Unable to join game cross-platform (no visible game invite)?

Discus and support Unable to join game cross-platform (no visible game invite)? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; My friend is playing Mincecraft on XBOX 360 and I'm on the Windows 10 version. I've added him as a friend on the Xbox console companion, but he also... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by EmilyS_172, Nov 5, 2019.

1. EmilyS_172
    EmilyS_172 Guest

My friend is playing Mincecraft on XBOX 360 and I'm on the Windows 10 version. I've added him as a friend on the Xbox console companion, but he also sent me a friend request which is still marked as pending despite him appearing as a friend on my screen.
    He's tried inviting me to an xbox party and I got no notification, I've tried inviting him to my game and he has no notification - how can we join a game together?

:)

EmilyS_172, Nov 5, 2019
  2. EmilyS_172 Win User

Hi, thank you for your response. I had read an article about the Better Together update that said it would include Xbox for cross-platforming (didn't specify that Xbox 360 wouldn't be included) - guess I should have done some more digging. I already had
    the java version of Minecraft and only bought bedrock to play together - do you know if I can get a refund now for the bedrock version of Minecraft?
  3. ThisGameIsSucky Win User

The "Better Together" update was an update that rolled out somewhere along side the "Aquatic" update. What this did was cross platform for Xbox One and Windows 10 on the version of Minecraft known as "Bedrock Edition" which is also technically considered
    the Windows 10 version. "Better Together" allowed for anyone that had the version of Minecraft known as "Xbox One Edition" (which is the older Xbox One version that came before Bedrock that was built off of the Xbox 360 version) could upgrade for free so they
    could play the new W10/Bedrock version. The Xbox 360 Version hasn't been supported since about the "Aquatic" update and I believe that was almost 2 years ago.

This official Minecraft FAQ from a few years about the update should be very clear. I'd take the time to read it!

https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/article/better-together-faq
  4. drintath Win User

5. drintath Win User

6. vipersniper1984 Win User

PC join xbox live game session

Games arent cross platforming, so you have to join games on your platform.
Thema:

1. Unable to join game cross-platform (no visible game invite)? - Similar Threads - Unable join game

2. Forza Horizon 4: Unable to join game sessions. (Teredo can't connect)

in XBoX on Windows
    Forza Horizon 4: Unable to join game sessions. (Teredo can't connect): Hello, I've been having issues with connecting to multiplayer games such as Forza Horizon 4's Horizon Life, or Minecraft Dungeons' multiplayer. I've looked at the XBOX networking settings and it...
  3. Unable to Join or Invite Xbox playing friends to games from Windows 10 Xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to Join or Invite Xbox playing friends to games from Windows 10 Xbox app: I recently got Game Pass Ultimate for PC and thought I would be able to play cross platform with other xbox users. So far have only been able to join and invite on the games Deep Rock Galactic and...
  4. Unable to join MP games through Xbox Game Pass on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to join MP games through Xbox Game Pass on PC: I've tried and troubleshooted the issues following the "unable to join party in game pass" threads with limited success. The issue began when I couldn't join parties in game pass on pc. I went...
  5. Unable to join other multiplayer games

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to join other multiplayer games: Other people can join my Minecraft game but I am unable to join theirs. I can see active friends online but when I go to join it gives me a "Failure to Join". Any suggestions? Thanks, Zander...
  6. Unable to join game with friends while on PC if they are on PC or Xbox.

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to join game with friends while on PC if they are on PC or Xbox.: I have downloaded the new beta app, reinstalled the old and game bar but no luck. I am also unable to join or create a party. I am showing as being online and myself and friends are getting the...
  7. Unable to join friend’s game through xbox side bar

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to join friend’s game through xbox side bar: Im unable to join all of my friends game session, and they are all in public sessions, as seen from the attachment below, the “join game” option is greyed out. I have done a soft reset on my...
  8. Error Code: 103 "Unable To Join" on certain Roblox games available on XBOX.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error Code: 103 "Unable To Join" on certain Roblox games available on XBOX.: So recently I've been finding it fun to type in certain phrases or words while searching for games to play on the console version of ROBLOX. The problem is that recently I'm unable to join a game...
  9. Unable to join friends game through xbox side bar

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to join friends game through xbox side bar: Im unable to join all of my friends game session, and they are all in public sessions, as seen from the attachment below, the “join game” option is greyed out. I have done a soft reset on my...
  10. Unable to join husbands game lobby

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to join husbands game lobby: Hi, my husband husband ahs an xbox X and I have the one slim. I have set up game sharing and gold sharing and I can play online using his gold. Our issue is that we can not join eachothers game....