

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to install the overwatch beta: Hello, I have the Overwatch: Origins Edition Pre-Order Bundle purchased and installed....but when I try to download the beta it says, "bundle only," where it normally says...
  9. unable to install minecraft edition beta windows 10

in XBoX Games and Apps
    unable to install minecraft edition beta windows 10: hi, i bought minecraft windows 10 beta edition on oct 2015.....i formatted my laptop recently and was unable to install back d game as it requires me to buy d game again......cn any1 help with me...
  10. Unable to install Halo 5 Beta

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to install Halo 5 Beta: I just got an Xbox One and the Master Chief Collection, and the option to install the Halo 5 MP Beta is greyed out. I've tried again at a later point, but it still doesn't work. What do I do?...