Unable to play DVD

Discus and support Unable to play DVD in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This evening to my surprise I am not able to play any DVD movies. Now a message displays stating, "Secure HDCP link not found". Up to this point, I was... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JTSwan, Jun 15, 2014.

1. JTSwan
    JTSwan Guest

Unable to play DVD

This evening to my surprise I am not able to play any DVD movies. Now a message displays stating, "Secure HDCP link not found". Up to this point, I was able to insert and watch all of my DVD collection.

:)

JTSwan, Jun 15, 2014
  2. Unable to play DVD.

How are you connecting the xbox to the TV?

Not all HDMI ports on your TV will be HDCP enabled, so try each port until it works.

AllfatherOdhinn, Jun 15, 2014
  3. JimVanDran
    JimVanDran Guest
    unable to play DVDs

Hi all, hoping someone can shed a bit more light on an issue I've had since bought the console last year.

Basically, the Xbox One does not read any DVD that I own. I have the Blu Ray/DVD player app installed however when I put a DVD in, the console simply does not acknowledge that a disk is in there.

I've read a couple of very old forum posts that never seem to have an answer to the problem. The console plays game disks absolutely fine and oddly enough it will play region free Blu Ray disks, which leads me to believe there is some issue with the region
    settings perhaps?

I really don't want to be sending the Xbox to Microsoft for repair so I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue - if so please post here to get some awareness on the problem and if you have a fix for this then please don't be shy Unable to play DVD :)

many thanks

Jim

JimVanDran, Jun 15, 2014
  4. Unable to play DVD

Mark Sherwood, Jun 16, 2014
  5. Mark Sherwood Win User

Unable to play DVD

6. AllfatherOdhinn Win User

Unable to play DVD.

How are you connecting the xbox to the TV?

Not all HDMI ports on your TV will be HDCP enabled, so try each port until it works.
  7. addictgaming360 Win User

I have the digital license and the dvd as well

But why is it like that nVo Fusion? I mean the borderlands 2 dvd has 5.7 for a install. And borderlands 2 marketplace has 5.54 install.

-

I have the game for the dvd. I should wait wait. Now I know why?

If I install the markplace borderlands 2 game has 5.54 install. Then play it on the dvd. The dvd would be running still as i'm playing the game from the dvd, even though the game was installed from marketplace. If the dvd game was installed then I played
    borderlands2 the dvd wouldn't be running.

-

Now if I installed the dvd game of borderlands 2 and woke up wanted to play the game with out the dvd as I have the license on my account. I'm unable to. Same license but different format. That's why the markplace borderlands 2 5.54 install is different
    then 5.7 install from the dvd format.

-

Is this what your trying to type to me?
  8. DistantBrodie Win User

Blu Ray Player will not read movies

Unable to insert DVD or Blu-ray movie. Restarted Xbox, powered off and unplugged. Still nothing.
  9. Kenny H. Win User

Playing DVD

Hey there! From what I'm seeing in the Settings menus and during playback, there is no option to change the aspect ratio of a movie. If you would like this feature added, I would recommend suggesting it at
    http://xbox.uservoice.com

Also, that error you got has been happening to me too. It seems to be an issue with the forums.
Thema:

Unable to play DVD

1. Unable to play DVD - Similar Threads - Unable play DVD

2. Unable to play/ save Mass Effect 2 games on Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to play/ save Mass Effect 2 games on Xbox One: I can start a new game, and before trying to resolve, I could import my ME1 character. Now it plays through the startup story, bet the net result is the same: When I need to save, I cannot save...
  3. Unable to play multiplayer in specific games (FIXED)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to play multiplayer in specific games (FIXED): i have an xbox one and have had the same one for about 5 years, and now i cant play multiplayer on a set few games: all games made by EA and a few others like Minecraft and Roblox i connect to for...
  4. Unable to install/play Gears 5 after download (Xbox PC Game Pass)

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to install/play Gears 5 after download (Xbox PC Game Pass): Hi folks, Gears 5 was previously working on my PC. I did a reformat for unrelated reasons and reinstalled Gears 5. The Xbox app indicated the download was done, but presented me with the Install...
  5. Unable to play FIFA 20 online

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to play FIFA 20 online: I am unable to play FIFA 20 online, I can play the game with no problems otherwise. When I try to log in to ultimate team, my current email is not listed as an option. This also occurs on...
  6. Unable to Play Gears of War 3 on Xbox One or 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to Play Gears of War 3 on Xbox One or 360: Ive been trying to play Gears of War 3 on Xbox One, and also on 360, but I am unable to play the game at all as it freezes on the title screen when 'Downloading playlists' : Downloading playlists...
  7. Unable to play rage 2 / boarderlands 3 due to crashes. Looking for other games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to play rage 2 / boarderlands 3 due to crashes. Looking for other games: I pre-ordered borderlands 3 but was unable to play it as it kept turning off my console and got a refund. I then decided to buy and download Rage 2 worked great for about a week now whenever I...
  8. Unable to play in game while controller connected via windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to play in game while controller connected via windows 10: I recently got a new xbox and logged in with my old account, and after installing a game i went to play the game and a save file automatically loaded on said game: GTA5. However I’m unable to do...
  9. I'm unable to play Microsoft Solitaire with two players

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm unable to play Microsoft Solitaire with two players: The game does say in the play store that you can compete with others when you sign in. Me and my mum (we're wanting to play together) tried to play together but there isn't an option. Me and mum...
  10. Unable to play any downloaded games offline

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to play any downloaded games offline: Hello, everyone! I bought a Xbox 360 S back in 2010 and over the years it began to have issues to the point where I decided to upgrade to a Xbox 360 E. The problem is that I bought quite a few...