Unable to play a title I bought to own while I had gold

Discus and support Unable to play a title I bought to own while I had gold in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; About a Year and 2 months ago, Metal Gear Solid V was available for free through Games with Gold, so I installed it. I liked the game so much, that, a... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ilehman86, Oct 25, 2019.

1. ilehman86
    ilehman86 Guest

About a Year and 2 months ago, Metal Gear Solid V was available for free through Games with Gold, so I installed it. I liked the game so much, that, a few months later, I
    bought the MGSV definitive edition to own, with money, meaning I own the base game itself and should be able to play it without a Live Gold subscription. I know I definitely own it, because a game redeemed for free from Gold
    subscription has an option to "buy to own". From the storefront page for the title, it says "you own this product" instead of providing the option"buy to own," meaning I own it even without a gold subscription, because I paid for it.

Now, just today, my gold subscription ended, and I went to play it. It now tells me that I must renew my subscription; it should not require Gold subscription, because I certainly own it. Right now I'm trying uninstalling it from the "subscriptions"
    tab under the "My games & apps" menu, and installing it from the store page I bought the definitive edition from.

My question is: Should this not be occurring? If I bought the game to own, then why would it still require gold subscription?

:)

ilehman86, Oct 25, 2019
  2. ilehman86 Win User

Thanks for the prompt reply. As I was attempting to reinstall the software, I noticed the store wasnt loading anything. I see that there's an currently issues with Purchase and Content, and I'll try reinstalling when the issue is resolved. However, I still
    dont think the issue should occur, but hopefully reinstalling will resolve the issue. If the issue persists, I'll be sure to contact support to notify them.
  3. Picasso3956 Win User

Xbox services are currently experiencing an outage. You can follow along the situation at the Xbox Support Twitter
  4. BakyOsijekHr Win User

A thing for support.

When you go to Contact Us, follow these steps to request a call
    from support:

· Step 1 ----select Xbox One

· Step 2 ----select see other options then payment and billing

· Step 3-----select show contact options

Step 4 ----select request call from support

I can see now live has a problem. Go here and press "notify me" when the problem is solved. If your problem persists then contact support.
  5. SA1NT 0F LI3S Win User

6. Onyx Is Here Win User

Xbox Live not working in a Backward Compatible game (XBOX 360 game) on XBOX One

If you are sharing a gold membership via the Home setting then I'm afraid that gold membership does not follow you to a backwards compatible title. If you want to use online features while playing a BC title you would need to have your own membership
Thema:

1. Unable to play a title I bought to own while I had gold - Similar Threads - Unable play title

2. UNable to play FALLOUT 76 full xbox gaming pass for PC

in XBoX on Windows
    UNable to play FALLOUT 76 full xbox gaming pass for PC: [img] Error code is totally not find any article on internet , so i dont know what's going on , i just want to play a game , Windows and the apps is updated. 28b7e608-84e6-4033-8c0a-a269fb7c7a06
  3. Remote Play Issue - unable to remote play on Xbox One X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote Play Issue - unable to remote play on Xbox One X: I have two Xbox consoles (Xbox One and a Xbox One X), I tried setting up remote play on my One X and it will go through the settings and connect but all I could do was manage the installed games...
  4. Unable to play multiplayer.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to play multiplayer.: For some unknown reason I am unable to play multiplayer on call of duty modern warfare. I completed the campaign when it first came out and played in all seasons. About 3 weeks ago there was an...
  5. After I play a round on PGA 2k21 I am unable to advance. Anyone else have this issue?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    After I play a round on PGA 2k21 I am unable to advance. Anyone else have this issue?: I press advance and it just sits there and eventually I get a message that there is no internet connection even though my internet is fine and there were no issues during the round. This never...
  6. Unable to play any games disc games don’t update can’t download purchases

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to play any games disc games don’t update can’t download purchases: [img] Greetings all. I’m having this maddening issue with my Xbox one since an firmware auto update a few months ago. 1) Games installed via disc will copy and install just fine but once i try...
  7. Unable to play xbox 360 game in xbox one s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to play xbox 360 game in xbox one s: Dear team and friends, I recently purchased xbox one s roboto edition just to play my favourite game HALO. For this I simultaneously purchased HALO 3 game CD with my xbox one. But as I insert...
  8. unable to play minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    unable to play minecraft: so I was trying to playing minecraft and then it showed "You’re at the limit for the number of devices that can be used with games and apps from the Store." so I taped "my devices" but then there...
  9. Unable to play games which I have purchased

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to play games which I have purchased: I purchased murdered soul suspect, played it deleted it , it then became available on games with gold. Today I downloaded it again but now its says I have to purchase it again or buy it. The game...
  10. I am unable to play games on the Xbox Game Pass (PC). It tells me game services are down,...

in XBoX on Windows
    I am unable to play games on the Xbox Game Pass (PC). It tells me game services are down,...: To start, I recently tried playing Fallout 76, but was met with a no multiplayer privilege error. I had installed this game on a separate SSD which was a known issue, so I reinstalled on my C (OS)...