Unable to re-download Xbox app on PC

Discus and support Unable to re-download Xbox app on PC in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I can't seem to get the Xbox app on PC to download... I had trouble in the past being unable to download games on the Xbox app for PC even though... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by GinjaNinja8888, May 28, 2022.

1. Unable to re-download Xbox app on PC

Hi,

I can't seem to get the Xbox app on PC to download...

I had trouble in the past being unable to download games on the Xbox app for PC even though I owned Game Pass Ultimate (and still do), where the games would not install at all. I have lots of games on other gaming platforms downloaded just fine. So I tried to re-install the app but now I can't install the app again. The download gets to about 1/3 complete and never progresses beyond that point.

Any suggestions appreciated, thanks!

:)

GinjaNinja8888, May 28, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today mate

Please cancel first any pending downloads on Microsoft store, then do this:

Step 1: Open the Run window by pressing Windows + R key.

Step 2: Input WSReset.exe in the Run window and click OK.

Step 3: Then a command prompt window will appear. After a few seconds, Windows Store will open.
    Finally try searching for new updates and once everything's up to date, try install finally Xbox app
  3. GinjaNinja8888 Win User

Hi Josef, hope you're having a great day too! Thank you for your reply here.

I tried the steps you suggested, and got the command prompt window in Step 3 to open. after that nothing else happened, and the command prompt window stayed open but Windows Store did not open. I tried a couple of times and the same results occurred.

Is Windows Store the same thing as Microsoft Store App? I can't get any downloads to actually go through on the Microsoft Store App when I have it open, including "Gaming Services" update or any apps.

I also got an error code beside the Sea of Thieves game download, code 0x80080005.

Thanks for your help!!
  4. Mister Maka Win User

Windows 10 X Box Live Solitare Collection

That's no good PleasedAunt3437!

Let's try uninstalling the app from your PC. Once the app is uninstalled, restart your PC, then re-download Xbox Live Solitaire Collection. Keep us in the loop with the results of the reinstall!
  5. Vijay_Verma Win User

Unable to download on the Xbox PC app

Hi Feveroth01

Greetings! I am Vijay, an Independent Advisor. Please try these steps and check after each step.

1. If you are able to open MS Store, open MS Store > Click on your profile picture on top right and sign-out. Then sign-in again.

2. Try to reset Xbox app

Windows Key+i > Apps > Scroll down to this App > Click XBox App > Advanced options > Reset

3. Reset Microsoft Store through Command Prompt

Type cmd in Windows Search box > Right click on Command Prompt > Run As Administrator > Type WSreset.exe and click Enter > Reboot your computer

4. Run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter

Windows Key+X > Click Settings > Click Update & security > Click Troubleshoot > Scroll down to the bottom > Click Windows Store Apps > Click Run the Troubleshooter

5. Uninstall and Reinstall XBox app

A. Uninstall - Windows Key+X > Click Windows Powershell (Admin) > Copy the below and paste into Powershell and Enter

Get-AppxPackage *xbox* | Remove-AppxPackage

B. Reinstall

Windows Key+X > Click Windows Powershell (Admin) > Copy the below command and right click in Powershell to paste > Enter

Get-AppxPackage -allusers *xbox* | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

(If there is a problem in reinstall, you can always reinstall from MS Store -
    https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9MV0B...
    )

6. Uninstall & Reinstall Store

Windows Key+X > Windows Powershell (Admin) > Copy the following from below and right click in Powershell to paste > Enter

Get-AppxPackage -allusers *WindowsStore* | Remove-AppxPackage

Copy the following from below and right click in Powershell to paste > Enter > Reboot your computer

Get-AppxPackage -allusers *WindowsStore* | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}
  6. JonasSalminen Win User

xbox game pass title download error: 0x80073cf3 (PC)

Thankyou Ricardo Lechuga for the quick response!

I did the following:

WSReset as admin.

Restarted my pc.

Deleted the windows app folder and uninstalled the Xbox app.

Restarted again.

Re installed xbox app.

And now I have tested to download Snowrunner and Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice which both are now being downloaded.
Thema:

1. Unable to re-download Xbox app on PC - Similar Threads - Unable download app

2. Xbox PC App completely locks up: unable to play or download games, blank screen, only...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox PC App completely locks up: unable to play or download games, blank screen, only...: I am on Windows 10, 21H2. This issue started popping up after a reinstall of the Xbox app along with the Gaming Services (removed via PowerShell command a while ago, reinstalled today). I had...
  3. Unable to download games from the Xbox app on pc (windows 10)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to download games from the Xbox app on pc (windows 10): hello, I am unable to download any games (other than Astroneer for some reason.) from the Xbox app on pc (windows 10) I get the error code 0x00000001. I have performed every fix that I have found...
  4. Unable to download the game from xbox pc app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to download the game from xbox pc app: When I click install, just this shows up....There is lot space in the d drive which is set default for downloads already and so the install button is unclickable....and I cannot install...
  5. Xbox Game Pass app unable to download any games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Pass app unable to download any games: I have done all the step listed on official website, and on these forums and What I have found online. Even if in rare cases it starts the download it will give an error mid completion [img]...
  6. HELP unable to download Forza Horzion 5 on Xbox App

in XBoX Games and Apps
    HELP unable to download Forza Horzion 5 on Xbox App: Unable to download Forza Horizon 5 on Xbox App. A month ago it was installed and the game worked perfectly but last week I cant run the game and had to reinstall. Since then, unable to reinstall....
  7. Unable to access any game downloaded on xbox app for pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to access any game downloaded on xbox app for pc: Every time I try to load up a game I get this error message, "CLiP license device id does not match the device id in the bound device license". On Windows 11 [img]...
  8. Unable to download Xbox app and Game Pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to download Xbox app and Game Pass: Currently I am unable to download the Xbox app and Game pass on my Galaxy S9. I had uninstalled them because they would not work properly, even though they had worked on my IPhone 11. Whenever I...
  9. Unable to pre-download Forza Horizon 5 via the Xbox app for PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to pre-download Forza Horizon 5 via the Xbox app for PC: I just got a subscription to Game Pass for pc the other day and started to pre-install FH5 on my computer. I got about 40GB downloaded but stopped it so I could go to bed. The next day, I opened...
  10. unable to download the Forza Horizon 5 in xbox app and Micorsoft store from my PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    unable to download the Forza Horizon 5 in xbox app and Micorsoft store from my PC: Both Xbox and Micorsoft store app shows error while downloading, with a error code 0x80070424 from xbox app, Error code 0x00000000 from Microsofe store. cancel download will make the progress...