Unable to play supported xbox games on xbox360 Core with official Microsoft external HDD

Discus and support Unable to play supported xbox games on xbox360 Core with official Microsoft external HDD in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I'm trying to play Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (also trying Hulk) on my xbox360 Core (it's a white xbox360 with a white disk drive slot,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by kshivvy, Dec 20, 2021.

1. kshivvy
    kshivvy Guest

Unable to play supported xbox games on xbox360 Core with official Microsoft external HDD

I'm trying to play Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (also trying Hulk) on my xbox360 Core (it's a white xbox360 with a white disk drive slot, manufactured in 2006). Both are under the list of compatible xbox360 games.

I have an HDD with 284 GB free, which has the official Microsoft logo under System Settings -> Storage -> Hard Drive. This HDD is an official Microsoft EXTERNAL drive- it's gray, large, and bulky and goes on top of the console.

I've connected to xbox live, updated my system, and am connected to the internet, but when I put in either xbox game, I get:

"The game couldn't start. Try downloading the game again. For more help, visit www.xbox.com/support."

I thought all that was required to play supported original xbox titles on an xbox360 was an official Microsoft HDD. Anyone know what I should try? Is it because this is an external hard drive and not an internal one?

:)

kshivvy, Dec 20, 2021
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

I have an HDD with 284 GB free, which has the official Microsoft logo under System Settings -> Storage -> Hard Drive.
    Hi,

It's still likely a fake. All hard drives on the 360 say 'Microsoft' in System Settings. It's not a mark of authenticity I'm afraid.
  3. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Hi there kshivvy welcome to the community forum! Christopher here, an Xbox fan just like you and has been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. Try this!

1. Turn off your Xbox using the power button on the console.

2. Once your Xbox has completely powered down, unplug the power cord from the back of the console. Don't simply unplug the cord from the wall's electrical socket — it must be disconnected from your Xbox.

3. Wait for 5 minutes, and then reconnect the power cord to both the Xbox console and the electrical socket.

4. Let another minute pass and turn it on afterwards.
  4. Eggnogga Win User

GTA 5 Downloaded on Xbox Store "Disc couldn't be read"

Call Support and ask.

I know certain games require an official Xbox HDD in order to play the game (Destiny comes to mind). I'm not sure if GTA is like that. I'm also assuming you're trying to play the game off of an external HDD.
  5. Mister Fitzer Win User

Somehow it still will not work...

Microsoft only manufactures one HDD for the Xbox 360 S, and that's the 250 GB. If you purchased an HDD for this model console that was any other size, it is not an official product, and thus not officially supported. To play backwards compatible games, you
    will need to us an official Microsoft HDD.
  6. NameXboxlover Win User

Has MS discontinued the ordinal Xbox emulator for the Xbox 360?

the xbox360 has an official Xbox HDD
Thema:

1. Unable to play supported xbox games on xbox360 Core with official Microsoft external HDD - Similar Threads - Unable play supported

2. Minecraft Licensing Post-Migration - Unable to play

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft Licensing Post-Migration - Unable to play: I purchased approximately 8 Minecraft accounts pre-Microsoft acquisition under various e-mail addresses. I have migrated two of them. As of this weekend, I am unable to play Java Minecraft on my...
  3. Unable to play minecraft even though purchased

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to play minecraft even though purchased: I purchased Minecraft in April and I was able to play it for a few months, but ever since java and bedrock were no longer sold together I've been unable to play the full version of Minecraft,...
  4. Unable to play the multiplayer opition in games in xbox one s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to play the multiplayer opition in games in xbox one s: Hey there, I'm having a problem in which I'm unable to play the multiplayer opition in various games including overwatch, fifa 2022, battelfield. What happens is that I'm entering the game,...
  5. Unable to connect to Forza Horizon 5 servers, able to play multiplayer, but can’t access...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to connect to Forza Horizon 5 servers, able to play multiplayer, but can’t access...: Okay, I’m not sure if this is a hardware issue, network issue, operating system issue or just a game issue, but recently I installed the update and DLC for Forza Horizon 5, and ever since then,...
  6. Unable to play any Microsoft PC games without getting error message.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to play any Microsoft PC games without getting error message.: This is going to be one of the weird issues I've ever challenged. Just need Microsoft to jump into my system and troubleshoot the problem for the past 3 years with Gears of war. I decided to get a...
  7. Unable to download EA play games due to login issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to download EA play games due to login issue: (All steps done on windows desktop!) So I've joined gamepass VIA xbox application, and attempted to install Battlefield 5, when instructed to login to EA play, I attempted to login a few times...
  8. [Forza Horizon 5] Forza Support sent me here | Unable to play multiplayer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    [Forza Horizon 5] Forza Support sent me here | Unable to play multiplayer: So, I would start by saying that since 13th of november I am unable to play forza online, tryed every fix that they gave me and I keep on getting the same 2 errors, I am attaching the snips. I...
  9. Unable to Play Online Since 9/13 in Minecraft - Chat with Support Couldn't Resolve

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to Play Online Since 9/13 in Minecraft - Chat with Support Couldn't Resolve: I have been unable to play Minecraft online with a friend since last Saturday, Sep. 13th. The error I get is: "Connection to server was lost. Exiting to the main menu." I was on with tech chat...
  10. Horrible Support with Day One Xbox One - Can Someone Help me? Still unable to play!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Horrible Support with Day One Xbox One - Can Someone Help me? Still unable to play!: Please bear with me. I've been stuck in Support Hell dealing with my broken Day One console. I am unable to get help. I am unable to get resolution. It has now been one full month and a few days...