Unable to trim video clip on xbox

Discus and support Unable to trim video clip on xbox in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Tried to use the trim feature accessed by clicking the guide button, going to recent captures and selecting the clip to trim. I set my in and out... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by CameronSproull, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Unable to trim video clip on xbox

Tried to use the trim feature accessed by clicking the guide button, going to recent captures and selecting the clip to trim. I set my in and out points, press X to save and am brought to the "Trimming your video, please wait. Don't leave this screen"
    message. The progress bar pretty much instantly goes to 60%, but stalls there for a few minutes before closing, saying I'll need to trim. Tried several times but no successes.

:)

CameronSproull, Sep 9, 2019
  2. CameronSproull Win User

Unfortunately this didnt resolve my issue
  3. YellowBoar Win User

Hi CameronSproull

Sorry to hear you are having problems with the clip editing feature i would recommend trying to do a hard rest on your concole and see if that fixes your issues.

Xbox One Hard Reset Method 1

1. Holding the power button down for 10 seconds while the system is on will perform a hard reset.
    2. TheXbox OneWill Switch Off.
    3. Power on theXbox Oneagain. You'll see a green start-up screen.
    4. All your data is preserved, but the cache will be cleared and settings may reset.

If this doesn't resolve your issues you can always contact support and they will be able to help your further.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us#4
  4. CameronSproull Win User

Ive just found Upload Studio does an awesome job at editing on the Xbox, so problem somewhat solved.
  5. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

I made a Reddit XBox Insiders post about this very issue.

I'm not sure if it was cleaning out old clips on my console or a later OS preview update that fixed it for me. After deleting a lot of old clips it started working again, trouble is this also coincided with 3-4 updates in the same week.
  6. Joc Holliday Win User

Using upload studio to splice videos not just trim

Currently you can only trim videos but you can add multiple sections and trim the clip in multiple ways to mirror a splice.
Thema:

1. Unable to trim video clip on xbox - Similar Threads - Unable trim video

2. Unable to download Jan 2020 free games for gold - NOW RESOLVED

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to download Jan 2020 free games for gold - NOW RESOLVED: Hi all, Is anyone else having issues downloading Batman Telltale series? It is showing on this months free games for gold. When I access game summary screen it is showing available at 100%...
  3. Unable to uninstall game from microsoft store

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to uninstall game from microsoft store: Hi, i have tried to uninstall Forza horizon 4, when i clicked uninstall it told me that it was doing it. But it is still taking op space on my C: drive c04d33b5-3a8e-4435-b518-c3289b492b64
  4. Minecraft unable to sign in

in XBoX on Mobile
    Minecraft unable to sign in: I am trying to sign into minecraft on my IOS phone and when I type in my email and password it just says there was a problem and to try again or go to the xbox.com website so i went there and i...
  5. Unable to download/install games

in XboX Insiders
    Unable to download/install games: Okay so I was in the Alpha ring (I just updated myself to go back into Skip Ahead to try and fix the following issue) None of my games will install, I have enough space, Apps still install, but...
  6. unable to remove parental controls

in XBoX on Windows
    unable to remove parental controls: Hello i have just bought xbox game pass and downloaded forza horizon 4 and it wont let me access things like car tunes wraps etc because i have parental controls and everytime i go to look it up...
  7. unable to update billing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    unable to update billing: im unable to change payment options or add payments always telling me to try later or service unavailable i have money was in special promo and was being charged until the 7th then was playing on...
  8. Unable to load into chapter in Metro Exodus

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to load into chapter in Metro Exodus: Loaded up Metro Exodus, waited for it to sync, listened to character read out loud about the upcoming chapter but i never get a button prompt to enter the mission. I'd appreciate any help....
  9. Unable to contact any Support help from website.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to contact any Support help from website.: So after my Xbox issue happened ("Xbox One X started smoking and buzzing sound") - link :...
  10. Major issue causing periods of time where I'm unable to launch anything, sometimes even the...

in XboX Insiders
    Major issue causing periods of time where I'm unable to launch anything, sometimes even the...: Major issues launching anything I can't launch the hub to report this. I think my external hard drive is dying and causing issues on my X1X (Skip ahead alpha). When installing games, it gets...