Unable to send Messages/Log In with Passcode/Register Device Xbox 360

Discus and support Unable to send Messages/Log In with Passcode/Register Device Xbox 360 in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I am pretty much having all kinds of issues, but let me start from the beginning. The FIRST issue was that while playing ONLINE I suddenly could not... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by c.ben91, Dec 4, 2021.

1. c.ben91
    c.ben91 Guest

I am pretty much having all kinds of issues, but let me start from the beginning. The FIRST issue was that while playing ONLINE I suddenly could not send any of my messages to my friends. This started on 12/2/2021 and I figured it was just bugging out, so i turned it off and went to bed. Next day 12/3/2021 I could still log into my 360 XBOX LIVE and still play ONLINE and could RECEIVE messages, but again, everytime I hit send, it would not go through. It more or less said 'could not send message' nothing about checking online support nor was there any 'error code.' Just that it could not send my message. So I looked online and ruled out banning/account suspension since I was still able to access other ONLINE features, and the only source I could find is something about 'waiting 24 hours bc of too many messages'. Which just seemed silly to me, honestly. So fine, I was going to wait. But I wanted to take precautions when I saw some stuff about 'hacking' and decided to set up a passcode. After that, I went on to play ONLINE with some friends when the XBOX suddenly logged me out of LIVE. Mind, you - this wasn't new to me. It's an old console and is connected to my WIFI via wireless, so I figured it just needed to log back in. But ofc it asked for the passcode. Now I had XBOX for a good 10 years and never used this passcode feature before, so fine, I put in the 4-button passcode and it DOES NOT WORK. Which has me freaking out now. So I check the XBOX support to see what I can do because now there is NO WAY for me to access my 360 account bc the passcode isn't working. So I see that in order for me to reset the passcode, I just need to go into the 'device' tab on my Microsoft account. And again - I had this account for just about 10 years but this is the first time I've ever checked it 'online/via app/phone'. So I see that I need to register my XBOX device first. Simple enough. It has it's serial number on the side. I type it in and get a message that it DOES.NOT.RECOGNIZE.IT. After a couple more anxious googling I see that - it MIGHT NOT BE POSSIBLE for me to register my 360 bc MIcrosoft doesn't fix/replace/repair those old consoles anymore - and therefore, it cannot be registered BUT - that info could also be false. Some are still waiting on the same issues (registering their 360) while others have had their cases closed on them w.o any kind of notice. SO, in short - how can I reset my 4 button passcode, if I cannot register my XBOX 360? I meet at least 1/2 criteria: I am an adult, and although I'm not too sure if the device is under my name, I'm sure that can easily be fixed with having the 'account holder' do the registering. But if I cannot register the 360 AT ALL bc it's an old console, then how can I reset the passcode and get back INTO my account? Can I remove the account from the console and log back in to 'reset' ? Please, any 360 die-hards that are still out there, help a fellow fan out.

:)

c.ben91, Dec 4, 2021
  2. Jeremy2085 Win User

X box 360 help

Hello, to reset your xbox 360 parental passcode first sign in to your Microsoft account at devices, then locate your registered Xbox 360 device, then select more actions, then select reset passcode, and finally follow the instructions on screen to reset
    your passcode. Good luck and I hope this helps you out.
  3. XBF Diego M Win User

Control parental

Hi Charly,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. I'd be happy to help.

If you have forgotten your passcode for your Xbox 360, you can reset it by answering the passcode question you created when you set up parental controls.

If you don’t remember your passcode question or don’t know the passcode for your Xbox 360, you can reset the passcode online.
    You must meet the following criteria to be able to reset your passcode online:

• Your Microsoft account must be an adult account.
    • The console must be registered in your name.

