Unable to set static ip

Discus and support Unable to set static ip in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Unable to set static ip Your gateway and DNS need to be the IP of your router 192.168.1.1 (I would guess), if you have these as 0.0.0.0 not networking... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by ChrisMcClane187, Nov 18, 2016.

1. Unable to set static ip

Unable to set static ip
    Your gateway and DNS need to be the IP of your router 192.168.1.1 (I would guess), if you have these as 0.0.0.0 not networking will work.

Your GATEWAY tells the other connections on your network who and were you are, so you need to have that.

DNS allows you to know the IP of hostnames on the network.

If you do not want the internet give them all another subnet 192.168.2.n on each box and put the gateway as 192.168.2.1, it wont find it, but should allow you to play against each other, but if your game need you to sign in then you wont be able to play.

:)

ChrisMcClane187, Nov 18, 2016
  2. Unable to set static ip

Unable to set static ip
    When i go to network > advanced settings > manual > type ip OK 192.168.1.2 , subnet Ok 255.255.255.0, then gateway i would like to have 0.0.0.0 as i need this purely for LAN setup gears of war 3 connected to a switch. This setup works on my old xbox360,
    though i also tried gateway with ip for example 192.168.1.x. However it does not allow me to go through after trying to config default gateway, strange thing is when i did get through once or twice, got to fill out dns ok, but then it did not save the config
    and filled out automatic ip again. Any ideas why? Note: wireless is also configured and works correctly i can get on xbox live and all. / tried it without cable plugged in and with / rebooted / also noticed i got apipa assigned
    once or twice 169.x.x.x, is it expecting DHCP? Maybe from switch/ Thanks in advance for the help

3. Unable to set static ip address

Unable to set static ip address
    When i go to network > advanced settings > manual > type ip OK 192.168.1.2 , subnet Ok 255.255.255.0, then gateway i would like to have 0.0.0.0 as i need this purely for LAN setup gears of war 3 connected to a switch. This setup works on my old xbox360,
    though i also tried gateway with ip for example 192.168.1.x. However it does not allow me to go through after trying to config default gateway, strange thing is when i did get through once or twice, got to fill out dns ok, but then it did not save the config
    and filled out automatic ip again. Any ideas why? Note: wireless is also configured and works correctly i can get on xbox live and all. / tried it without cable plugged in and with / rebooted Thanks in advance for the help

4. Unable to set static ip

Your gateway and DNS need to be the IP of your router 192.168.1.1 (I would guess), if you have these as 0.0.0.0 not networking will work.

Your GATEWAY tells the other connections on your network who and were you are, so you need to have that.

If you do not want the internet give them all another subnet 192.168.2.n on each box and put the gateway as 192.168.2.1, it wont find it, but should allow you to play against each other, but if your game need you to sign in then you wont be able to play.

DIPDIP0TAT0CH1P, Nov 21, 2016
  5. DIPDIP0TAT0CH1P Win User

Unable to set static ip

6. Miss Portia Win User

Can't chat/game with friend

Are you using a static IP or automatic settings for the IP? If Automatic, would you be able to try setting up a static IP?
  7. CostlyDruid3 Win User

setting a static ip?

i dont get any error codes. have done the network connection test and everything is ok. will contact my isp about the upload speed and check out the link. thanks for the info. will let ye know if it works
  8. Miss Kleo Win User

setting a static ip?

Hey Costly! It does look like your upload is rather slow and 50 isn't great as Onyx said. To get to the bottom of this, can you describe exactly what happens? I see you've only mentioned not finding matches in MW3? Does the exact same thing happen in other
    games? Do you receive an error message? Also, can you provide us with the X/Y/Z error codes you're receiving? Thanks so much!
  9. GMAN990 Win User

setting a static ip?

Can you do a few pingtest's? The latest one you posted wasn't too bad but if you had one at 50ms jitter that is certainly bad.

As for the NAT issue did you try the specific guide I posted earlier?
Thema:

Unable to set static ip

1. Unable to set static ip - Similar Threads - Unable set static

2. Minecraft realms unable to play because of how my account is set up.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft realms unable to play because of how my account is set up.: Hello, so I have been trying to join realms and it says I can not because of how my microsoft account is set up. My account is an adult account. I can not seem to find where to change my settings...
  3. Unable to save privacy settings

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to save privacy settings: Hi Im unable to save the privacy settings for my microsoft account. The privacy setting "You can join multiplayer games" is set to "block". I want to change it to "allow" but after saving the...
  4. Unable to change Privacy & online safety settings

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to change Privacy & online safety settings: I'm having troubles changing my Privacy & online safety settings, every time I hit the submit button, a pop-up would appear that says "An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later." It's...
  5. Unable to set Xbox as default on Gamepass App.

in XBoX on Mobile
    Unable to set Xbox as default on Gamepass App.: I’m struggling with setting up my Xbox as my default on the Xbox Gamepass App as even though I have followed the steps provided such as enabling remote downloads and instant-on, I am still unable...
  6. Unable to save change while set my home xbox ....still issue unknown

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to save change while set my home xbox ....still issue unknown: I tried all way inserted in community but still unable save my account as my home xbox ...any solution cc10dc8e-2e60-4b3e-b4c6-3962882634b1
  7. Unable to set my home xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to set my home xbox: I am ttrrying to set my home xbox and it says ive got 3 uses left,but when igo to set it, it says 'unable to save changes. I have tried to do the following. 1) reboot internet. 2) delete and...
  8. unable to set up Recon 50x headset to Xbox one

in XBoX Accessibility
    unable to set up Recon 50x headset to Xbox one: Please please can someone help. We are unable to set up our new headset, the Recon 50x. The menu on our screen is not as in instructions. Under settings should be option for Audio but ours does...
  9. Unable to set static ip

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Unable to set static ip: Unable to set static ip When i go to network > advanced settings > manual > type ip OK 192.168.1.2 , subnet Ok 255.255.255.0, then gateway i would like to have 0.0.0.0 as i need this purely for...
  10. Unable to set static ip address

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Unable to set static ip address: Unable to set static ip address When i go to network > advanced settings > manual > type ip OK 192.168.1.2 , subnet Ok 255.255.255.0, then gateway i would like to have 0.0.0.0 as i need this...