Unable to set static ip address

Discus and support Unable to set static ip address in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Unable to set static ip address When i go to network > advanced settings > manual > type ip OK 192.168.1.2 , subnet Ok 255.255.255.0, then gateway i... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by ChrisMcClane187, Nov 18, 2016.

1. Unable to set static ip address

When i go to network > advanced settings > manual > type ip OK 192.168.1.2 , subnet Ok 255.255.255.0, then gateway i would like to have 0.0.0.0 as i need this purely for LAN setup gears of war 3 connected to a switch. This setup works on my old xbox360,
    though i also tried gateway with ip for example 192.168.1.x. However it does not allow me to go through after trying to config default gateway, strange thing is when i did get through once or twice, got to fill out dns ok, but then it did not save the config
    and filled out automatic ip again. Any ideas why? Note: wireless is also configured and works correctly i can get on xbox live and all. / tried it without cable plugged in and with / rebooted Thanks in advance for the help

:)

ChrisMcClane187, Nov 18, 2016
  2. iamquackary
    iamquackary Guest
    SOS: can't fix my Xbox One

I'll update you guys again. I've been working on it tonight. I tried the static IP address again. I have Linksys SmartWiFi so i can adjust some settings.

What I did is setup a DHCP reservation for the Xbox One with an IP address within the range setup on my router, which is assigned to the MAC address of the Xbox.
    I also setup a static routing setting where I manually entered in an IP address, a subnet mask, and a gateway. I used the same IP address I chose above, for subnet mask I used the same one that shows under my router settings, and I used the gateway that is the "start" IP address in the range of addresses available.

After that I restart the console, enter all the same info into the manual IP address setup on the Xbox, I run the test, It says "Can't connect with a static IP address."

This is all along the lines of the stuff both Microsoft as well as Linksys had me do. Nothing worked.

I'm ready to shoot the thing with my .45.

iamquackary, Nov 18, 2016
  3. Dragon84
    Dragon84 Guest
    Xbox One WiFi problem

I have a router but I have no idea about how to assign a static IP address. Do you do it through the router or through the Xbox One?

Dragon84, Nov 18, 2016
  4. GMAN990 Win User

Seriously annoying problem with NAT (SmartAX MT882)

Your changing the wrong thing then, the static ip address change is on the Xbox, not on the router, don't change the WAN setting to static that won't work

So, change the xbox to the static ip address above

Setup the portforwarding and forward to the ip address above

Don't change any dynamic/static address at all on the router
  5. SamuelGurschick Win User

Static IP xBox One - Goal to to Port forward

Your router assigns the static IP address. In your router setting search for the Static IP option (typically under the Basic Settings menu).
  6. GMAN990 Win User

*STRICT NAT on XBOX 360 Slim*

Hi

It sounds like you've tried all options already :( so the WAN IP Address does not start with 10 or 172 then is that right?

I'm afraid 4G devices can be a bit funny when it comes to NAT, so just to recap:-

UPnP=on/DMZ=off/Forwarding=off with your Xbox ip address set to auto does not work

UPnP=off/DMZ=off with your Xbox ip address set to manual/static with portforwarding set to the static ip address does not work

UPnP=off/Forwarding=Off with your Xbox ip address set to manual/static with the DMZ set to the static ip address does not work

Is that right? If so there's nothing else to try really apart from there may be a firmware update available for the Aircard
  7. Malacath Win User

NAT Strict - Seemingly Tried Everything

When you say static IP did you manually set an IP address in the xbox settings app?

Or did you use the routers address reservation?

I've always found that manually setting a static IP from the consoles settings stops UPnP from working.

So if you are doing that then try using the routers address reservation.
  8. Stevepm1970 Win User

Setting a fixed LAN IP address on NEW xbox1

To enter a static IP address press the menu button and select settings then go to Network – Advanced Settings – IP Settings – Manual. Then you need to enter the IP address, Subnet mask and Gateway.
Thema:

1. Unable to set static ip address - Similar Threads - Unable set static

2. Minecraft realms unable to play because of how my account is set up.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft realms unable to play because of how my account is set up.: Hello, so I have been trying to join realms and it says I can not because of how my microsoft account is set up. My account is an adult account. I can not seem to find where to change my settings...
  3. Unable to save privacy settings

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to save privacy settings: Hi Im unable to save the privacy settings for my microsoft account. The privacy setting "You can join multiplayer games" is set to "block". I want to change it to "allow" but after saving the...
  4. Unable to change Privacy & online safety settings

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to change Privacy & online safety settings: I'm having troubles changing my Privacy & online safety settings, every time I hit the submit button, a pop-up would appear that says "An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later." It's...
  5. Unable to set Xbox as default on Gamepass App.

in XBoX on Mobile
    Unable to set Xbox as default on Gamepass App.: I’m struggling with setting up my Xbox as my default on the Xbox Gamepass App as even though I have followed the steps provided such as enabling remote downloads and instant-on, I am still unable...
  6. Unable to save change while set my home xbox ....still issue unknown

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to save change while set my home xbox ....still issue unknown: I tried all way inserted in community but still unable save my account as my home xbox ...any solution cc10dc8e-2e60-4b3e-b4c6-3962882634b1
  7. Unable to set my home xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to set my home xbox: I am ttrrying to set my home xbox and it says ive got 3 uses left,but when igo to set it, it says 'unable to save changes. I have tried to do the following. 1) reboot internet. 2) delete and...
  8. unable to set up Recon 50x headset to Xbox one

in XBoX Accessibility
    unable to set up Recon 50x headset to Xbox one: Please please can someone help. We are unable to set up our new headset, the Recon 50x. The menu on our screen is not as in instructions. Under settings should be option for Audio but ours does...
  9. Unable to set static ip

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Unable to set static ip: Unable to set static ip Your gateway and DNS need to be the IP of your router 192.168.1.1 (I would guess), if you have these as 0.0.0.0 not networking will work. Your GATEWAY tells the other...
  10. Unable to set static ip

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Unable to set static ip: Unable to set static ip When i go to network > advanced settings > manual > type ip OK 192.168.1.2 , subnet Ok 255.255.255.0, then gateway i would like to have 0.0.0.0 as i need this purely for...