Unable to re-download previously purchased games to Xbox 360

Discus and support Unable to re-download previously purchased games to Xbox 360 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When I select a game from download history, the download page opens but then closes immediately. The same happens if I select from the marketplace. I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by TYGER FLYER, Dec 15, 2015.

1. TYGER FLYER
    TYGER FLYER Guest

When I select a game from download history, the download page opens but then closes immediately. The same happens if I select from the marketplace.

I also have an Xbox One and am wondering if the new backward compatibility function has something to do with this problem. I believe it started when the latest update rolled out.

:)

TYGER FLYER, Dec 15, 2015
  2. Kriminal64
    Kriminal64 Guest
    Unable to download previously purchased 360 game

Everything is in the US; console, account and location. I purchased this while I was in the UK, but I've moved everything over now. So I take it that seeing as it was purchased from the UK marketplace, even though the game is available over here in the US,
    I bought the EU version?

Well that's annoying. I didn't realize they were separate.

Kriminal64, Dec 15, 2015
  3. davemcfly85
    davemcfly85 Guest
    Unable to download previously purchased 360 game

in order to download anything even stuff from your download history all your stuff has to match (region of account, region of console, and physical region) if not then anything region locked will not be able to be downloaded sorry.

davemcfly85, Dec 15, 2015
  4. WPAK
    WPAK Guest

Hi there,

is this only happening on the 360 console or also when on xbox.com download history page?

See this link on how to view it via xbox.com:
    support.xbox.com/.../view-download-history

I don't think it has to do something with the backward compatibility, have you tried clearing the cache of the 360 console? To see if that makes any difference?

Let us know the results

5. TYGER FLYER
    TYGER FLYER Guest
    When I try to re-download via xbox.com, it says the game will be sent to the console but it never shows up.

Tried clearing cache but no change.

6. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest
    Have you changed consoles since you last purchased the game? If so then you would need to do a license transfer and download a game to the console via the download history (Settings>Accounts>Download History) to make it the main console.

support.xbox.com/.../download-content

onyxishere, Dec 15, 2015
  7. TYGER FLYER
    TYGER FLYER Guest
    Transferred licenses. Restarted. Tried adding to queue on xbox.com. Says it was added but did not show up. Tried on console download history. Download page pops up momentarily but then disappears. No change.

8. WPAK
    WPAK Guest

Not sure if it helps, but it's worth the shot. You will need to know both the email address and password (security settings) for the Xbox Live Account.

Please follow the following steps:

1. Delete your profile from the console, be sure to delete only the profile, to do so check this link:

support.xbox.com/.../profile-move-delete

2. Clear the console cache, see this link for the how to:
    support.xbox.com/.../clear-system-cache

3. Turn the console off.

4. Turn the console on.

5. Clear the console cache one more time

6. Redownload your profile.(See the same link as 1.)

WPAK, Nov 1, 2018
  9. WPAK Win User

Not sure if it helps, but it's worth the shot. You will need to know both the email address and password (security settings) for the Xbox Live Account.

Please follow the following steps:

1. Delete your profile from the console, be sure to delete only the profile, to do so check this link:

support.xbox.com/.../profile-move-delete

2. Clear the console cache, see this link for the how to:
    support.xbox.com/.../clear-system-cache

3. Turn the console off.

4. Turn the console on.

5. Clear the console cache one more time

6. Redownload your profile.(See the same link as 1.)
  10. onyxishere Win User

Have you changed consoles since you last purchased the game? If so then you would need to do a license transfer and download a game to the console via the download history (Settings>Accounts>Download History) to make it the main console.

support.xbox.com/.../download-content
  11. WPAK Win User

Hi there,

is this only happening on the 360 console or also when on xbox.com download history page?

See this link on how to view it via xbox.com:
    support.xbox.com/.../view-download-history

I don't think it has to do something with the backward compatibility, have you tried clearing the cache of the 360 console? To see if that makes any difference?

Let us know the results
  12. TYGER FLYER Win User

Transferred licenses. Restarted. Tried adding to queue on xbox.com. Says it was added but did not show up. Tried on console download history. Download page pops up momentarily but then disappears. No change.
  13. TYGER FLYER Win User

When I try to re-download via xbox.com, it says the game will be sent to the console but it never shows up.

Tried clearing cache but no change.
Thema:

1. Unable to re-download previously purchased games to Xbox 360 - Similar Threads - Unable download previously

2. Call of Duty downloaded and unable to play it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Call of Duty downloaded and unable to play it: We have purchased and downloaded COD and when try to open it none of the icons are selectable. I went into purchase history and tried to redownload and already there. We clicked on purchase again...
  3. Unable to download Minecraft. Any suggestions?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to download Minecraft. Any suggestions?: https://youtu.be/Cd0ghtYzzys If I had to guess, I probably somehow canceled the download right at the end, so the Microsoft store gets messed up. 416bf1a6-f025-4b42-85b9-6bd672449d1b
  4. Unable to download profile on Xbox 360 game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to download profile on Xbox 360 game: Can someone help me? I’ve been trying to download my profile onto an Xbox 360 game I have recently purchased however when I go to download the profile it says not connected to Xbox live. Yet when...
  5. Unable to download Minecraft Bedrock onto PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to download Minecraft Bedrock onto PC: I am trying to download Minecraft Bedrock onto my PC which I purchased from a legitimate website, my microsoft account recognises the purchase but when I try to download it says I don't have any...
  6. XO: Unable to Download Previously Purchased DLC- Alien Isolation

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XO: Unable to Download Previously Purchased DLC- Alien Isolation: I bought all the DLC for Alien Isolation for my Xbox One S several years ago when I had it on disc. Now one my One X I downloaded the Gamepass version and when I go to the Store to redownload the...
  7. Previously bought Gears of War 4 found unable to download, how to solve?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Previously bought Gears of War 4 found unable to download, how to solve?: Previously bought Gears of War 4 found unable to download, how to solve? Sorry i'm from china.my not good at english,I sending this message is using translation software 以前买的Gears of War 4 发现...
  8. Unable to Download Previously Purchased Content

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to Download Previously Purchased Content: With the recent update to the Xbox 360 to allow for larger external storage I purchased an external HD, and began the process of re-downloading all of my older content. I have run into issues...
  9. Unable to download and play a game that has previously been bought on Xbox Live marketplace.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to download and play a game that has previously been bought on Xbox Live marketplace.: Hello everyone, the titles says it all. A while ago I bought Kingdoms of Amalur: The Reckoning at the Marketplace, I downloaded the game smoothly and could play it without any issues. Now I...
  10. Unable to download previously purchased 360 game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to download previously purchased 360 game: Hi there, I'm having an issue with the Witcher 2. I transferred regions (and consoles, as my UK one obviously won't play games over here!) and this seems to be the only game I can't re-acquire....