Unable to launch Halo MCC via Cloud Gaming on PC Xbox app

Discus and support Unable to launch Halo MCC via Cloud Gaming on PC Xbox app in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I am able to launch every game on Xbox Cloud Gaming on my Xbox App for PC except for Halo MCC. Previously I was able to launch and play it... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by wagyu beef, Aug 20, 2022.

1. wagyu beef
    wagyu beef Guest

I am able to launch every game on Xbox Cloud Gaming on my Xbox App for PC except for Halo MCC. Previously I was able to launch and play it successfully, but now the launch banner will not load; it just shows up blank.

Unable to launch Halo MCC via Cloud Gaming on PC Xbox app [​IMG]

For the record, this is what I expect to see when I select a game:

Unable to launch Halo MCC via Cloud Gaming on PC Xbox app [​IMG]

I have tried restarting the Xbox app and restarting my PC to no avail.

Version

4.67.21001.0 (Gaming Services)

5.822.6271.0 (Xbox Game Bar)

Please assist.

:)

wagyu beef, Aug 20, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Wagyu

In order to isolate a bit more the issue, please try running the game via xbox.com/play

Let me know if there the game starts as usual.

If yes, may I know which troubleshooting steps you have done so far to fix this?

In that way I can advise you different things or how to proceed.

And are you on Windows 10 or 11?

--------------

In the meantime, try this together:

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update;

Click Check for Updates;

Click the Download and Install Now option, if available (Install optional updates as well)

Also, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services and update everything too.

Now, sign out from your account on both Xbox app and Microsoft Store and do this:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then reset

Then do the same for the Xbox app:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for Xbox app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then reset

Finally do this:

Step 1: Open the Run window by pressing Windows + R key.

Step 2: Input WSReset.exe in the Run window and click OK.

Step 3: Then a command prompt window will appear. After a few seconds, Windows Store will open.

Sign in again on both Microsoft store and Xbox app with your account and try again
  3. gregchelmo Win User

Halo Master Chief Collection - can't launch any games

Hi Christopher - thank you for the response.

Okay, I've uninstalled the xbox app completely and I then launched MCC from the start menu and the MS Store and all the games are still showing as locked out.

I've tried launching Reach and Halo 4 directly from the installed page on the MS Store but that doesn't seem to trigger anything.

I've tried reinstalling the xbox app and launching halo 4 from there and it's the same problem.

I've tried launching it in the cloud and that does work, all the games are unlocked.

Any ideas?

Thanks
  4. Farscape247 Win User

Halo 1 requires 182 GB to install?

it is because its part of the halo MCC, you need the base part which is halo MCC then the individual games so it reserves space for them, halo 1 on pc for instance is 8.58GB and then add on the MCC base game it becomes 30.08GB.

halo mcc consists of all the games which take 142GB of space on pc so it saves this space aside, when you install hmcc and just one of the games which is also split into multiplayer and campaign it looks like it still reserves the space, this is what i have seen on xbox and gamepass pc, when i install via steam and just choose one of the games to be installed then the space taken is just by mcc and that one game.
  5. [ A J ] Win User

Halo Master Chief collection crashes

Hi, Steven! thank you for reaching out.

My name is AJ, I'm an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.

I'm sorry to hear you've been experiencing some issues with Halo Reach.

These are some things you could try.

1) Power cycle:

- Press and hold the Xbox button on your console for 10 seconds, until it shuts down.

- Unplug the power cord from your console for 3 minutes.

- Plug everything back together and turn your console on.

2) Delete local saved data for Halo MCC:

- Go to My games & apps > Halo MCC > Manage Game and Add-ons > Saved data > Select your profile > Delete from Console.

- Launch the game again.

* If your console has been constantly connected to the Internet and the Xbox Network, your saved data for this game should be backed up on the cloud and ready to resync with your console the next time you launch Halo MCC.

3) Delete reserved space:

- Launch the game.

- Without quitting it, go to My games and apps > Halo MCC > Manage Game & add-ons > Saved data > if you see "Reserved Space", click on it and delete it.

- Launch the game again.

4) Do a soft factory reset keeping games and apps:

- Go to Settings > System > Console Info > Reset console > Keep games and apps.

* Resetting your console to its factory defaults erases all accounts, saved games, settings, and home Xbox associations. Anything not synchronized with Xbox Live will be lost. If your console has been constantly connected to the internet and Xbox Live services, your saved data should be backed up on the cloud.

5) Reinstall Halo Reach

6) Reinstall all of Halo MCC.

I hope these help!

Best regards.
  6. WPAK Win User

Xbox App doesnt work. Javascript error on start

Thema:

1. Unable to launch Halo MCC via Cloud Gaming on PC Xbox app - Similar Threads - Unable launch Halo

2. Unable to launch Sniper Elite 5 from the xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to launch Sniper Elite 5 from the xbox app: Unable to launch Sniper Elite 5 from the xbox app. I am on a PC, with xbox game pass ultimate and on Windows 10. When I launch the game, it keeps opening the Store app and keeps bringing me to the...
  3. i am Unable to launch game after 1st launch

in XBoX on Consoles
    i am Unable to launch game after 1st launch: I recently installed Dishonored® Definitive Edition (PC), The game launches fine the first time after installation, every time after however I am left with a popup saying [This app cant open -...
  4. Unable to launch any games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to launch any games: I am unable to launch any games, it redirected me to MS store Gaming Services I don't know what is it for as I don't have the option to install it [img] 649864c7-35a1-4b21-920d-387f8d103d36
  5. Unable to launch certain games more than once on Game Pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to launch certain games more than once on Game Pass: I am running Windows 10, and Windows Update says that I am up to date. I signed up for Game Pass 2 days ago. The game I am trying to play through Game Pass is Hardspace: Shipbreaker. It installs...
  6. Unable to launch insider hub NARAKA + ALL PC Game Pass games since Windows 11 update...

in XboX Insiders
    Unable to launch insider hub NARAKA + ALL PC Game Pass games since Windows 11 update...: I just tried to install the insider NARAKA preview and it wouldn't launch so I installed three other games and they won't run either. Already installed games work fine but all newly installed...
  7. Unable to launch Sniper Elite 5

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to launch Sniper Elite 5: Hello everyone! I just downloaded Sniper Elite 5 but I have the following problem: When I launch the game an error window opens telling me that Windows could not access the file because I did...
  8. Unable to Launch Halo Infinite on Windows 11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to Launch Halo Infinite on Windows 11: Hello, Like many others I am unable to launch Halo Infinite on Windows 11. I previously was playing the Halo Infinite Multiplayer prior to the release of the campaign, this worked perfectly. I...
  9. Unable to launch Halo Infinite from Xbox app on windows 11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to launch Halo Infinite from Xbox app on windows 11: Hello, Like the title says I cannot launch halo infinite from Xbox app on windows 11. I am a games pass subscriber, so I have access to play the game. I know that I have the proper drivers and...
  10. Unable to launch Halo Infinite Multiplayer on Xbox app but can do so on Steam

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to launch Halo Infinite Multiplayer on Xbox app but can do so on Steam: I mentioned Steam because at this point I know that my computer is not an issue. Specs include 3060ti, Ryzen 5 5600x 16gb ram. I play many games on this pc besides Halo so I know it's not a...