Unable to Transfer Data

Discus and support Unable to Transfer Data in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I have an Xbox 360 elite with a 120gb HDD, and the disk reader has gone bad. So I got a 360s and a transfer cable. But when I go to do the transfer... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Scrambles84, Jun 7, 2014.

1. Scrambles84
    Scrambles84 Guest

Unable to Transfer Data

So I have an Xbox 360 elite with a 120gb HDD, and the disk reader has gone bad. So I got a 360s and a transfer cable. But when I go to do the transfer the 360s does not even recognize that I have attached my Hard drive, not any device at all. Nothing shows
    up. The Hard Drive still works on my Elite, but when I plug it in to the transfer cable and to the 360s, it makes a click sound every half second or so and does not get detected. Any Help would be awesome Unable to Transfer Data :D

:)

Scrambles84, Jun 7, 2014
  2. Help with Hard drive transfer

I have an older 360 with a 10GB hard drive I just bought a 120GB hard drive and tried to transfer the data. All drives and transfer cable are Microsoft, I plugged new hard drive into 360 then plugged transfer cable in xbox then plugged in the old drive to
    the cable.

I got the message asking if I want to transfer data I selected start and it started to transfer, but it only moved a few files. It gave a message "some data was unable to transfer" or something like that. It only moved less than 1GB of data. What am I doing
    wrong? Id hate to lose all my saved games.

Thanks

Lucky Shot 6864, Jun 7, 2014
  3. Ace Mattw
    Ace Mattw Guest
    transfering data from old xbox harddrive to new xbox slim (more complicated however)

-note- i am unable to transfer my old harddrive data directly to a flashdrive because i do no have the old xbox anymore (it broke)

will plugging a 16gb flashdrive in work?

Ace Mattw, Jun 7, 2014
  4. Unable to Transfer Data

Hi there;

I'm not sure if you've read the
    Transfer Cable Support Page
    , but I wanted to provide the link and make sure that, as the support page says, your Elite has the latest updates on it.

HyruleBalverine, Jun 8, 2014
  5. HyruleBalverine Win User

Unable to Transfer Data

Hi there;

I'm not sure if you've read the
    Transfer Cable Support Page
    , but I wanted to provide the link and make sure that, as the support page says, your Elite has the latest updates on it.
  6. Mister Ohnaka Win User

Xbox restarting randomly.

At this point, it sounds like a new HDD is the way to go. As for the data on it, if you are unable to boot to the HDD, you will most likely not be able to transfer data from it. Also, if the HDD is the same age as your console (2) it will be out of warranty.
  7. Ace Mattw Win User

transfering data from old xbox harddrive to new xbox slim (more complicated however)

-note- i am unable to transfer my old harddrive data directly to a flashdrive because i do no have the old xbox anymore (it broke)

will plugging a 16gb flashdrive in work?
  8. Lunatic716 Win User

All memory is gone. Help!

Ok I tried with a flash drive and was able to recover my account to there. Is there any saving my game data from the hard drive though? I am unable to transfer anything to the flash drive because it still says I have only 90MB available but there is nothing
    listed to try and transfer.
  9. Mad Cow Dizease Win User

use 250gb hdd for the 360 slim with the elite

You can't attach them but you can transfer the data using a Data Transfer Kit.
Thema:

Unable to Transfer Data

1. Unable to Transfer Data - Similar Threads - Unable Transfer Data

2. I'm unable to transfer my Xbox 360 account to my Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm unable to transfer my Xbox 360 account to my Xbox One: Quite a few years back I upgraded from an Xbox 360 to an Xbox One. I was really excited to transfer my old account with all my games on it, however it wouldn't work. I couldn't sign in with the...
  3. Unable to transfer or update games to External Seagate HD

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to transfer or update games to External Seagate HD: Good afternoon. Since the last XBox update, we have been unable to transfer or update games on our External Seagate SSHD. The XBox 'sees' the device and it is set as the default storage location....
  4. Unable to Login To Xbox Live Rewards Or Transfer Credits

in XBoX Rewards
    Unable to Login To Xbox Live Rewards Or Transfer Credits: When I go onto the Rewards website I click on the login or the "Join Xbox Live Rewards" it refreshes the page but doesn't bring me to a new page. I contacted customer support and they brought me...
  5. Unable to Transfer Xbox 360 world to Xbox one world.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to Transfer Xbox 360 world to Xbox one world.: I Uploaded my save world from xbox 360 to the cloud to be downloaded on xbox one and upon retrieving the world on my xbox one minecraft crashes and does not download the world. I contacted...
  6. Mass Effect Series unable to transfer character's on the xbox one.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mass Effect Series unable to transfer character's on the xbox one.: Just wanted to give people a heads up. I contacted EA today and was told they are working on the character import issues on the Xbox one. Hopefully sometimes soon we will see it with a game...
  7. Unable to transfer content

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to transfer content: I am not able to transfer my skins, textures, and mash-up packs from my 360 to my One. I have successfully transferred maps, though. I'm looking for a solution so I don't have to purchase all of...
  8. License transfer, unable to play games on local accounts

in XBoX Games and Apps
    License transfer, unable to play games on local accounts: I have purchased several games and also downloaded several games with gold. A couple months ago, my original 360 quit reading discs, so I purchased a replacement, transferred the license from my...
  9. Unable to license transfer between my xbox consoles

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to license transfer between my xbox consoles: It has been a year since my third license tranfer and I am still able to lisence tranfer. Is there any possible way to reset my tries? please? f9059761-e4ab-40f8-bac8-ee3cfe24d99a
  10. Unable to transfer gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to transfer gamertag: Hello, I'm currently trying to transfer my gamertag "HorizonsLive" (which is linked to an old hotmail account) to this account. The thing is, I've already a random gamertag on this one (not...