Unable to start games on PC

Discus and support Unable to start games on PC in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Months ago, I installed Ark: Survival Evolved on my PC (it's a Play Anywhere app), but upon trying to start it today, it simply shows up as the splash... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by troublemw, Dec 3, 2019.

1. troublemw
    troublemw Guest

Months ago, I installed Ark: Survival Evolved on my PC (it's a Play Anywhere app), but upon trying to start it today, it simply shows up as the splash screen on a blue background, before promptly crashing and doing nothing else. I have no clue what's wrong
    with my pc or why it's not launching. Anyone know the solution to this?

:)

troublemw, Dec 3, 2019
  2. PalmettoBling Win User

First thing to try prior to deleting and re-downloading would be to go to Settings > Apps then under Apps & Features, scroll through the list until you see Ark, highlight it by clicking, and select "Advanced Options". From there, you might need to scroll
    down, to see 'Reset". Click that, and it should refresh the app from the store and fix issues without fully re-downloading. I'd recommend rebooting after the "Reset" is complete, and then testing if it launches from there.

If not, let me know and there are a few other things we can try, but that is the easiest, and has worked well for me in the past.
  3. troublemw Win User

Even if that is the case and would help me here, Ark is an incredibly hefty download. Surely theres another solution than waiting an eternity for it to download, just for it to potentially break again?
  4. troublemw Win User

Yeah, that didn't work. Following the instructions for the reset didnt have any results apart from removing it from my toolbar, and had the same results when I tried to launch it from the store. I even tried to uninstall it like the other guy said, and
    even that isnt doing anything.
  5. Morgster_1 Win User

I had the same issue with Forza Horizon 4. All I had to do was re-install the game and it was fixed. Hope this helped.
  6. Onyx Is Here Win User

prob gears 5

Sorry you're still having trouble. If you are still unable to launch the game from the Beta App then please find the game in the Start Menu of the PC and launch it from there
Thema:

1. Unable to start games on PC - Similar Threads - Unable start games

2. Impossibile avviare The Messenger (PC)[Translation-Unable to start The Messenger (PC)]

in XBoX on Windows
    Impossibile avviare The Messenger (PC)[Translation-Unable to start The Messenger (PC)]: Salve, sono un utente Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, ho installato The Messenger sul mio PC con account Xbox Game Pass Ultimate e quando provo ad avviare il gioco viene visualizzato il seguente...
  3. Unable to connect at start up

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to connect at start up: Every time I start my X Box (I have a 360 console) it display a MSG that I need to connect to the internet. I go to System and test the network connection and after it finish the test it display a...
  4. unable to start up the xbox companion app

in XBoX on Windows
    unable to start up the xbox companion app: [img] unable to start up the xbox companion app im fully connected and my other accounts can connect just not this one how do i fix this. 8d5eb25e-b439-4a86-a6bc-5b6a9eaa8425
  5. Kinect Sports Season 2: Unable to start game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Kinect Sports Season 2: Unable to start game: Hi, I recently bought a used xbox360 in good shape. Games that I got works apart from Kinect Sports Season 2. The game launches and all is well until I am asked where to store my game data. I...
  6. Unable to See "Mini Games" menu option in Minecraft at start screen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to See "Mini Games" menu option in Minecraft at start screen: Sorry for such a basic question, I think most using Minecraft will know answer so please help. I got XBox One S and Minecraft for XBox . When I start Minecraft, I could not find how to get to...
  7. Unable to start the game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to start the game: For some reason, this game crashes immediately upon launch. Looked in the event viewer and saw the following errors Faulting application name: re7.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x58b8f31e...
  8. UNABLE to start games !

in XBoX Games and Apps
    UNABLE to start games !: Are there any others who cannot open some of the games? I am not able to start : Taptiles, Mahjong, and Slot Pro. Would anyone happen to have suggestions for me to solve this problem? I would...
  9. Unable to start game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to start game.: Hi. I'm having trouble with starting the game. I go through the first scenes, and when I come to the start menu, press any button, it wont go any further.... Anyone got any ideas?...
  10. unable to start up game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    unable to start up game: i dont kno whats happening im am now unable to get the game to start up, i see the titanfall picture and after that a blank screen. Can anyone help me out c5a84ed0-23d0-4092-aeb5-d413ff333260