Unable to play DVD

Discus and support Unable to play DVD in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This evening to my surprise I am not able to play any DVD movies. Now a message displays stating, "Secure HDCP link not found". Up to this point, I was... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JTSwan, Jun 15, 2014.

1. JTSwan
    JTSwan Guest

Unable to play DVD

This evening to my surprise I am not able to play any DVD movies. Now a message displays stating, "Secure HDCP link not found". Up to this point, I was able to insert and watch all of my DVD collection.

:)

JTSwan, Jun 15, 2014
  2. Unable to play DVD.

How are you connecting the xbox to the TV?

Not all HDMI ports on your TV will be HDCP enabled, so try each port until it works.

AllfatherOdhinn, Jun 15, 2014
  3. JimVanDran
    JimVanDran Guest
    unable to play DVDs

Hi all, hoping someone can shed a bit more light on an issue I've had since bought the console last year.

Basically, the Xbox One does not read any DVD that I own. I have the Blu Ray/DVD player app installed however when I put a DVD in, the console simply does not acknowledge that a disk is in there.

I've read a couple of very old forum posts that never seem to have an answer to the problem. The console plays game disks absolutely fine and oddly enough it will play region free Blu Ray disks, which leads me to believe there is some issue with the region
    settings perhaps?

I really don't want to be sending the Xbox to Microsoft for repair so I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue - if so please post here to get some awareness on the problem and if you have a fix for this then please don't be shy Unable to play DVD :)

many thanks

Jim

JimVanDran, Jun 15, 2014
  4. Unable to play DVD

Mark Sherwood, Jun 16, 2014
  5. Mark Sherwood Win User

Unable to play DVD

6. AllfatherOdhinn Win User

Unable to play DVD.

How are you connecting the xbox to the TV?

Not all HDMI ports on your TV will be HDCP enabled, so try each port until it works.
  7. addictgaming360 Win User

I have the digital license and the dvd as well

But why is it like that nVo Fusion? I mean the borderlands 2 dvd has 5.7 for a install. And borderlands 2 marketplace has 5.54 install.

-

I have the game for the dvd. I should wait wait. Now I know why?

If I install the markplace borderlands 2 game has 5.54 install. Then play it on the dvd. The dvd would be running still as i'm playing the game from the dvd, even though the game was installed from marketplace. If the dvd game was installed then I played
    borderlands2 the dvd wouldn't be running.

-

Now if I installed the dvd game of borderlands 2 and woke up wanted to play the game with out the dvd as I have the license on my account. I'm unable to. Same license but different format. That's why the markplace borderlands 2 5.54 install is different
    then 5.7 install from the dvd format.

-

Is this what your trying to type to me?
  8. DistantBrodie Win User

Blu Ray Player will not read movies

Unable to insert DVD or Blu-ray movie. Restarted Xbox, powered off and unplugged. Still nothing.
  9. Kenny H. Win User

Playing DVD

Hey there! From what I'm seeing in the Settings menus and during playback, there is no option to change the aspect ratio of a movie. If you would like this feature added, I would recommend suggesting it at
    http://xbox.uservoice.com

Also, that error you got has been happening to me too. It seems to be an issue with the forums.
Thema:

Unable to play DVD

1. Unable to play DVD - Similar Threads - Unable play DVD

2. I am unable to play games on the Xbox Game Pass (PC). It tells me game services are down,...

in XBoX on Windows
    I am unable to play games on the Xbox Game Pass (PC). It tells me game services are down,...: To start, I recently tried playing Fallout 76, but was met with a no multiplayer privilege error. I had installed this game on a separate SSD which was a known issue, so I reinstalled on my C (OS)...
  3. "Teredo is unable to qualify", "server connectivty is blocked", can't play multiplayer games

in XBoX on Windows
    "Teredo is unable to qualify", "server connectivty is blocked", can't play multiplayer games: Alright, so I've been trying to get into my friend's java Minecraft server, but the same error pops up every time: "Failed to connect to server...
  4. Last resort... Unable to play online or join party's on PC, xbox is working fine....

in XBoX on Windows
    Last resort... Unable to play online or join party's on PC, xbox is working fine....: Hello! After multiple chat sessions and service emails I have come to my last hope. For some reason a few days ago I am unable to play online with friends on PC. I was playing no mans land with a...
  5. Unable to install several games (Error 0x8007001f) and unable to play any game with Xbox...

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to install several games (Error 0x8007001f) and unable to play any game with Xbox...: I've tried a lot of things, but I'm still unable to install several games (Error 0x8007001f) and I'm unable to play any of the game that I've downloaded with Xbox Game Pass for PC. Microsoft...
  6. Unable to play previously owned games with gold.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to play previously owned games with gold.: My original Xbox One broke down a while ago, so I made the decision to upgrade to an Xbox One S. I had all of my games saved to an external hard drive, so redownloading games was not a problem....
  7. Horizon 4 Ultimate add on pack unable to play

in XBoX Accessibility
    Horizon 4 Ultimate add on pack unable to play: Hi, Brilliant when I can play it, Brought the Horizon 4 Ultimate add on pack at the weekend, downloaded on Sunday but not played. Went to the beach, got across to the island done a treasure hunt...
  8. Saints Row IV: Re-Elected - Co-op Campaign Unable to Play

in XBoX on Windows
    Saints Row IV: Re-Elected - Co-op Campaign Unable to Play: Hello. I want to play con Co-op campaign with a friend but when she tries to get into my game she gets kicked out of the game immediatly. When i try to join her game it wont let me, she accepts...
  9. 無法玩遊戲[Translation-Unable to play the game]

in XBoX on Windows
    無法玩遊戲[Translation-Unable to play the game]: 進入遊戲後,看完開局影片,要移動時鍵盤一按就當機 [Translation-After entering the game, watch the opening video, to move the keyboard when a press on the machine] 193c1ff5-afdf-4a61-8c57-50ba17a8ec9a
  10. I have been unable to play online for 3 days. But just payed for my subscription

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have been unable to play online for 3 days. But just payed for my subscription: I have been unable to play online for 3 days now. But just renewed my live subscription. Its not an internet connection, or billing issue. Why cant i play online?...