unable to stream xbox to laptop using xbox console companion

Discus and support unable to stream xbox to laptop using xbox console companion in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I got a new laptop, updated everything then tried to use the xbox app (xbox console companion) to stream from my xbox one S to my laptop. It will let... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by SILVERWOLF1514, Jul 23, 2019.

1. unable to stream xbox to laptop using xbox console companion

I got a new laptop, updated everything then tried to use the xbox app (xbox console companion) to stream from my xbox one S to my laptop. It will let me stream only once after I start up xbox but if I stop streaming or exit the app it will let me start
    streaming again but the video is frozen. I have to restart xbox for the video to unfreeze. I thought it was the app so I got on old laptop and updated the app to see if I could stream on it.... and I could/can stream then leave app, close app, anything and
    it will let me start streaming again without needing to restart my xbox. WHAT IS WRONG!!! Why can i stream without video freezing??? The new laptop easy meets the system requirments.

:)

SILVERWOLF1514, Jul 23, 2019
  2. LegoNinja187 Win User

Are you minimizing the Xbox console companion app while using to stream your Xbox to it?

Why are you wanting to stream your xbox to the laptop?

Are you running anything else on the laptop whilst trying to stream?
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

using my HP laptop as a tv

You need to stream your console to your laptop (Has to have Windows 10) with The Xbox Console Companion app. Start the Xbox One, then start the Console companion app, then select the connect icon on the left side of the app, and your console should show,
    just select it, and select stream, that will then stream your console to your laptop.
  4. XBF Diego M Win User

Streaming por HDMI

Hi Jos158,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. I'd be happy to answer that.

Unfortunately you cannot plug in the Xbox One into your laptop and use the laptop as a display. Also there is no app or program that would convert the HDMI port on your laptop to an input source rather than an output source.

Your only option would be to use the game streaming through the Xbox Console Companion app. I would re over these two support articles on how to improve streaming:

I hope this helps!
  5. EDKILL13 Win User

I'm trying to hookup my xbox to my laptop to play it via an hdmi cable but nothing is showing up, whAT AM I DOING WRONG

Does your laptop have HDMI in? if not then that would be your problem...if you want to play through your laptop...you could setup and use the Xbox Console Companion and stream your Xbox to your laptop.
  6. SILVERWOLF1514 Win User

Yes, streaming games. Did stream test and everything was/is ok. Xbox is wired, tried laptop on both 2.4G and 5G WIFI both work the same. Like I said I can start to stream (game) but if minimize app, close app, open something else or even use the keyboard
    to type the video freezes and I can only unfreeze it by restarting my xbox but on my old laptop (HP notebook) the video never froze. The new laptop is a MSI.
Thema:

1. unable to stream xbox to laptop using xbox console companion - Similar Threads - unable stream laptop

2. Why does it say unable to stream to your console when i stream to my phone??

in XboX Insiders
    Why does it say unable to stream to your console when i stream to my phone??: I really want to know as it was working fine 5 minutes ago and now it wont? submitted by /u/RoundChoice [link] [comments]
  3. Unable to Stream on Windows PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to Stream on Windows PC: After connecting Xbox and wired controller Xbox to windows pc Xbox companion app keeps giving message " Sign into your account on this console" when I'm already signed in to my Xbox account and...
  4. Unable to console stream on project x cloud

in XboX Insiders
    Unable to console stream on project x cloud: Hi there I have tried a few various things like restarting my phone, my xbox, and looking on support pages but I cant seem to figure out why I cant console stream games from my own console to the...
  5. Alpha Skip Ahead - No audio in Final Fantasy XV, unable to record game clips and streaming...

in XboX Insiders
    Alpha Skip Ahead - No audio in Final Fantasy XV, unable to record game clips and streaming...: I'm having a weird intermittent audio bug with Final Fantasy XV. I turn on my Xbox One X from a complete shutdown (today was after the dashboard update), start Final Fantasy XV, connect my...
  6. Unable to try console streaming preview

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to try console streaming preview: [img] I downloaded the Insider app on my Xbox, but I didn't get the console streaming option in Xbox's settings. So I deleted all consoles registered in the Insider app, I deleted the app,...
  7. Unable to stream on twitch, recieving Error Code:788078D4

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to stream on twitch, recieving Error Code:788078D4: Hello, I am trying to stream to Twitch with my Xbox one, Using the Twitch App. Everytime I try to broadcast it gives me an Error Code: 788078D4, and reads: We're so sorry; something unexpected...
  8. Unable to launch games I've launched before, Xcloud streaming not console streaming.

in XboX Insiders
    Unable to launch games I've launched before, Xcloud streaming not console streaming.: I can launch things I haven't launched before but when trying to launch Subnautica or Ark, which I was playing a few hours ago, it says Ark is currently not available? I launched borderlands 2 and...
  9. Unable to use console streaming with a moderate NAT to mobile devices

in XboX Insiders
    Unable to use console streaming with a moderate NAT to mobile devices: I have posted this issue in the mega thread, and have left feedback, but wanted to create my own thread to report this issue again. Firstly, due to the time I spend away from home, console...
  10. Unable to stream

in XboX Insiders
    Unable to stream: [IMG] submitted by /u/724ray [link] [comments]

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot stream to xbox console companion