unable to stream xbox to laptop using xbox console companion

Discus and support unable to stream xbox to laptop using xbox console companion in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I got a new laptop, updated everything then tried to use the xbox app (xbox console companion) to stream from my xbox one S to my laptop. It will let... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by SILVERWOLF1514, Jul 23, 2019.

1. unable to stream xbox to laptop using xbox console companion

I got a new laptop, updated everything then tried to use the xbox app (xbox console companion) to stream from my xbox one S to my laptop. It will let me stream only once after I start up xbox but if I stop streaming or exit the app it will let me start
    streaming again but the video is frozen. I have to restart xbox for the video to unfreeze. I thought it was the app so I got on old laptop and updated the app to see if I could stream on it.... and I could/can stream then leave app, close app, anything and
    it will let me start streaming again without needing to restart my xbox. WHAT IS WRONG!!! Why can i stream without video freezing??? The new laptop easy meets the system requirments.

:)

SILVERWOLF1514, Jul 23, 2019
  2. LegoNinja187 Win User

Are you minimizing the Xbox console companion app while using to stream your Xbox to it?

Why are you wanting to stream your xbox to the laptop?

Are you running anything else on the laptop whilst trying to stream?
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

using my HP laptop as a tv

You need to stream your console to your laptop (Has to have Windows 10) with The Xbox Console Companion app. Start the Xbox One, then start the Console companion app, then select the connect icon on the left side of the app, and your console should show,
    just select it, and select stream, that will then stream your console to your laptop.
  4. EDKILL13 Win User

I'm trying to hookup my xbox to my laptop to play it via an hdmi cable but nothing is showing up, whAT AM I DOING WRONG

Does your laptop have HDMI in? if not then that would be your problem...if you want to play through your laptop...you could setup and use the Xbox Console Companion and stream your Xbox to your laptop.
  5. SILVERWOLF1514 Win User

Yes, streaming games. Did stream test and everything was/is ok. Xbox is wired, tried laptop on both 2.4G and 5G WIFI both work the same. Like I said I can start to stream (game) but if minimize app, close app, open something else or even use the keyboard
    to type the video freezes and I can only unfreeze it by restarting my xbox but on my old laptop (HP notebook) the video never froze. The new laptop is a MSI.
  6. SILVERWOLF1514 Win User

Found the overclocking in dragon center but I after looking through it and googling some I still can't disable it only uninstall it. I like being able to quickly check cpu and change fan speed. Should I uninstall it?
Thema:

1. unable to stream xbox to laptop using xbox console companion - Similar Threads - unable stream laptop

2. Unable to stream on mixer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to stream on mixer: I've recently had an enforcement against my account where a video was removed, but no other consequence was stated. Now I'm unable to stream on Mixer. Is there a way i can find out if this is part...
  3. Unable to Keyboard when streaming to windows 10

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to Keyboard when streaming to windows 10: Got the update today (13/10) and i was only aware when i logged on to stream. I tried to send a message to a friend and didnt get the onscreen keyboard I tried to send a message in game and...
  4. Unable to use multiple XBox 360 controllers while streaming

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to use multiple XBox 360 controllers while streaming: I have two XBox 360 wired controllers plugged into two USB ports on my Windows 10 desktop. The controllers work, and I can, for instance, open up Fallout Shelter and navigate around with either...
  5. Unable to streaming to Beam

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to streaming to Beam: When I start a broadcast to Beam, it says "Unable to broadcast this game. Try another game or app" I've tried in game with Halo 5 and ME:A. Same results. 525259e5-6ea2-4799-a674-92000c12c98f
  6. Unable to use Xbox headset to stream.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to use Xbox headset to stream.: Does anyone know if it's possible to use the Xbox headset to work with streaming as after much frustrating thinking it wasn't working at all I realised it did but not when I stream. I've tried...
  7. unable to stream to console error.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    unable to stream to console error.: I am aware of the work around but cannot always get to the xbox to hard reset. When in the app if you cannot stream you cannot reset from the xbox settings either. Has there been any progress to...
  8. Unable to stream from PC to Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to stream from PC to Xbox One: I am trying to record videos from my Xbox with sound, and apparently the easiest way is through streaming it through your PC. I've been trying to record stuff for hours, nothing has worked. I...
  9. unable to stream my xbox one on my surface pro4? it was working last few day ago

in XBoX on Consoles
    unable to stream my xbox one on my surface pro4? it was working last few day ago: Hi few day ago I was able to stream my xbox one using some port forwarding and XOON app to turn on my box. But today I was unable to stream it. I was able to turn on the xbox one using the XOON...
  10. Unable to Stream music from Windows 10 PC to Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to Stream music from Windows 10 PC to Xbox One: Hi Microsoft, I am currently unable to stream anything from my Windows 10 PC to my xbox one. This was an exceedingly easy process on my 360 but is a convoluted hot mess on the xbox one. All...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot stream to xbox console companion