Unable to play "Installed" games from GamePass PC ( I'm Lost)

Discus and support Unable to play "Installed" games from GamePass PC ( I'm Lost) in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello, I don't know what to do anymore. Wall of text incoming. I was playing The Outer Worlds on PC with GamePass. After a few days I wanted to change... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Failkon, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Failkon
    Failkon Guest

Hello, I don't know what to do anymore. Wall of text incoming.

I was playing The Outer Worlds on PC with GamePass. After a few days I wanted to change some ini files in the game to disable certain options that aren't currently present in the game to make it run smoother. To change these ini files I had to get to the
    WindowsApp folder which was hidden. Getting into the Outer Worlds folder was easy enough except when I tried to edit a ini file it said I wasn't an administrator which I found odd and of course I wasn't the only one. So I was changing security permissions
    inside the folder which for some reason didn't work...SO I decided with my big boy brain to change the security permissions of the WindowsApps folder itself. I believe this is where I went wrong. I have tried multiple "fixes" and "workarounds" to fix my mistake,
    even going to try a system restore, BUT an error popped up saying the system restore could not be completed several times. Trying to look in forums for fix after fix of problem after problem. I narrowed it down to where at least when the Xbox Beta App wants
    to work correctly which at the time i'm writing this post it isn't even after reinstalling it for the fourth or fifth time I've lost count, certain games I have recently played or installed and decided I wasn't going to play and then chose to uninstall will
    not reinstall from the app or the microsoft store. HOWEVER, I was given false hope when I reset the gaming services app on the store and the store itself. I was able to reinstall The Outer Worlds, actually seeing the progress bar fill normally not super fast
    and giving no indication of being able to be played. But to my final sadness, once again The Outer Worlds that was supposedly installed on my drive had no "Play" button for me and wasn't in my Store library. Thus leading to me dealing with fix after fix for
    3 days which resulted in nothing of note.

I will provide any error codes or proof when needed if I actually get answers to this post. I know most support forums I go on they will have me go through the standard procedure to make sure I didn't miss anything. I have no problem doing this, believe
    me. Honestly this is not a gigantic issue for me per se, but I would be so relieved if there was something I missed or could actually do that doesn't include formatting my HDD.

Any and all help from staff and community would be appreciated, I will try to get whatever is asked of me done when I have the time between work and family. Cheers to those that read this and thank you no matter the outcome.

:)

Failkon, Nov 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Unable to play "Installed" games from GamePass PC ( I'm Lost) - Similar Threads - Unable play Installed

2. Unable to play a game I bought

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to play a game I bought: I recently got an Xbox one s and took advantage of the free gamepass. I happened to install Minecraft and had a lot of fun with it. When the game pass was hours from timing out I bought the game...
  3. : My nat type is open but unable to play live games with friends

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : My nat type is open but unable to play live games with friends: : My nat type is open but unable to play live games with friends Thanks for the help man. However i haven't yet got the chance to check.. I will try the suggested step and definitely let you know....
  4. Unable to play Microsoft Solitaire games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to play Microsoft Solitaire games: I have played Microsoft Solitaire games for years, and in the past 3 days I have been unable to access the games. My Xbox username is gray9013, and my password is [Mod Removed]. When I try to...
  5. Unable to play a title I bought to own while I had gold

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to play a title I bought to own while I had gold: About a Year and 2 months ago, Metal Gear Solid V was available for free through Games with Gold, so I installed it. I liked the game so much, that, a few months later, I bought the MGSV...
  6. Unable to play/ save Mass Effect 2 games on Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to play/ save Mass Effect 2 games on Xbox One: I can start a new game, and before trying to resolve, I could import my ME1 character. Now it plays through the startup story, bet the net result is the same: When I need to save, I cannot save...
  7. Unable to install/play Gears 5 after download (Xbox PC Game Pass)

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to install/play Gears 5 after download (Xbox PC Game Pass): Hi folks, Gears 5 was previously working on my PC. I did a reformat for unrelated reasons and reinstalled Gears 5. The Xbox app indicated the download was done, but presented me with the Install...
  8. Unable to install Xbox Play Anywhere Game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to install Xbox Play Anywhere Game: Hi! I got a code for Forza Horizon 4, and I have verified that is an Xbox Play Anywhere game, however, I'm getting issues and got a message saying "There are no available devices". By the way, my...
  9. Friend Unable to Play Installed DLC for Black Ops 2 on Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Friend Unable to Play Installed DLC for Black Ops 2 on Xbox One: Hello. As the title says, my friend has installed the DLC for Black Ops 2, seems to have everything where it should be. However, whenever he loads up Black Ops and tries to play zombies, it won’t...
  10. Dead or Alive 5 Last Round - Xbox One - unable to install/play correctly. not recognizing full ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dead or Alive 5 Last Round - Xbox One - unable to install/play correctly. not recognizing full ...: I am unable to play Dead or Alive 5 Last Round on Xbox One. I have tried reinstall the CD... restarting... etc. Basically my xbox does not realize I own the disc.. It keeps defaulting to the...