1. Sign in to your Microsoft account at Device services.
    2. Register the Xbox 360 using the console's serial number.
    3. Select More actions, select Reset passcode, and then follow the instructions to reset your passcode.
  4. ChiefJoboo Win User

Xbox 360 passcode reset

If you are talking about the sign in passcode for xbox 360 (where you enter 4 buttons to log in) please remove and redownload your account to disable the passcode:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/manage-gamertag-and-profile/add-remove-profile-xbox-360

More info on the sign in passcode here:
    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/manage-gamertag-and-profile/xbox-live-pass-codes

------------

If you are talking about the family passcode please go here:
    https://support.microsoft.com/devices
    and register your device via serial number on the back of the console (on a sticker) and then on the devices page with your device listed, select More actions, select Reset passcode, and then follow the instructions
    to reset your passcode. You will be presented with two button combination sequences on the website that must be entered on your console while on the following page:
    Settings > System > Console Settings > Console Info. This will reset your console and the family passcode but will not erase profiles, games or game saves, but will require some settings to be entered again.

To do this your Microsoft account must be an adult account and the console must be registered in your name.
  5. Chae247 Win User

Forgotten passcode for 360E

Xbox Support can reset the passcode for you, if the device is registered but you can also do it yourself online! Register the console online at account.microsoft.com/devices

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/security/forgotten-parental-controls-pass-code

Note You must meet the following criteria to be able to reset your pass code online:

• Your Microsoft account must be an adult account.
    • The console must be registered in your name.
    1. Sign in to your Microsoft account at
      Devices
    2. Locate your registered Xbox 360 console.
    3. Select More actions, select Reset passcode, and then follow the instructions to reset your pass code.
  6. LeiAiAleiAica Win User

Factory Settings Reset

Hello Mateusz207. You will need to contact support to get the reset buttons for your Xbox. You must be the registered owner of the device and over 18 years of age. To register your console, log in to myservice.xbox.com. Once the console is registered, contact
    support through chat or phone and request for the reset code for your Family passcode
Thema:

1. Unable to send Messages/Log In with Passcode/Register Device Xbox 360 - Similar Threads - Unable send Messages

2. Unable To Send Messages Via XBox Website.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable To Send Messages Via XBox Website.: Hello Microsft / XBox, etc, I wonder if you can help us. It appears that the website https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/?xr=mebarnav is unable to provide your users (XBox) the ability to coomunicate via...
  3. Unable to Send Messages via ANY XBOX Platform/App

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to Send Messages via ANY XBOX Platform/App: I've recently bought an Xbox One X, but to give a bit of a background we used to own an Xbox One S which I sold in 2019 which did not have this issue. From the first time I set it up 2 weeks ago,...
  4. Unable to send messages

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to send messages: I am unable to send messages. It let's me type the message, it says "sending" for a little while and then the message I typed disappears and the other person does not receive it. This happens on...
  5. Friends list disapered, unable to send messages

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Friends list disapered, unable to send messages: I tried inviting a friend back on to my minecraft server, but widows is saying i dont have any friends saved and it isnt letting me send messages to anyone. any thoughts as to how i should fix...
  6. Unable to send messages

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to send messages: So, I got on and tried to message someone but it would not go through. When I restart my Xbox, it shows that it went through. And it actually didn't because I never got an invite notification. I...
  7. Unable to send or receive messages

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to send or receive messages: Hello, I cannot send messages on Xbox Live on console, Windows 10, or the Android app. This has been happening for about a month. I returned to Xbox Live after not using my account for over a...
  8. Unable to send or receive messages - Xbox Live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to send or receive messages - Xbox Live: Forth time asking for help. Are these forums monitored? I can't send or receive messages on Xbox Live. This happens on Xbox One, Windows 10, and Android app. I get the error message "Something...
  9. Unable to send messages

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to send messages: Anytime I go to send a message, it says I cant send messages from my account and it tells me to go to support.xbox.com/fix-messaging and when I try the "solution" on there it still doesnt work....
  10. Unable to send message

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to send message: Hi, so apparently messaging is not working for my account and I have no idea why. I checked my reputation and it says that I have a perfect record. I looked through Privacy & online safety and I...