Unable to purchase xbox live gold using money in Microsoft account

Discus and support Unable to purchase xbox live gold using money in Microsoft account in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I'm trying to buy 1 month of xbox live gold using my Microsoft account that has more than enough. Yet it doesn't allow me to select it. How can I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Afrikas, May 29, 2014.

1. Afrikas
    Afrikas Guest

I'm trying to buy 1 month of xbox live gold using my Microsoft account that has more than enough. Yet it doesn't allow me to select it. How can I purchase it without using a credit card or buying another card?

:)

Afrikas, May 29, 2014
  2. I S7ARBUCK I
    I S7ARBUCK I Guest
    Why are we NOT allowed to purchase Xbox Live Gold using money in our Microsoft Account?

I have money in my microsoft account. I would like to use that money to purchase Xbox Live Gold! Why am I (or we) not allowed to do so? I purchased Microsoft Currency cards which I then redeemed. I have $ in my account. Why are we not allowed to use that
    money to buy xbox live gold from the marketplace? What am I supposed to do with that money in my microsoft account.

This is the same company, right? Microsoft Xbox Live Gold / Microsoft Account? What is the problem?

I would like an answer to this question. Please don't point me to some policy text where it says that at this time we can not purchase xbox live using microsoft account. That's BS.

Thanx

I S7ARBUCK I, May 29, 2014
  3. Microsoft/Xbox gift cards

Can i use the money on my microsoft account to purchase an xbox live gold subscription

SacredHydra7169, May 29, 2014
  4. Unable to purchase xbox live gold using money in Microsoft account

Hello Afrikas,

I am sorry to see that your not able to buy Gold. Unfortunately, at this moment you cant use your Microsoft Currency to Purchase Membership options for Xbox Services. At this moment you will need to use a Credit Card and or a Gold Membership Card. You may
    buy them at the Microsoft Store here:
    www.microsoftstore.com/.../productID.288508200 If you have any further questions please let us know.

Thank you!

XBLVIP TOPDOG

Alliance United, May 29, 2014
  5. SacredHydra7169 Win User

Microsoft/Xbox gift cards

Can i use the money on my microsoft account to purchase an xbox live gold subscription
  6. Alliance United Win User

Hello Afrikas,

I am sorry to see that your not able to buy Gold. Unfortunately, at this moment you cant use your Microsoft Currency to Purchase Membership options for Xbox Services. At this moment you will need to use a Credit Card and or a Gold Membership Card. You may
    buy them at the Microsoft Store here:
    www.microsoftstore.com/.../productID.288508200 If you have any further questions please let us know.

Thank you!

XBLVIP TOPDOG
  7. x24hrs2livex Win User

Unable to buy Gold subscription from Xbox One

You can not use the money in your Microsoft Account to purchase xbox live gold. You will need to use a credit card or buy a prepaid subscription card
  8. steeledwand7664 Win User

problem with my account

If you are trying to purchase Gold with the Microsoft account currency/gift card money you will need to go to

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/xbox-live-gold-membership-digital-code/cfq7ttc0k5zm/0002?icid=XboxCat_BlueNav_XboxLiveGold_060117

and purchase a gold subscription card in the checkout it will allow you to use the MS account currency and then enter that code in.
  9. ChiefJoboo Win User

12 Months XBOX Live

Xbox Live Gold can not be purchased by currency stored in your account (Microsoft Points, Currency Gift Cards, etc.)

You may be able to use Microsoft rewards points towards Gold but that's not money stored in your account.

You must use a Credit/Debit card or Paypal/Bank payments.
Thema:

1. Unable to purchase xbox live gold using money in Microsoft account - Similar Threads - Unable purchase live

2. Unable to purchase anything from the Xbox Live Store

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to purchase anything from the Xbox Live Store: Hello, Whenever I attempt to purchase anything i get an error message stating: "Something Happened on our end. Waiting a bit might help". It has been like that fro multiple hours and I have...
  3. Unable to purchase Xbox Live Gold

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to purchase Xbox Live Gold: For some reason i cant buy xbox live gold cuz it says "A problem occurred" and thats been going on for months. I put my credit card accounts details and really want to buy xbox live. Looking...
  4. Unable to purchase Live Gold at promotional price

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Unable to purchase Live Gold at promotional price: I've been on the chat line to the support team to try and resolve this and they've asked me to contact the Promotion team via this forum. I'm trying to renew a lapsed Live Gold membership and it...
  5. Unable to purchase live game with gold free game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to purchase live game with gold free game.: I have xbox live gold and I tried to purchase Mirror's Edge. On console after I click confirm it just went black sceen for a few seconds then jump back to the game page and I don't get the game...
  6. Unable to play games purchased on Xbox Live

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to play games purchased on Xbox Live: For a day or so I have been unable to play games that I have purchased on Xbox Live. It says that I must be signed in with a Xbox Live profile that has purchased the game. If I click sign in and...
  7. Unable to purchase Xbox live gold membership

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to purchase Xbox live gold membership: So, recently I bought €25 worth of Xbox credit. I redeemed the code, everything worked perfectly fine, the balance was on my account. After that I wanted to purchase the gold membership with said...
  8. Unable to purchase live with my Visa Card

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to purchase live with my Visa Card: I've used this card numerous of times for Xbox and other things, I use the card daily and I'm trying to purchase live because I've ran out and it's telling me to try a different payment method and...
  9. unable to purchase xbox live or anything on xbox store.

in XBoX on Consoles
    unable to purchase xbox live or anything on xbox store.: I have been in contact with xbox support for a few months now and they have been un able to resolve the issue with my xbox live account not being able to purchase xbox live or anything on the xbox...
  10. Unable to purchase live hold on my xbox one console. Website has a higher price

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to purchase live hold on my xbox one console. Website has a higher price: Hi, I've tried to purchase 12 Months of gold on my console. It shows me the price is AUD63.50. However it keeps coming up with "Try that again. Something happened on our end. Waiting a bit might...