Unable to play a title I bought to own while I had gold

Discus and support Unable to play a title I bought to own while I had gold in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; About a Year and 2 months ago, Metal Gear Solid V was available for free through Games with Gold, so I installed it. I liked the game so much, that, a... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ilehman86, Oct 25, 2019.

1. ilehman86
    ilehman86 Guest

About a Year and 2 months ago, Metal Gear Solid V was available for free through Games with Gold, so I installed it. I liked the game so much, that, a few months later, I
    bought the MGSV definitive edition to own, with money, meaning I own the base game itself and should be able to play it without a Live Gold subscription. I know I definitely own it, because a game redeemed for free from Gold
    subscription has an option to "buy to own". From the storefront page for the title, it says "you own this product" instead of providing the option"buy to own," meaning I own it even without a gold subscription, because I paid for it.

Now, just today, my gold subscription ended, and I went to play it. It now tells me that I must renew my subscription; it should not require Gold subscription, because I certainly own it. Right now I'm trying uninstalling it from the "subscriptions"
    tab under the "My games & apps" menu, and installing it from the store page I bought the definitive edition from.

My question is: Should this not be occurring? If I bought the game to own, then why would it still require gold subscription?

:)

ilehman86, Oct 25, 2019
  2. ilehman86 Win User

Thanks for the prompt reply. As I was attempting to reinstall the software, I noticed the store wasnt loading anything. I see that there's an currently issues with Purchase and Content, and I'll try reinstalling when the issue is resolved. However, I still
    dont think the issue should occur, but hopefully reinstalling will resolve the issue. If the issue persists, I'll be sure to contact support to notify them.
  3. Picasso3956 Win User

Xbox services are currently experiencing an outage. You can follow along the situation at the Xbox Support Twitter
  4. BakyOsijekHr Win User

A thing for support.

When you go to Contact Us, follow these steps to request a call
    from support:

· Step 1 ----select Xbox One

· Step 2 ----select see other options then payment and billing

· Step 3-----select show contact options

Step 4 ----select request call from support

I can see now live has a problem. Go here and press "notify me" when the problem is solved. If your problem persists then contact support.
  5. SA1NT 0F LI3S Win User

6. Onyx Is Here Win User

Xbox Live not working in a Backward Compatible game (XBOX 360 game) on XBOX One

If you are sharing a gold membership via the Home setting then I'm afraid that gold membership does not follow you to a backwards compatible title. If you want to use online features while playing a BC title you would need to have your own membership
Thema:

1. Unable to play a title I bought to own while I had gold - Similar Threads - Unable play title

2. Unable to play a game I bought

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to play a game I bought: I recently got an Xbox one s and took advantage of the free gamepass. I happened to install Minecraft and had a lot of fun with it. When the game pass was hours from timing out I bought the game...
  3. : My nat type is open but unable to play live games with friends

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : My nat type is open but unable to play live games with friends: : My nat type is open but unable to play live games with friends Thanks for the help man. However i haven't yet got the chance to check.. I will try the suggested step and definitely let you know....
  4. Unable to play "Installed" games from GamePass PC ( I'm Lost)

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to play "Installed" games from GamePass PC ( I'm Lost): Hello, I don't know what to do anymore. Wall of text incoming. I was playing The Outer Worlds on PC with GamePass. After a few days I wanted to change some ini files in the game to disable...
  5. Unable to play Microsoft Solitaire games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to play Microsoft Solitaire games: I have played Microsoft Solitaire games for years, and in the past 3 days I have been unable to access the games. My Xbox username is gray9013, and my password is [Mod Removed]. When I try to...
  6. Unable to play/ save Mass Effect 2 games on Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to play/ save Mass Effect 2 games on Xbox One: I can start a new game, and before trying to resolve, I could import my ME1 character. Now it plays through the startup story, bet the net result is the same: When I need to save, I cannot save...
  7. Unable to play multiplayer in specific games (FIXED)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to play multiplayer in specific games (FIXED): i have an xbox one and have had the same one for about 5 years, and now i cant play multiplayer on a set few games: all games made by EA and a few others like Minecraft and Roblox i connect to for...
  8. Unable to install/play Gears 5 after download (Xbox PC Game Pass)

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to install/play Gears 5 after download (Xbox PC Game Pass): Hi folks, Gears 5 was previously working on my PC. I did a reformat for unrelated reasons and reinstalled Gears 5. The Xbox app indicated the download was done, but presented me with the Install...
  9. Unable to play FIFA 20 online

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to play FIFA 20 online: I am unable to play FIFA 20 online, I can play the game with no problems otherwise. When I try to log in to ultimate team, my current email is not listed as an option. This also occurs on...
  10. Unable to Play Gears of War 3 on Xbox One or 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to Play Gears of War 3 on Xbox One or 360: Ive been trying to play Gears of War 3 on Xbox One, and also on 360, but I am unable to play the game at all as it freezes on the title screen when 'Downloading playlists' : Downloading playlists...