Unable to select a storage device

Discus and support Unable to select a storage device in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello, I'm not able to install any game through the Xbox (Beta) app. When I select install I have no storage device, and there is nothing under the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by kl0wn, Aug 19, 2019.

1. kl0wn
    kl0wn Guest

Hello, I'm not able to install any game through the Xbox (Beta) app. When I select install I have no storage device, and there is nothing under the drop down box. I've restarted my computer and reinstalled the app. I was able to install games weeks ago,
    not sure what has changed. I am on the latest 1903 windows build. I am not on an insider build. I've also selected different devices under windows storage settings to save new apps to

Any advice?

Unable to select a storage device [​IMG]

:)

kl0wn, Aug 19, 2019
  2. Ricardo Cintra Win User

Hi, you tried open with Administrator Privileges to see if this insues Persist?
  3. Lordfoo22 Win User

Select storage device

I have a 4 GB slim with a 250 GB hard drive and it's annoying having to pick the 250 every time I start a game.. it would be nice to have a default setting in the next dashboard update.
  4. voteDC Win User

Select storage device

The only way to stop it is to only have one memory device connected. I get the pop-up asking when I have my memory unit in as well as the hard drive. Take the memory unit out and the pop-ups don't occur. Of course not much use if you have a 360 with onboard
    storage.

This is annoying for me as well though because I keep my profile on the memory unit for when I go around to friends houses and I can't be bothered to keep moving it back and forward between hard drive and memory unit.

I think you have a top idea about being able to set one device as the 'default'.
  5. Palak 86 Win User

Select a Device (storage) screen

Figured it out! lol. the wife was playing DDR right before I got on, the controller was set in the player two position. Didn't want to select a device being player 2.
  6. MaximumExtreme Win User

Game Crashes

Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and select System Settings.

◾Select Storage or Memory.

◾Highlight any storage device, and then press Y on your controller. (It doesn't matter which storage device you select; the cache will be cleared for all storage devices.)

◾Select Clear System Cache.

◾When prompted to confirm storage device maintenance, select Yes
Thema:

1. Unable to select a storage device - Similar Threads - Unable select storage

2. Unable to select Xbox One as home console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to select Xbox One as home console: Hi there, I have bought a new Xbox One and I never have owned a console before. When I go to personalization settings and try to set my Xbox as home console it says that I can set that 5 times...
  3. Xbox one status menu stuck on offline, unable to select the status option.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one status menu stuck on offline, unable to select the status option.: Hi there, Since 1 day ago the option to change the status on my Xbox One from the System > Settings > Personalization > My profile is stuck on offline and it is not possible to select the option....
  4. Movies & TV, unable to change betweek audio tracks, selects the last audio tack by default

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Movies & TV, unable to change betweek audio tracks, selects the last audio tack by default: Hi, In the "Movies and TV" app from Microsoft, if I try to change the Audio track for a movie streaming from USB or NAS (mkv, x265, HEVC), I can see the menu to change the Audio, lists the audio...
  5. Unable to select/purchase Dark Souls II DLC Bundle/Crown of the Ivory King DLC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to select/purchase Dark Souls II DLC Bundle/Crown of the Ivory King DLC: Hi. I recently beat Dark Souls II and I wanted to play the DLC. When I go to the marketplace on my 360 and select the DLC bundle it attempts to open the buy/purchase screen but it always closes. I...
  6. The Last Update on Xbox One- Unable to Select Profile

in XBoX on Consoles
    The Last Update on Xbox One- Unable to Select Profile: Hi. Ever since the last (3.7 GB) update of Xbox One, we've been unable to select and login to our profiles. More specifically we enter our common passwords and it directs us to the screen where we...
  7. Controller volume unable to select

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller volume unable to select: My sons controller headset has gone silent both mic and earphones. I have checked the headset on another device and it works fine. I have tried to check the volume control for the controller but...
  8. Unable to re-select Home Xbox after hack

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to re-select Home Xbox after hack: Hi There, Yesterday I contacted telephone support due to an unauthorised access to my Microsoft account. The user who accessed my account appears to have set their Xbox as my home Xbox giving...
  9. Unable to select Network Settings or Update Settings

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to select Network Settings or Update Settings: I am helping a friend through with his Xbox One. The current issues are as follow: -Cannot select Network Settings to connect to the internet. I click on it and nothing shows up. It makes the...
  10. Unable to select Germany as location

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to select Germany as location: So i' m unable to select Germany as my location. Basically every country in available except Germany. Is it because i have English as my chosen language? Its a little annoying as i want to buy...