Unable to remove mute and headset not working. Was working fine a few days ago. Help please

Discus and support Unable to remove mute and headset not working. Was working fine a few days ago. Help please in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Unable to get rid of mute. And headset just stopped working on xbox. Does work on laptop. Tried online help. Any real way to get this work?... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by KeithJacoby, Sep 18, 2019.

1. KeithJacoby
    KeithJacoby Guest

Unable to remove mute and headset not working. Was working fine a few days ago. Help please

Unable to get rid of mute. And headset just stopped working on xbox. Does work on laptop. Tried online help. Any real way to get this work?

:)

KeithJacoby, Sep 18, 2019
  2. SA1NT 0F LI3S Win User

Is the mic muted in the Chat Mixer settings?
  3. M3tal Daz3 Win User

If it doesn't work in both devices it means there is something with the headset itself. See if there is any mute button and if that doesn't work change the headset.
  4. draon518 jr Win User

I have never run into that problem but their is two ways to mute in party and on headset but they both mute and if its not reading a headset and it works in another controller then it's the controller if not it's the headset
  5. Exoria Win User

Are you using one of those headset adapters? If so, that could be faulty. Have you tried the headset on any other controllers? Could be that the controller needs an update or the controller port is bad. There aren't enough details to give you a solid answer.
    You said it works on the laptop, so it shouldn't be a bad headset.
  6. xNikolex Win User

Try with a different headset if it still doesnt work itll be the jack port in the controller. Also try the headset with a phone see if the mic works if it doesnt then its the headset.

Same thing haooened to me last week and its my controller 😭
Thema:

1. Unable to remove mute and headset not working. Was working fine a few days ago. Help please - Similar Threads - Unable remove mute

2. Unable to remove pin from a group post

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to remove pin from a group post: On my xBox I belong to a game group. In that group posts from other players somehow get pinned. I do not have an option to remove a pin, the only option is to report the post. How do I remove the...
  3. Unable to remove/block a follower.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to remove/block a follower.: I'm having trouble blocking someone and removing them from my followers list. I tried everything from power cycling my console, removing my profile and recovering it, doing a factory reset, and...
  4. Unable to add account to Xbox One (after removing it due to error 0x080190005)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to add account to Xbox One (after removing it due to error 0x080190005): I was having problems accessing my payment and billings sections of my account on my xbox as well as being able to purchase vbucks so after a bit of Googling I did the following Hold down console...
  5. (Mod Removed- Terms of Use) Unable To Play Halo 5: Guardians

in XBoX Games and Apps
    (Mod Removed- Terms of Use) Unable To Play Halo 5: Guardians: I installed Halo 5: Guardians on 15/01/19. I chose not to update it believing it was unnecessary in order to play campaign. However, the game will not get past the loading screen. I read somewhere...
  6. Unable to remove follower

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to remove follower: As title says i am unable to remove a follower after performing the usual steps after some random adds me i block the person this usually works in removing follower but this person still shows up...
  7. Unable to sign in to Xbox live in Ukraine. Power cycled, removed user ....

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to sign in to Xbox live in Ukraine. Power cycled, removed user ....: Unable to sign in to Xbox live in Ukraine. Power cycled, removed user, all other recommendations. Seems to be everyone in Ukraine is having this issue, so I doubt all of our routers/consoles are...
  8. Unable to remove game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to remove game: Like the title says, I'm unable to remove games from the Xbox App. I go to the "My Games" tab, I right-click on them and select "Remove from My Games", I then restart the App like instructed on...
  9. My ban has been removed but I am unable to send messages still

in XBoX on Consoles
    My ban has been removed but I am unable to send messages still: so I was banned from online gaming and messaging it then got lifted and but still can't send messages ? 2fcadd36-caac-4f9d-8de0-853091e8f747
  10. Unable to remove a pin for content that's unavailable

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to remove a pin for content that's unavailable: Hello, I am having trouble with the Pins on the home screen of the Xbox 360. There are two Pins I am unable to remove from the list. Both pins are for items no longer offered on the Xbox Live...