Unable to switch to wireless connection

Discus and support Unable to switch to wireless connection in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Unable to switch to wireless connection My xbox one is continually saying that I have a wired connection when I don't have an Ethernet cord plugged in,... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by gingerman611, Jan 21, 2017.

1. gingerman611
    gingerman611 Guest

My xbox one is continually saying that I have a wired connection when I don't have an Ethernet cord plugged in, and I can't force it to switch over to wireless. Any suggestions?

:)

gingerman611, Jan 21, 2017
  2. YRN Boujee
    YRN Boujee Guest
    Backwards Compatible games dont work with wired connection

Im unable to connect to xbox live while playing backwards compatible games. I was using a wired connection and couldn't connect, but when I switched to a wireless connection I was able to.

YRN Boujee, Jan 21, 2017
  3. RobotChicken
    RobotChicken Guest
    Connection problem - HELP

Hey guys,
    So it's been about a year since I bought my Xbox 360 (newer generation), and my Xbox Live connection works 2 days out of 3. I use wireless connection. My Xbox is pretty far from my router, but when I connect to a network, my router shows up and there are usually around 4 bars. When I click on "test connection", this is where it tells me that the console is unable to connect.
    Did anyone had this problem before?

RobotChicken, Jan 21, 2017
  4. ii B NuM83R 1 Win User

can't get on xbox live

Are you running a wired or wireless connection? i had the same thing when i was running on a wireless connection so i switched to wired and it worked fine.
  5. demenace Win User

Wireless Connection lost following change of provider

Try connecting on wired basis, then switch back to wireless and see if it works.
  6. XboxGuy40 Win User

.What advice should I need to improve the traffic of xbox live

Is wired connection more secure then wireless and more user friendly if I want to switch connection type?
  7. OutLawSquirtle Win User

My connection is always weak when playing Xbox Live Games

One more addition to this could be that other wireless devices such as cell phones and other signal based devices can interfere with a wireless connection and if you are using a wireless connection you could switch to using a wired connection. It is more
    reliable than a wireless and it a direct connection to your modem you are trying to use for your internet pathway.
  8. DIGI HeXic Win User

Unable to Connect to Wireless -

Hey there Kyle.

Sorry to hear you're having WiFi troubles! When you mention rebooting console, are you performing a full power cycle? A full power cycle would be holding down the power button for 8-10 seconds until the Xbox One fully powers off. You may also want to try unplugging
    from the power for 30 seconds after it powers down.
    How do you unplug the network cable
Thema:

1. Unable to switch to wireless connection - Similar Threads - Unable switch wireless

2. "Unable to connect to world" when friend on Switch is in Xbox friend's world

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "Unable to connect to world" when friend on Switch is in Xbox friend's world: So I hope this is in the right section. Here's the issue: My friend on XBone has a world. Whenever I'm in it (I'm on W10 edition), our friend on the Switch can't join. If Switch friend is in...
  3. Unable to switch profiles / problem with account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to switch profiles / problem with account: Hi, My daughter has her own profile on my xbox. When we switch to her account it asks for her password, which we enter, but it then says 'Fix this on the web', there's a problem with her account,...
  4. Unable to log in at my account on Minecraft Nintendo Switch version

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to log in at my account on Minecraft Nintendo Switch version: Hi I wanted to know why It's show an error when I try to sicronize my xbox account to my Nintendo Switch at Minecraft. It says that it have an error micronizing the Microsoft account to the...
  5. Unable to log in to Microsoft account on Minecraft for Nintendo Switch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to log in to Microsoft account on Minecraft for Nintendo Switch: [img] [img] My account use to work until it automatically logged me out of it one day and when I tried to get back in I would always get the same information back each time. My phone says it...
  6. Unable to play on Realms (Minecraft Switch)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to play on Realms (Minecraft Switch): I have been getting the error message of "you cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft account it set up". I have an adult account that is not restricted in online play, I've...
  7. "Unable to connect to world Minecraft" Windows 10/Nintendo Switch Edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "Unable to connect to world Minecraft" Windows 10/Nintendo Switch Edition: So, My friend and I can't play on my world on Minecraft (he's on Switch and I'm on Windows 10) I'm hosting the game and there's a 3rd guy that is on Nintendo Switch and he can play with me on my...
  8. Unable to switch on TV while starting up my console.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to switch on TV while starting up my console.: Hello, I recently got Xbox One X and i was wondering whether it has a nice feature that my steam link has, which is auto enabling my tv whenever i boot up my link. As it turns out, there is such...
  9. Switching on xbox with xbox controller but controller unable to connect to xbox afterwards

in XBoX on Consoles
    Switching on xbox with xbox controller but controller unable to connect to xbox afterwards: I'm experiencing a weird issue with my Xbox one s. I can toggle on directly from my Xbox controller. However, after the Xbox finishes loading, the controller is not connected to the Xbox. The...
  10. Unable to Switch on my XBOX ONE

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to Switch on my XBOX ONE: Hi, I am unsing XBOX one console, after a week's gap, i tried switching on the console. I couldnt even see the boot screen even after waiting for 30 minutes, i can however hear a flickering sound...